Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Quote from: All seeing I on February 04, 2014, 10:48:13 AM
There might very well be a cry for seeding in future - but this is what championship has always been about. The luck of the draw and being the best - come what may!
The league has already been engineered so that the strong get stronger and the rest get ignored ie splitting the league in two at the halfway stage. The only reason the All Ireland championship has evolved the way it has is to generate more money for HQ. It provides great entertainment but you can, and often do, have champions who have been beaten at some point in the championship season. So are they really champions?

The Antrim hurling championship is, in my opinion, the best club hurling championship in the country. It has taken a serious twist this year and we're all going to be in for a good summer. Lets hope those that come through the "other side of the draw" do so with raw hunger and give it a real go.

The county hurling championship has been unofficially seeded for too long protecting the status quo and barring the odd exception the perceived best four teams in the county meeting in the semi final each year. Two exceptions which spring to mind was cushendun in 2000 and Galls in 2011. The draw has been all to predictable in recent years and not allowed for the so called weaker teams to dream of a final.

I'm not advocating a draw aimed at aiding the weaker teams just a fair draw like this 1, where the stronger teams may have to play each other from round 1  and vise versa. Just a shame Rossa dropped down before this, or did the county set this up..... ;D ;D

maxpower

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2014, 04:18:46 PM
First round weekend  of 31 Aug
Semi 14th Sept
Final 28th Sept

Why do they do that! 2 weeks between matches is ideal but how often do we have matches postponed, drawn then you've football championships for 6 of the 9 teams competing!

Why not include a bit of wriggle room, give 3 weeks between games
What happens next????

Glensman

Semi 14th Sept
Final 28th Sept

Definite? Set in stone?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on February 04, 2014, 06:49:07 PM
Semi 14th Sept
Final 28th Sept

Definite? Set in stone?

That's what I heard
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 04, 2014, 05:52:23 PM
Quote from: All seeing I on February 04, 2014, 10:48:13 AM
There might very well be a cry for seeding in future - but this is what championship has always been about. The luck of the draw and being the best - come what may!
The league has already been engineered so that the strong get stronger and the rest get ignored ie splitting the league in two at the halfway stage. The only reason the All Ireland championship has evolved the way it has is to generate more money for HQ. It provides great entertainment but you can, and often do, have champions who have been beaten at some point in the championship season. So are they really champions?

The Antrim hurling championship is, in my opinion, the best club hurling championship in the country. It has taken a serious twist this year and we're all going to be in for a good summer. Lets hope those that come through the "other side of the draw" do so with raw hunger and give it a real go.

The county hurling championship has been unofficially seeded for too long protecting the status quo and barring the odd exception the perceived best four teams in the county meeting in the semi final each year. Two exceptions which spring to mind was cushendun in 2000 and Galls in 2011. The draw has been all to predictable in recent years and not allowed for the so called weaker teams to dream of a final.

I'm not advocating a draw aimed at aiding the weaker teams just a fair draw like this 1, where the stronger teams may have to play each other from round 1  and vise versa. Just a shame Rossa dropped down before this, or did the county set this up..... ;D ;D

What?
Nonsense!

Lecale2

Who is in the Junior B?

Na Glinntí Glasa

theres never been a seeding at anytime in the championship. sure we have played Ballycastle, Lgiel etc at various stages in the championship since ive been a kid. the first year we won it we played cdall, st johns, ballycastle and rossa. theres never been seeding ever.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jeepers Creepers

All go for the games this weekend, weather wise?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 05, 2014, 09:04:23 AM
Ivhaven't heard anything different. The lads were down training on it last weekend and said that it was in good nick considering the rain that has been as past while. No matter what rain comes the rest of the week it's a better playing surface than Parnell all day long.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 05, 2014, 10:03:34 AM
Ivhaven't heard anything different. The lads were down training on it last weekend and said that it was in good nick considering the rain that has been as past while. No matter what rain comes the rest of the week it's a better playing surface than Parnell all day long.

Well I'll be down to to cheer ya on, -3 seems very generous
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Creggan have been up against it and have come up trumps in each game, this team will be as tough as the last so I feel they are in with a shout to win this at the weekend. Hope they do

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2014, 10:24:14 AM

you ever see a poor bookie? It will be a lot tighter than a lot of people are making out, I fancy us winning.   But I'd imagine there will be no generosity going   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 05, 2014, 01:47:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2014, 10:24:14 AM

you ever see a poor bookie? It will be a lot tighter than a lot of people are making out, I fancy us winning.   But I'd imagine there will be no generosity going   

No but I'd like to see a poor bookie ;) Listen if Loughgiel worry about their own game and keep the intensity for both half (which the do) then we'll be meeting yous come the 28 Sept ;)

Sleeping giant

Don't be getting ahead of ourselves MR2. Lol.   One game at a time:)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.