Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

HM = Hilary McDaniels??

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2013, 12:48:52 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on December 04, 2013, 12:45:33 PM
HM = Hilary McDaniels??

Aye

His da used to be a barman in a wee bar on Hawthorn street where I lived for a while, he'd played hurling against my Da years ago and thankfully that helped break the ice with the local clientele as the strange Ulster scots accents were getting some looks back then!
Junior HM played a bit of freshers hurling at UUJ IIRC, as did Conleth before he thought he was better at the big ball.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on December 04, 2013, 12:55:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2013, 12:48:52 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on December 04, 2013, 12:45:33 PM
HM = Hilary McDaniels??

Aye

His da used to be a barman in a wee bar on Hawthorn street where I lived for a while, he'd played hurling against my Da years ago and thankfully that helped break the ice with the local clientele as the strange Ulster scots accents were getting some looks back then!
Junior HM played a bit of freshers hurling at UUJ IIRC, as did Conleth before he thought he was better at the big ball.

Aye Hawthorn street bar, smallest bar in the West, was someones house ffs, Hanratty's?? Aye Hilary was a good back in those days took all our juvenile hurling teams for years!!! Great fella
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jftj

Is HM still living in belfast.Haven,t seen him in years.Good aul crack back in the day.

Milltown Row2

I think so, Not sure where though, He's got a youngster so no doubt he'll be teaching him and he'll be at the club in due time

RefForFee

Boring stuff this, needs a bit of a liven er :P  Hate this time of the year, hurling season over and no controversy in the offing. Sure the convention is sure to bring about some dirt, plus the imminent standing down of JM and the elevation of wee JE. None of you fellas running against wee JE, then again on 2nd thoughts, wee JE may not be a bad otion in this case  ;) :D
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Glensman

Are there any more events for Anto Finnegan or any ways to donate?

Cheers

glens abu

Quote from: Glensman on December 06, 2013, 10:51:30 AM
Are there any more events for Anto Finnegan or any ways to donate?

Cheers

Yes there are other events planned Glens and when I have details I will keep you posted.

NAG1

Planning a cycle Dublin to Belfast or vice versa, if Im not mistaken to raise funds

optimus cheese

Football game at Ravenhill, Black tie do at Europa, cycle and few other things afaik

RefForFee

Day of reckoning tomorrow evening - 'The County Convention'.  Heaven help us all, but we are in the gutter.  Why was I born in this godforsaken and under achieving county?  I really do deserve better ya know ;)  Must check if my grand parents are from Down or Tyrone  ;D
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Milltown Row2

Any new managers been appointed for the coming season? Our lads are training away, well some gym stuff and a bitta 7 a sides to bring them up to xmas break. We'd need to get up to speed very quickly and try and get some points on the board early on before the bigger teams come good and our footballers get a run in the championship!!

Sleeping giant

I believe dick is in with the neighbours, James mc naughton back over the dall and humpy is to help wee Micky.  All well respected with in there own clubs. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 09, 2013, 02:25:52 PM
I believe dick is in with the neighbours, James mc naughton back over the dall and humpy is to help wee Micky.  All well respected with in there own clubs.

Dunloy not short on leaders, Humpy as you say well respected and I thought Ballycastle came up short in Championship (as they all did) but have room for improvement, I thought Sambo was going to have a go at the Dall? Coaching? I'd make my team watch their performances in championship (if recorded) for preseason, would certainly show up a lot of faults, and embarrass a few senior players at their clubs.

PJ going to stay after the All Ireland run? Hard going for him too in fairness