Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 17, 2013, 10:41:18 AM
Ok.   so were friends :D

I fail to see in my post where I stated that  ;)

Gizzy15

I seethe elite within the gaa are steamrolling ahead with their plans to cause havoc in the centre of west belfast to build their new concert venue. Absolute joke. They and the so called politicians should be ashamed of themselves .

What would durkan or yer woman do if we drove past their house 16 hours a day for the next two years in 40ft dumper trucks trailing dirt and mud all over the shop. then when we had finished we close off their roads a couple of weekends a month deny them access and throw plastic beer glasses about while pissing in their front garden(normal Saturday nite in west).

The ground needs updated and redeveloped but they way they have went about it is disrespectful, and I'm sure they wouldn't do it in their own backyard. I heard they have already purchased 4 houses behind the ground between it and motorway. someone or more than just someone is getting their pockets lined.

RefForFee

Quote from: Gizzy15 on December 19, 2013, 07:57:20 PM
I seethe elite within the gaa are steamrolling ahead with their plans to cause havoc in the centre of west belfast to build their new concert venue. Absolute joke. They and the so called politicians should be ashamed of themselves .

What would durkan or yer woman do if we drove past their house 16 hours a day for the next two years in 40ft dumper trucks trailing dirt and mud all over the shop. then when we had finished we close off their roads a couple of weekends a month deny them access and throw plastic beer glasses about while pissing in their front garden(normal Saturday nite in west).

The ground needs updated and redeveloped but they way they have went about it is disrespectful, and I'm sure they wouldn't do it in their own backyard. I heard they have already purchased 4 houses behind the ground between it and motorway. someone or more than just someone is getting their pockets lined.
The Shinners, The church,  Pronsias & Clint bought some of the houses. Going to coin it big time!
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

cfclg

For me the Casement redevelopment is a simple one.

Yes, the ground needs redeveloped but what they have proposed is very OTT and at a massive expense. Can you imagine it on county final day, 38000 seats and maybe 5000 people at it. Look at what Ulster Rugby have done (with much less cash) to Ravenhill. I am very envious of the setup they now have and that would have been ideal for what this county and Ulster need. 15 -18K seats, simple stadium structure and bit of terracing out the front. Not many people would have been put out by it I don't think (with regard to stadium height etc). Who do we think we are, a premiership soccer team FFS!!!!!!

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

RefForFee

Quote from: theskull1 on December 20, 2013, 12:24:46 PM
Exactly....
Whats with all these negative words? Think of all the jobs the Shinners will be bringing into the west  ;) At least Ulster Council will be running the show. The pot of gold will be in safe hands at least. Remember the last upgrade  :o
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

RefForFee

Quote from: hardstation on December 20, 2013, 10:39:29 PM
Yes, so the members of Antrim GAA have just had their biggest asset removed from their possession at a cost of £0.00. A shrewd bit of business there.

Murray can work his Dunsilly levy up his bangle.
Impetuous HS, impetuous, he is a big lad and a McD's man  :-X

Minder

I would say the new Casement will see as many Antrim Club games as Windsor Park.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 21, 2013, 10:17:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 21, 2013, 10:04:16 PM
I would say the new Casement will see as many Antrim Club games as Windsor Park.
Yeah, I've made that point many times. Bringing an Ulster Football Final and an All Ireland qualifier to Casement does little for the promotion of GAA in Belfast when you simultaneously move dozens of club games away from Casement.

I will go further.....we will be lucky to get our county league games back to Casement. Attendances less than 5000 will be of no use whatsoever to the brand spanking new Casement Park.

County semi finals and finals will be played at Casement, they have to be. It's a non runner if the county sell it and not play the games they normally do. All the other grounds do it in other counties why won't Antrim?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Finding it very difficult to disagree with a single word HS is saying here.

A vision a huge white elephant getting a token gesture of a few "big" games in the first years. After that it'll be the best surface in Ireland - because it'll be completely unused.

Other than for nice PR photographs for the self appointed ulster council elite. 

Murray and the rest will no doubt have used their sacrifice of our casement to further their own GAA officialdom careers.

I can't help but laugh and ulster council saying casement shows their commitment to GAA in Antrim - really? Will any juvenile or schools games ever be held there? I mean the ulster hurling final this year shows what they care about Antrim!

Even those supporting the development can't possibly believe the stadium is the right size?

The whole thing is people blinded by the shiny new stadium and not seeing the reality.
Sadly a symptom of the modern GAA.

theskull1

Clubs won't want to play in it. The old casement was bad enough for atmosphere. This monstrosity will kill it completely.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

And if I'm not mistaken that "private company" is currently involved in legal action against GAA members over the handball club at croke park.

The modern GAA lads. All the warning signs are there.
Antrim GAA and Belfast GAA and west Belfast - be afraid, be very afraid!

Seamroga in exile

Attitude,desire, a will to win. Grow up lads

It's time the real problem was addressed   
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on December 21, 2013, 11:44:29 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 21, 2013, 11:40:45 PM

What's the real problem?
jealousy. It will not go away. No matter how much people try.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 21, 2013, 11:46:47 PM
Quote from: hardstation on December 21, 2013, 11:44:29 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 21, 2013, 11:40:45 PM

What's the real problem?
jealousy. It will not go away. No matter how much people try.

Of Loughgiel take it?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"