Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Just been told by a reliable source that the preliminary rounds and quarter finals of all championships are home venue to first out of the hat. A big advantage to the home team IMO. A few good games in the intermediate championship as well. Will Creggan be all Ireland Junior champions when they go to play Carey, in Carey? Glenariff and Rossa in opposite sides of the draw

Preliminary:
1. Randalstown V Lamh Dhearg
2. Carey V Creggan
3. Cushendun V St Paul's

1/4 Finals:
A. Rossa V St Endas
B. Armoy V winner 3
C. Gortnamona V Glenariff
D. Winner 1 v winner 2

Semi Finals:
D v A
C v B

btdtgtt

Delighted with the draw!
A real chance for a city team and mostly the galls to make the final!
Mr2 maybe this is the long awaited spark needed for milltown to take hurling seriously!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Bonamargy

JHC
Prelim:
St Theresa v Rasharkin

Semis:
Winner Prelim v Glenarm
Winner JHC B v St Agnes

Na Glinntí Glasa

have to say when i got a text last night with the full draw i had to do a double check at it and the first thing i said was christ one of those four on the other side will be in the final this year!

i think its a great draw. we have a hell of a tough draw if we want to win it, same as the dall, lgiel etc. but if thats how we have to do it then so be it :)

my mate from Cloney is completly estatic at the draw, and rightly so. exciting games for all our clubs this year
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Wait to you see the whinging come the final  :)

Thinks its an exciting draw. I really hope the teams on the A and D sections try to get get their standards up. If that's achieved in the medium term as result of such a lop sided draw then, I'd take it every year. At the end of the day from the top teams perspective, you have to beat the best to be the best so...
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on February 04, 2014, 10:02:05 AM

Thinks its an exciting draw. I really hope the teams on the A and D sections try to get get their standards up. If that's achieved in the medium term as result of such a lop sided draw then, I'd take it every year. At the end of the day from the top teams perspective, you have to beat the best to be the best so...

It needs to be raised, I know if our lads put the effort in and are lucky to progress they will be fit and strong. Skill levels will need to improve but they are working hard on that, Clooney are improving every year Sarsfields have a great wee under 21 team from a couple years ago filling their senior ranks, Cloughmills will have come on from their experience from last year.

None of these teams should they get to the final will want to fail badly in front of everyone, and they couldn't do any worse than last years final  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Its a great draw with a few big games up the country with big crowds to get the championship going really early.

There's kind of a separate championship going on in the other side for the right to a big day out.

Crossing bridges very early here but would a one-sided final result in a request for seeding in future? Not that I'm against it as I've said before I would like to see the league finish - and standing used to seed championship. Thereby increasing the competitiveness of both competitions.

Thats said - great to see the energy floating around the clubs this morning as they have one eye on county final day! A real shot in the arms for the four teams with a massive chance to make their season and indeed careers for making a county final they never thought possible.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2014, 10:16:44 AM

It needs to be raised, I know if our lads put the effort in and are lucky to progress they will be fit and strong. Skill levels will need to improve but they are working hard on that, Clooney are improving every year Sarsfields have a great wee under 21 team from a couple years ago filling their senior ranks, Cloughmills will have come on from their experience from last year.

None of these teams should they get to the final will want to fail badly in front of everyone, and they couldn't do any worse than last years final  ;D ;D
your a bad man MR2  ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

All seeing I

There might very well be a cry for seeding in future - but this is what championship has always been about. The luck of the draw and being the best - come what may!
The league has already been engineered so that the strong get stronger and the rest get ignored ie splitting the league in two at the halfway stage. The only reason the All Ireland championship has evolved the way it has is to generate more money for HQ. It provides great entertainment but you can, and often do, have champions who have been beaten at some point in the championship season. So are they really champions?

The Antrim hurling championship is, in my opinion, the best club hurling championship in the country. It has taken a serious twist this year and we're all going to be in for a good summer. Lets hope those that come through the "other side of the draw" do so with raw hunger and give it a real go.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 04, 2014, 10:45:34 AM

your a bad man MR2  ;D

Sure it's just a larf!!  Wish i was 10 years younger ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2014, 11:00:53 AM

your a bad man MR2  ;D

ha fecking ha  :'(  :'(    ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on February 04, 2014, 11:24:47 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2014, 11:00:53 AM

your a bad man MR2  ;D

ha fecking ha  :'(  :'(    ;)

If last years final is anything to go by we all have to raise our standards, joking aside I think all the big teams will raise them including Loughgiel, should Loughgiel get to the final (and they will) they will raise it further again, can't be a bad thing, may impact on the county with clubs pushing hard for tough early encounters!!

samboswig

Milltown Row2

First round weekend  of 31 Aug
Semi 14th Sept
Final 28th Sept