Quote from: btdtgtt on December 10, 2013, 07:07:11 PM
Loughgiel
Cushendall
Dunloy
Ballycastle
St. John's
Ballycran
Ballygalget
Portaferry (oisins relegated official minder?)
St Galls
Sarsfields

Bottom five???
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Motion 3
That the ACHL Div 1 be played as follows;

Div 1 to consist of 10 teams
Everyone plays each other once.
After all nine games are played (or the stipulated cut off date is reached) the league splits into two sections, with top 5 teams playing off for the league title and bottom 5 teams playing off against relegation.

The reserve league would follow the above format.

Teams who play at home in the first phase (games 1 to 9) will travel to the opposition venue if paired together in phase 2

It doesn't say about not playing without county players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Not for me - one of the down teams in place of St. John's. Then that'll be the split - in no particular order other than that.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2013, 07:21:47 PM
Motion 3

After all nine games are played (or the stipulated cut off date is reached) the league splits into two sections, with top 5 teams playing off for the league title and bottom 5 teams playing off against relegation.

Teams who play at home in the first phase (games 1 to 9) will travel to the opposition venue if paired together in phase 2

It doesn't say about not playing without county players
For the person asking earlier it was the Dall proposed the motion.

I think it is a good proposition especially for that middle tier as there is no real room for coasting.

Jeepers Creepers

So in theory you could finish 5th and win the league or finish last and still stay up?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 10, 2013, 10:14:11 PM
So in theory you could finish 5th and win the league or finish last and still stay up?

Finish 5th ??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2013, 10:40:17 PM

Finish 5th ??
I think he means at the cut off point where it splits in 2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 10, 2013, 11:07:12 PM

Finish 5th ??

I'm easily confused but top five which is 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th the bottom 4 here will play off to meet the top team in final? Has that been worked out yet? 9th plays 6th, 8th plays 7th?

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2013, 08:45:36 AM

Finish 5th ??

I'm easily confused but top five which is 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th the bottom 4 here will play off to meet the top team in final? Has that been worked out yet? 9th plays 6th, 8th plays 7th?

eh?

Is there league playoff now??

I thought it was  just a straight 9 game first phase and then split where you'd get another 4 games against the other teams in your section. The top team in the top section wins the league.
The bottom two teams in the bottom section get relegated??

Is it more complicated than that?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on December 11, 2013, 08:54:40 AM

Finish 5th ??

eh?

I thought it was  just a straight 9 game first phase and then split where you'd get another 4 games against the other teams in your section. The top team in the top section wins the league.

I thought this was the motion that was passed, was there an amendment to it?

Motion 3

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2013, 08:56:41 AM

Finish 5th ??

eh?

Motion 3

Well you were the one rabbiting on about 9th playing 6th and all that, you're the one who confused me..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on December 11, 2013, 08:59:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2013, 08:56:41 AM

Finish 5th ??

eh?

Motion 3

Well you were the one rabbiting on about 9th playing 6th and all that, you're the one who confused me..

Too early!!!!

thedog 83

Re the new league proposals for Div 1.

The reason my club decided on putting this proposal in is for the following reasons:

Some teams struggled to play all 18 league matches last season.

With county players away from mid April to mid July, it means teams can play on without county players and know when the 2nd phase kicks in they will have their county players on board.

All games will mean something instead of some league games being boring and mediocre

Finally, it should improve div 1 in general, as the first 9 games will dictate we're ull be after the split so if u wanna be in top 5 you should be busting a gut and be prepared to mix with the top boys!!

Also, when talking to the guy who tabled the motion from my club he didn't once mention a north antrim elite, his main concern was the improvement of hurling in div 1, and he didn't consider div 2 - 4 as it has no concern to him as his team does not play in them leagues!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thedog 83 on December 11, 2013, 09:31:15 AM

The reason my club decided on putting this proposal in is for the following reasons:

With county players away from mid April to mid July, it means teams can play on without county players and know when the 2nd phase kicks in they will have their county players on board.

All games will mean something instead of some league games being boring and mediocre

Finally, it should improve div 1 in general, as the first 9 games will dictate we're ull be after the split so if u wanna be in top 5 you should be busting a gut and be prepared to mix with the top boys!!

Also, when talking to the guy who tabled the motion from my club he didn't once mention a north antrim elite, his main concern was the improvement of hurling in div 1, and he didn't consider div 2 - 4 as it has no concern to him as his team does not play in them leagues!!

That's fair enough as I'm sure these motions were passed around all the clubs before the meeting, which meant that they had a chance to amend it for their own clubs in the lower leagues

btdtgtt

Quote from: thedog 83 on December 11, 2013, 09:31:15 AM

Again, they are club players and should never miss a club game - granted thats not always the reality - but making this the case should be the real priority.

Hopefully! Not guaranteed. In reality - every game does mean something! If teams choose not to approach it like that is a different matter.

This kind of contradicts your point about playing without county players.

That was the point I made - Div 2-4 are of no concern to say Cushendall - but they are of concern to the county as a whole. Equally if Div2-4 are of no concern to Cushendall (or others) the they saw fit not to adjust them? Then why are football only clubs fit to vote on hurling structures which affect them even less!

Again - don't take it from my points here that I am against these specific proposals.
I have long posted on this board the need to make leagues more meaningful and I hope this is successful at doing that. I actually suggested the league be linked to championship. So I'm not against change and not overtly against this move either.

I'm just making some points regarding the general issues.