Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

how did they beat ballyboden then?(wasn't it ballyboden the dublin champs - who are a very good side)

was that a slow pitch and sheer exuberance of youth?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2014, 12:07:20 PM
how did they beat ballyboden then?(wasn't it ballyboden the dublin champs - who are a very good side)

Watched the Ballyboden game to, was really strange to, Boden had a couple of injuries to during the game but should have had enough firepower to get over the line considering their team.

It really has the making of a intriguing game, looking forward to it. Still saying 10 points though ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2014, 12:20:15 PM

Watched the Ballyboden game to, was really strange to, Boden had a couple of injuries to during the game but should have had enough firepower to get over the line considering their team.

It really has the making of a intriguing game, looking forward to it. Still saying 10 points though ;)

The Ballyboden side werent a great vintage either, add to that the Dublin championship is one of the most competitive and taxing, with a few injuries left them vulnerable. Lets also face the fact that the Leinster championship hasnt been up to scratch for a few years now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on January 15, 2014, 12:28:21 PM

The Ballyboden side werent a great vintage either, add to that the Dublin championship is one of the most competitive and taxing, with a few injuries left them vulnerable. Lets also face the fact that the Leinster championship hasnt been up to scratch for a few years now.

Bar the Munster champions (who have been very poor) it's been spread about with Leinster, Galway and Ulster all having wins recently, Na Piarsaigh are my pick this year as the progressive team and have a good chance to beat Portumna
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Na Piarsaigh looked very good in their run through munster, well improved from the team i seen 2 years ago that lgiel beat.

fancy them to beat portumna
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

I think Na Piarsagh will win it. Very physical but with some very good hurlers in there too.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2014, 12:38:47 PM

Bar the Munster champions (who have been very poor) it's been spread about with Leinster, Galway and Ulster all having wins recently, Na Piarsaigh are my pick this year as the progressive team and have a good chance to beat Portumna
I fancy Na Piarsigh myself, talking to a Portumna selector who reckoned they were soft but i reckon they'll be up against it.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i think they went away after losing 2 yeara ago to Lgiel and learned alot from it. Much the same as the Portumna team we beat in Clones. they were prob taken aback by ourselves, maybe under estimated us and wernt as street wise as our lads were from being there abouts most years

they went back and learned and came back even better and wiser for it.

Na Piarsigh prob didnt treat Lgiel with the respect they were due and maybe under estimated them as Lgiel were much wiser and more determined due to the number of antrim finals they lost over the years.

i expect Na Piarsigh to be fully determined to win it this year. they could be hard to beat this season as we have seen in their run through munster
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 16, 2014, 08:59:08 AM
i think they went away after losing 2 yeara ago to Lgiel and learned alot from it. Much the same as the Portumna team we beat in Clones. they were prob taken aback by ourselves, maybe under estimated us and wernt as street wise as our lads were from being there abouts most years

they went back and learned and came back even better and wiser for it.

Na Piarsigh prob didnt treat Lgiel with the respect they were due and maybe under estimated them as Lgiel were much wiser and more determined due to the number of antrim finals they lost over the years.

i expect Na Piarsigh to be fully determined to win it this year. they could be hard to beat this season as we have seen in their run through munster

Havent seen NaP this year, but remember being shocked at the poor technique of a lot of NaP players that day. Loughgiel had twice the stickwork that day
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Which is why I expect them to win pulling up against MLR, they now have players all comfortable on the ball and able to use it. Dont think MLR are the same.

Flutehook

Dublin SHC is probably the weakest and most poorly organised among the 'hurling' counties!

Boden strolled through Dublin playing like the Harlem Globetrotters, and with similar intensity, during most matches; their average winning margin was probably 15 points or so. Aside from the Crokes match they weren't pushed at all - Lucan pressed a bit in the final but Boden won playing within themselves, even after going down to 14 men.

In Leinster MLR brought a physicality and intensity that Boden struggled with - especially in the middle third where MLR deployed extra men. Bodens midfield was Shane Durkin (more suited to a sweeping half-back role) and Niall McMorrow (class hurler and stickman but physically slight enough) and they were horsed out of it and couldn't cope with the extra man. MLR also contested and broke nearly every ball in their half-back line to deny Boden, Keaney in particular, possession.

Boden seemed to have no response to this other than to rely on their capacity to get goals - several times they carved open MLR with scintillating moves but a combination of bad choices and good saves limited them to 3 goals. Towards the end it changed from going for goals "cos they can" to "cos they had to" - and it's always more difficult at that stage.

Boden will swear they weren't complacent but they let/found themselves (be) dragged into a low-scoring dogfight and had no real response; I'd imagine the plan for Shamrocks is not overly dissimilar. MLR also have the hurlers to effect this plan and some very skillful players who can score from range. They also delivered a couple of cheap off the ball strikes - including one to the head that saw the recipient stretchered off. Looking forward to it and will spin up to Newry.

Seamroga in exile

It seems to be Na Piarsiagh's for the taking then.   :-\
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 16, 2014, 07:01:30 PM

Christ on that report ya might not get past the semi finals

theskull1

::) 9/10 believe the shams have what it takes to win the Tom Moore again....end of

Quit yer whinning
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on January 16, 2014, 10:46:07 PM

::) 9/10 believe the shams have what it takes to win the Tom Moore again....end of

Quit yer whinning
from what I've read on here it appears Na p are winning it. End of. Observation skull, not whining.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"