Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Skull do you think that was a "dirty" game yesterday?

podge

Here here Guillem2- no need to be naming refs here if you are not prepared to do the job yourself.  if we want to improve the standard of refs, potential candidates need to know that they can give it a go in the knowledge that they won;t get personal abuse on sites such as this.

Those who are posting this stuff may think by a smart remark that these guys will give up or the powers that be will not appoint them to big games but they are actually being counterproductive in the long run- have a look at the bigger picture- personal attacks will do nothing to enourage guys to take up the job.

Havnt; seen the papers- how did gorts and rossa do?  fancied gorts to scare them a little..?

i notice the post elsewhere re Micko's behaviour in the football the other night- is he ever going to learn?  as soemone said, he needs to take a leaf out of his brother Ciaran's book.

johnneycool

Quote from: Guillem2 on July 30, 2007, 12:00:55 PM

When does your mob play Portaferry in the Down Championship Johnnycool?

It's pencilled in for the 9th of September Guillem.

Guillem2

Podge - Rossa won 4-10 to 12 pts.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Queenie

Balboa, we have only 4 good hurling refs in this county:

T Mc Intyre (The Master)
R Matthews
G Duffy
O Elliott

Thats it lads, we have very little else these guys are the only guys that can handle difficult and high level C/Ship games, don,t see enough of them thats the problem, and i am sure they will agree with me. The 3 younger lads need more games, they Ref the way the played, we are too critical, then we can get good refs, we turn on them see it time and time again.
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Arthur_Friend

Every time Johnny McIntosh ran at the Dunloy goals he had a hand on either shoulder pulling him back. One belonging to each defender.

Also, the fullback kept poking and niggling him the whole time. Who's got the blinkers on? From what I seen both teams were at it.

Balboa

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on July 30, 2007, 01:49:25 PM
Every time Johnny McIntosh ran at the Dunloy goals he had a hand on either shoulder pulling him back. One belonging to each defender.

Also, the fullback kept poking and niggling him the whole time. Who's got the blinkers on? From what I seen both teams were at it.

Skull if you are going to whine then at least give a full picture, when Dick O'Kane drew off the Glenariffe FB twice off the ball do you class that as "hard" hurling or something more sinister, dare i say a dirty stroke from a Dunloy player?

theskull1

Quote from: Balboa on July 30, 2007, 12:11:56 PM
Skull do you think that was a "dirty" game yesterday?

Well your definition of "dirty" may well differ from mine

There wasn't one instance which stood out over the game which was really blatant, but the consistency (over the two games we've played this year) in which Glenariff were niggling, slapping and slabbering all over the park signalled to me that this is the way set out to play and in doing so forgot about hurling the ball in many occasions. Too many of your lads think they are hard men and they seem more interested in trying to show it than anything else. That wee runt docherty is a case in point....did nothing but try and act the hard man all day long (had to laugh at him squaring up to Malachy Molly) yet he did absolutley nothing with the ball yesterday. I am lead to believe he is meant to a fairly decent hurler when he puts his mind to it but the way he is going he is making a rod for his own back (i.e. oppisitions will target him for abuse).

As I told "The Truth" back in April....feel free to ignore everything I've said on the issue....it's only my 2 cents

Quote from: Balboa on July 30, 2007, 02:03:28 PM

Skull if you are going to whine then at least give a full picture, when Dick O'Kane drew off the Glenariffe FB twice off the ball do you class that as "hard" hurling or something more sinister, dare i say a dirty stroke from a Dunloy player?

AF/Rocky if youse went to see other matches between two neutral clubs you would realise that they don't hurl that way against other opposiiton whereas I am lead to believe that youse hurl that way all the time. Now that tells me that Glenariff are the common denominator. But you class every team as dirty as yourselves because they give back what youse give out.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

Skull i never mentioned either teams "hard hurling/dirt" or whatever classification you use when i gave a brief match report, it was you that saw fit to comment but if i dont agree with you i will tell you. Dunloy are not a dirty team but Dicks two strokes were. Over & out. The saddest thing about yesterday was that it was pretty obvious Cushendall will be walking to another title.

theskull1

Quote from: Balboa on July 30, 2007, 02:34:33 PM
Skull i never mentioned either teams "hard hurling/dirt" or whatever classification you use when i gave a brief match report, it was you that saw fit to comment but if i dont agree with you i will tell you. Dunloy are not a dirty team but Dicks two strokes were. Over & out. The saddest thing about yesterday was that it was pretty obvious Cushendall will be walking to another title.

So are Glenariff a dirty team? If not, how would you classify them?

As I've said before....youse end up getting back what you give out. I didn't see the incidents you are talking about as they were off the ball as you've said, but I'll bet Dick wasn't the one to start it.

Can't deny that Cushendall will be rubbing there hands today at the thought of another championship. We have to improve no doubt

maxpower

You have to be joking, the first thing Johnny Tosh did when he went into full forward was hit our full back a belt, this straight after getting a booking.  2 minutes latter he swung a kick at our full back and astonishing wasn't pulled for it. 
What happens next????

Balboa

Quote from: theskull1 on July 30, 2007, 03:20:41 PM
Quote from: Balboa on July 30, 2007, 02:34:33 PM

So are Glenariff a dirty team? If not, how would you classify them?

As I've said before....youse end up getting back what you give out. I didn't see the incidents you are talking about as they were off the ball as you've said, but I'll bet Dick wasn't the one to start it.

Can't deny that Cushendall will be rubbing there hands today at the thought of another championship. We have to improve no doubt

I will take a bit of your money then,he was hit twice off the ball and our FB didnt react because i have no doubt that clampett Donnelly would have only seen the retaliation and we would have been well and truly fcuked with a man down in the 1st half. I have seen enough Dunloy matches to know Dick is no angel. As for Seamus Doherty he will probably always play that way but when he is on his game he is a huge asset to us, it just didnt go for him yesterday and that happens too. I think he is 19 so i would say he has a fair few years to iron out whatever flaws you perceive him to have.

theskull1

Ouch  :D

;D
Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2007, 03:49:51 PM
Dunloy are not a dirty team. It's their supporters that you have to watch.

North Antrim

Glenarrife wont be in the mix this year. Yes Cushendall are strong favourites but.....cliche city....Championship isnt won in July or August, but in Early October! Glenariffe have been at it all year

1. Friendly on St Patricks Day v Us
2.v  Dunly League
3. v Loughguile Ulster League
4. v Cushendall League
5. v Loughgiel league
6. v Dunloy championship

and im sure they are a few opther examples....they played good hurling last couple of years....Bout time they caught themselves on and went back to it.......MANAGEMENT must be the cause of it????

Arthur_Friend

Thats quite a little list you have there North Antrim. Have you been to all those matches yourself then? Or just regurgitating shite you prob read on this board?

I can't speak for all the matches, I havent been to them all but I can tell you that in the Ulster league, Loughguile clearly came out with the intention to try and intimidate a younger Glenariff team off the field. With hard, late tackles and dirty slaps all over the field.

Unfortunately some of the younger hotheaded Glenariff players reacted badly to this and retaliated. Instead of course of just laughing at the bunch of yobs they were playing that day.