Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waawaa

I cant honestly see where all this talk of glenariffe being a dirty team comes from....ive played them twice this year and haven't seen a dirty pull yet.

SeanSouth

Re North Antrim. Where you at all the Glenariffe games? Or just concurring with the other bullshit you have read on this board. I have only been at the 2 Loughguile Glenariffe games so cant comment on the other ones. There was a bit of slashing in the Ulster League match from both teams but i always thought it was a contact sport, as for the League game there was not a dirty stroke in the game. Maybe if Ballycastle would pull the stick a bit more and show a bit more balls they wouldnt have put up the kind of gutless performance they did last week.

theskull1

Look lads the advice was for free so you don't have to take it. Just keep doing what youse are doing. Youse are obviously happy enough about the way you play the game so why listen to me?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

maxpower

Is it a coincidence that the glenarriffe minors where at it last night against us in minor championship.  admittedly some of our boys didn't react as we would expect which was dissapointing but again there was not doubt as too who started it
What happens next????

Balboa

Quote from: maxpower on July 31, 2007, 09:13:27 AM
Is it a coincidence that the glenarriffe minors where at it last night against us in minor championship.  admittedly some of our boys didn't react as we would expect which was dissapointing but again there was not doubt as too who started it

Why dont you go and tell tales somewhere else Maxie,imagine minors getting a bit heated, surely its a first.

maxpower

the point of the matter is, this dirty, off the ball, and niggly shit seems to be almost a culture of the glenarriffe club.  you can't expect senior to not engage in it if they have been involved in it for years.

From a glenarriffe viewpoint the worst of it is it was them, not Dunloy who lost composure when all the shi as going on
What happens next????

NAG

Cant believe anyone would come on this site and try and defend Glenariffe's tactics at the moment, do they not realise they cant mix and hurl at the same time. They have some good hurlers but they arent great. Tosh their main threat set the tone in the Dunloy game with a wild pull on Shields which he was rightly booked for and then should have got a second card for two kicks (which the referee saw) not 2mins later.

Anyway they dont matter anyway because they are going nowhere.

Heard some rumours about the Rossa Gorts game and some sledging can anyone shed any light on it?

Balboa

Quote from: NAG on July 31, 2007, 10:43:12 AM
Cant believe anyone would come on this site and try and defend Glenariffe's tactics at the moment, do they not realise they cant mix and hurl at the same time. They have some good hurlers but they arent great. Tosh their main threat set the tone in the Dunloy game with a wild pull on Shields which he was rightly booked for and then should have got a second card for two kicks (which the referee saw) not 2mins later.

Anyway they dont matter anyway because they are going nowhere.

Heard some rumours about the Rossa Gorts game and some sledging can anyone shed any light on it?

What you mean is that you saw reference on the HoganStand site that Sean Kelly was getting abit of stick from the Rossa sideline and you want to know if anyone knows. Whoever claimed the Glenariffe players were "great"? Can you name any "great" players currently playing in Antrim?

North Antrim

As a matter of fact i was at 5 out of the 6 games, last sunday being the only exception!!! So i was only putting forward my viewpoint. Like i said earlier our lads were gutless against cushendall, but i firmly believe we will beat Rossa and go on and win our first U-21 title. Now thats more than we can say for you lads.....

NAG

Balboa, very sensitive there.

I wasnt claiming that any one of their players are great, I meant that they arent a great side. They do have some good hurlers and my point was if they concentrated on hurling they might improve all round.

Balboa

Quote from: North Antrim on July 31, 2007, 10:52:07 AM
As a matter of fact i was at 5 out of the 6 games, last sunday being the only exception!!! So i was only putting forward my viewpoint. Like i said earlier our lads were gutless against cushendall, but i firmly believe we will beat Rossa and go on and win our first U-21 title. Now thats more than we can say for you lads.....

NorthAntrim i have thought this for a while and i think the official North Antrim website is the place for you.

imtommygunn

This thread is fast approaching the same standard as the hogan stand message board.

Milltown I wouldn't classify that behaviour as typical "Belfast". It just takes a few individuals and that's what it has more than likely been.

Are the next round of senior games this sunday? I see st johns are to play Rossa - should tell us who the best team in Belfast is.

The next big one after that would be dunloy-loughgiel on the 9th of september. It's a pity these two always meet in the groups - would love to see them play in the knockouts.

aontroim

Some interesting IHC Games this Sunday according to the Irish News;

Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 1 (3pm)
Glenravel v Carey Laughs (J McKinley);

Group 2: Shane O'Neills v Gael Chilean (C Cunning);

Also just spotted in S. Antrim fixtures;

Friday, August 3
Minor Hurling re-fixes, (7.45pm) Enright Park: Gort na Mona v Naomi Compile; - 3 new Antrim clubs in a week - things are looking up!

Fcuk me! Antrim Camogie Fixture;

Junior Championship: Portglenone v Britain Ogs (B Daly).

imtommygunn

Who would the favourites in the intermediate be?

I would imagine Carey, Glenarm and Ahoghill would be among the favourites? That would make the latter game a big one. Actually randalstown seem to be making good strides too so it could have the makings of a good championship.

Or are st pauls in it too?

milltown row

wrong thread imtommygunn, but where you there?

think we're getting too involved in how glenariffe play hurling, yes they may be putting stick in but a lot of clubs do, our game against them was not dirty

like imtommygunn has said lets talk about the big games coming up how will Rossa do against the Johnnies next week?