Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Colla

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2013, 04:28:21 PM
Big shock in Leinster today. Mlr were the bigger, stronger team and wanted it more. What odds Parnell in February?

Certainly unexpected outcome. MLR did not score from play in the first half. ATB on the other hand won everything in the first half and failed to take advantage on the scoreboard. MLR were in fact made to look better than they are, by the rank incompetence of ATB. It was when MLR realised there was no committed opposition in the second half, that their confidence rose, while ATB confidence collapsed. If MLR are going to beat Loughgiel they will have to show a better return from their forwards throughout the entire game. I expect Loughgiel to be a lot grittier than ATB.

RefForFee

08 to 0-11 fro MLR.  :o ;  Those Loughgiel lads would be capable of scoring that in one half of a match.  Watson capable of scoring that tally on his own.  The Shamrocks have nothing to fear with the exception of complacency  ;)  Should be an interesting duel come February '14.

No doubt, not too many McCooeys would relish another Loughgiel major success.  So parochial and envious to be honest >:(
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

acton1

Would have Loughgiel slight favourites for semi but genuinely think winner of LG and MLR will go on to win AI final.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: RefForFee on December 01, 2013, 07:04:18 PM
08 to 0-11 fro MLR.  :o ;  Those Loughgiel lads would be capable of scoring that in one half of a match.  Watson capable of scoring that tally on his own.  The Shamrocks have nothing to fear with the exception of complacency  ;)  Should be an interesting duel come February '14.

No doubt, not too many McCooeys would relish another Loughgiel major success.  So parochial and envious to be honest >:(
Apparently its on 8/2/14.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

I can tell you that nearly all mc cooeys have no problem supporting the shamrocks!
Maybe because there's nobody in the city who can consider them rivals but they'll be supported nonetheless.
The jealousy would maybe be from the clubs closer to home!
Strange comment.

Are we to have a few months shamrock slapping until February like the last years then?
Hopefully not.

Last Man

Quote from: acton1 on December 01, 2013, 07:20:06 PM
Would have Loughgiel slight favourites for semi but genuinely think winner of LG and MLR will go on to win AI final.
MLR are far from a slick outfit but make up for it in graft, LG definite favourites for me in February as the better hurling team and carrying a lot more resolve than OTB today.

RefForFee

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 01, 2013, 09:14:52 PM

I can tell you that nearly all mc cooeys have no problem supporting the shamrocks!
Maybe because there's nobody in the city who can consider them rivals but they'll be supported nonetheless.
The jealousy would maybe be from the clubs closer to home!
Strange comment.

Are we to have a few months shamrock slapping until February like the last years then?
Hopefully not.
Certainly entitled to your opinion compadre, but envy is a terrible thing, particularly in the big smoke.  I would also concur about the Shamrock slapping, sure they will be queuing up to slate and begrudge them.  Comes with the territory ;)  I would certainly like to think all clubs in the county would relish another Loughgiel success, but I am a realist however  ::)  Time will tell of course.
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

btdtgtt

I genuinely have no idea where you are getting this from?

None of the clubs in the city are at a level to be considered rivals of Loughgiel - so they have little to be jealous of. This makes it very easy for them to support the Shamrocks - and thats the only thing I've had any experience of in the past few years.

On the other hand, its understandable the bigger North Antrim clubs will have some resentment and we've seen that on this board. If there's any Shamrock-slapping it'll come from there although I think most of the posters here (and in clubs) acknowledge that Loughgiel are our best side by some distance.

I've really no idea what point you are trying to make - and why you think city-folk would be bitter towards Loughiel.
Its just not true.
Unless you are trying to stir something up and we're back to a few moths of the "WUM" word again - Zzzzzzz.

glens abu

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 02, 2013, 09:57:53 AM

None of the clubs in the city are at a level to be considered rivals of Loughgiel - so they have little to be jealous of. This makes it very easy for them to support the Shamrocks - and thats the only thing I've had any experience of in the past few years.

On the other hand, its understandable the bigger North Antrim clubs will have some resentment and we've seen that on this board. If there's any Shamrock-slapping it'll come from there although I think most of the posters here (and in clubs) acknowledge that Loughgiel are our best side by some distance.

I've really no idea what point you are trying to make - and why you think city-folk would be bitter towards Loughiel.
Its just not true.
Unless you are trying to stir something up and we're back to a few moths of the "WUM" word again - Zzzzzzz.

He is a dickhead so pay no attention to what he writes.Most wish the Shamrocks well and hope they do our county proud once again.

RefForFee

Its just not true.
Ah come on man, do you really subscribe to the fact that the Loughgiel-slapping only resonates from North Antrim club, lets get real here, this is Antrim we are talking about.  Despite south Antrim hurling currently residing in the gutter, do you believe for one second, there will droves of McCooeys travelling to Parnell and possibly Croke to cheer on the Shamrocks?  Be perfectly honest here, will you be there, will many of your fellow club members be there, (assuming you are not a Shams man of course)??  Cant see it to be honest  :(

imtommygunn

Quote from: RefForFee on December 02, 2013, 12:32:36 PM

Its just not true.
Ah come on man, do you really subscribe to the fact that the Loughgiel-slapping only resonates from North Antrim club, lets get real here, this is Antrim we are talking about.  Despite south Antrim hurling currently residing in the gutter, do you believe for one second, there will droves of McCooeys travelling to Parnell and possibly Croke to cheer on the Shamrocks?  Be perfectly honest here, will you be there, will many of your fellow club members be there, (assuming you are not a Shams man of course)??  Cant see it to be honest  :(

There wouldn't be droves of McCooeys if they were in the semis...

Dunno what you're talking about either. Are you from Loughgiel and feeling unloved? Most of the county will be behind Loughgiel. Not all will be but that would be the same in any county.

btdtgtt

Spot on TommyGun!

No there will not be droves of McCooeys travelling to support - some will, and there will be plenty more supporting from an armchair.

The point is - there will be virtually none who will be shamrock-slapping or hoping they are beaten.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 02, 2013, 01:24:11 PM
Spot on!

No there will not be droves of McCooeys travelling to support - some will, and there will be plenty more supporting from an armchair.

The point is - there will be virtually none who will be shamrock-slapping or hoping they are beaten.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

To save anyone else the bother of scrolling across to see if MRs still sleeping....he is
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

Lol   usual on here.  The odd ejit appearing with a big wooden spoon.    how does everyone see other semi going?   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.