Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RefForFee

Feckin place is full of 'Jimmy Magee' wannabees.  Dream on  ::)  By the way, Ding was involved in 2003 and Neilly was a sub and did play.
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: RefForFee on December 02, 2013, 11:18:39 PM
Feckin place is full of 'Jimmy Magee' wannabees.  Dream on  ::)  By the way, Ding was involved in 2003 and Neilly was a sub and did play.
you got the last bit correct Jimmy.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

RefForFee

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 02, 2013, 11:21:35 PM
Quote from: RefForFee on December 02, 2013, 11:18:39 PM
you got the last bit correct Jimmy.  ;)
Correct on both counts SE, trust  me, I know what I am talking about  ;)
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 02, 2013, 09:22:15 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 02, 2013, 09:20:51 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 02, 2013, 09:18:13 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 02, 2013, 08:46:00 PM
None of them have been in ten in a row,  we got beat in 6 county finals in a row lost a semi. Then won 4 in a row.  Good few of them have been involved in all of the above.
Neilly, DD, Winker, Barney, Scully, Johnny, off the top of my head. There might be more.

Was Neilly McGarry involved in 2003?
He came on as a sub I think.

Hmmmm I wonder who used that post, anyways google is a great way of getting information.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2013, 11:29:36 PM
None of them have been in ten in a row,  we got beat in 6 county finals in a row lost a semi. Then won 4 in a row.  Good few of them have been involved in all of the above.
Neilly, DD, Winker, Barney, Scully, Johnny, off the top of my head. There might be more.

Hmmmm I wonder who used that post, anyways google is a great way of getting information.....
stick the link up mr2.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

RefForFee

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 02, 2013, 11:39:07 PM

stick the link up mr2.
a deftly silence SE, a deftly silence, I wonder  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 02, 2013, 11:39:07 PM

stick the link up mr2.

Just for you SIE, It's a good read ;)

Close call for Dunloy in SHC decider
06 October 2003

Reigning hurling champions Dunloy had to battle to the final whistle to overcome a talented Loughgiel side in what turned out to be a thrilling Antrim SHC Final at Casement Park, Belfast on Sunday 5th October - final score 1-16 to 2-12.

The all-important score came at the end of the match when county star Greg O'Kane converted a free which gave his side their fourth title in a row and their eighth title success in a decade.

And this final proved a great advertisement for the game in the Saffron county. The hurling was fast and furious with some excellent individual performers on both sides. While the Dunloy took the honours on this occasion, it must be recognised that the Loughgiel side came away from this final with a lot of pride and on this display they will be in contention for senior hurling honours in the years ahead.

The match turned into something of a scoring battle between two talented county players in Gregory O'Kane for Dunloy and Liam Watson for Loughgiel. O'Kane finished with a personal tally of 0-10 (six frees) while Watson contributed 1-8 (1-5 from frees). While Watson may have won this personal scoring battle, it was O'Kane and his team-mates that came away with the honours.

The real winner on this occasion was Antrim hurling, and some of the skills displayed by both teams was of the highest order, which must give senior county team boss, Dinny Cahill great encouragement for the future.

Scorers for Dunloy were - Greg O'Kane 0-10 (6 frees), Liam Richmond 0-2, A. Elliott 1-1, Gary O'Kane, M. Curry, Paddy Richmond 0-1 each.
Loughgiel scorers were - Liam Watson 1-8 (1-5 frees), B. McGarry 0-4, S. McGarry 1-0.

Dunloy - G. McGee; D. McMullan, S. Mullan, F. McMullan; P. McMullan, Gary O'Kane, M. Molloy; C. Cunning, C. McGuckian; M. McClements, Greg O'Kane, Liam Richmond; M. Curry, A. Elliott, Paddy Richmond. Subs - N. Elliott for P. McMullan; D. Quinn for L. Richmond; P. Martin for F. McMullan.

Loughgiel - D. D. Quinn; C. Casey, B. McAuley, J. Quinn; S. P. McKillop, E. McCloskey, J. Campbell; M. Scullion, B. Dillon; S. McGarry, C. McCloskey, A. McCloskey; B. McGarry, Liam Watson, C. Connolly. Subs - N. McGarry for E. McCloskey; S. McMullan for A. McCloskey.

Referee: E. McHugh from Ballycastle.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

a deftly silence SE, a deftly silence, I wonder  ......................

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2013, 10:04:31 AM
a deftly silence SE, a deftly silence, I wonder  ......................

:o ;D

Sleeping giant

Lol ;D  very good. Right on one account.  Wrong on another.  Wonder was ding available. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 03, 2013, 10:50:11 AM
Lol ;D  very good. Right on one account.  Wrong on another.  Wonder was ding available.

Ding was suspended.  Him and Roadstone got sent off against Ballycastle (I think).  Roadstone's red card was reversed however Dings was not.

Sleeping giant

Ballycastle had beat us in glenravel and dunloy the both years previously.   did we play them in glenravel this year or where?   honestly heads lost it. Lol.  That the year we went to a replay against rossa in semi final.  Scully was out of this world against big jim 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 03, 2013, 11:08:41 AM
Ballycastle had beat us in glenravel and dunloy the both years previously.   did we play them in glenravel this year or where?   honestly heads lost it. Lol.  That the year we went to a replay against rossa in semi final.  Scully was out of this world against big jim

I think it was Dunloy.  I think Roadstone was sent off for what looked like a double pull (he actually pulled on the ball hence why his red card was reversed) if I remember right.

Could be totally wrong though, so many matches so many years, they all just merge into one.

Milltown Row2

It's the ones you lose that you remember so much. Well I remember the main one well but I often remeber the pain of losing so it sticks with you longer

johnneycool

Quote from: north aontroim gael on December 03, 2013, 11:29:33 AM

I think it was Dunloy.  I think Roadstone was sent off for what looked like a double pull (he actually pulled on the ball hence why his red card was reversed) if I remember right.

Could be totally wrong though, so many matches so many years, they all just merge into one.

That roadstone was a hallion, I hope he's not teaching those U-12's his skulduggery?

;) its a joke