Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 05, 2014, 02:00:30 PM
Don't be getting ahead of ourselves MR2. Lol.   One game at a time:)

Ha I'm piss taking as usual, again good luck on Saturday.

This was the scene at our first training session after the draw was made

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

Looking forward to Saturday immensely.  I've watched our lads a few times in warm up games and they are going well, Saturday will obviousy be a step up though.

MLR will be a very hungry team and I think they will be hard to stop.  I fully expect only a couple of points to separate the sides in the last 15.  Hopefully we can get over the line.

The 2014 Championship draw is a great one in my opinion.  Seems to have generated quite a buzz from every corner.  Massive opportunity for Galls, Sars, Biddies or Clooney to reach a Senior final.  Whilst they wouldn't be favourites to win, as some one else has mentioned it would provide a massive boost for their club years and ambition/ development of young players.

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 05, 2014, 02:56:53 PM
Looking forward to Saturday immensely.  I've watched our lads a few times in warm up games and they are going well, Saturday will obviousy be a step up though.

MLR will be a very hungry team and I think they will be hard to stop.  I fully expect only a couple of points to separate the sides in the last 15.  Hopefully we can get over the line.

The 2014 Championship draw is a great one in my opinion.  Seems to have generated quite a buzz from every corner.  Massive opportunity for Galls, Sars, Biddies or Clooney to reach a Senior final.  Whilst they wouldn't be favourites to win, as some one else has mentioned it would provide a massive boost for their club years and ambition/ development of young players.

Saturday?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on February 05, 2014, 03:01:56 PM

Saturday?
indeed.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 05, 2014, 03:11:27 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 05, 2014, 03:01:56 PM

Saturday?
indeed.

Canal Court do a fine mixed grill, good enough reason to go down on the Saturday evening and partake in the fruits Newry has to offer before the big game.

Seamroga in exile

Lads, you do know the loughgiel match is on Saturday at 3?   ???
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Green light from that wench - I will be in newry from 1pm.
Good luck the shamrocks! And I mean it!

Gizzy15

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 05, 2014, 08:45:50 AM
theres never been a seeding at anytime in the championship. sure we have played Ballycastle, Lgiel etc at various stages in the championship since ive been a kid. the first year we won it we played cdall, st johns, ballycastle and rossa. theres never been seeding ever.

If you look at championship fixtures over the past 20 years, there were not many occasions that the perceived top 4 teams met at semi final stage, yes you may have had ballycastle or St. John's  and then dall but the first two would not have been top 4. Late 90's and early 2000's Rosas were seen as number 4 and doing so usually got to a few semi finals apart from ballycastle doing then on a few occasions and cushedun once.

Look can you not agree that on the majority of draws the top 4 were kept apart hence the shock and excitement at this draw. Who was last years semi final pairing? And the previous 4, just for instance.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 05, 2014, 06:42:01 PM
theres never been a seeding at anytime in the championship. sure we have played Ballycastle, Lgiel etc at various stages in the championship since ive been a kid. the first year we won it we played cdall, st johns, ballycastle and rossa. theres never been seeding ever.

If you look at championship fixtures over the past 20 years, there were not many occasions that the perceived top 4 teams met at semi final stage, yes you may have had ballycastle or St. John's  and then dall but the first two would not have been top 4. Late 90's and early 2000's Rosas were seen as number 4 and doing so usually got to a few semi finals apart from ballycastle doing then on a few occasions and cushedun once.

Look can you not agree that on the majority of draws the top 4 were kept apart hence the shock and excitement at this draw. Who was last years semi final pairing? And the previous 4, just for instance.

I'm just not getting this argument at all?!

Gizzy15

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 05, 2014, 06:47:06 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 05, 2014, 06:42:01 PM

I'm just not getting this argument at all?!

It's not an argument, I was just saying I was glad to see the change and about time.

btdtgtt

I mean the point you made about seeding? And the change?
There has never been any seeding. What else can be said.

Milltown Row2

There is no doubt about it, it's definitely raised a few eyebrows, was thirty odd years since we reached a semi final, that was against Loughgiel after a group stage championship, beating St Johns in a playoff match (after a replay) Loughgiel beat us by 3 points in that semi final, gutted after that game but this team managed to get back after a straight knockout championship which involved beating Dunloy and narrowly getting beat by Cushendall in the semi.

St Johns have managed (Against Loughgiel and leading at HT) and should have been in more semi finals than they have lately and in my book have under performed at Championship, decent league campaigns but poor in Championship.

So it's been the regulars for a brave while, Ballycastle, Cushendall, Loughgiel and Dunloy, and that's because they have put the effort in and for whatever reason have championship pedigree.

This championship won't change that in the long run it will give that club a great day at Ballycastle against the best of the top four, and hopefully (like I said earlier) boost hurling in that club, who'd benefit most? Clooney Gaels and Cloughmills I think. I know our manager well and will only be looking at Clooney Gaels, Mickey Culbert is training the lads and knows a thing or two about preparing teams for Championship in any code.

I just hope we don't get hammered in every game of senior as it will no doubt affect players confidence going into the championship.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 05, 2014, 07:28:36 PM
I mean the point you made about seeding? And the change?
There has never been any seeding. What else can be said.

ok, your right its all in my head ;)

cfclg

I've mentioned this in the past and I'm going to do so again.

Our counties website admin is a total joke. We have Creggan playing in an all Ireland club final this wknd at HQ and lgiel in AI semi final and not one word about it on the website. They need a serious kick in the hole. The front of the website should have a full size page dedicated to these two matches with times/venues etc etc and try to promote hurling. Instead we have last weeks county hurling and football fixtures at the top of the page in size 12 font like something a child would put up. Really angers me.

btdtgtt

Quote from: cfclg on February 06, 2014, 10:13:01 AM
I've mentioned this in the past and I'm going to do so again.

Our counties website admin is a total joke. We have Creggan playing in an all Ireland club final this wknd at HQ and lgiel in AI semi final and not one word about it on the website. They need a serious kick in the hole. The front of the website should have a full size page dedicated to these two matches with times/venues etc etc and try to promote hurling. Instead we have last weeks county hurling and football fixtures at the top of the page in size 12 font like something a child would put up. Really angers me.

And thats before we even mention the attitude of the administrator to genuine queries.