Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO

Antrim minors were defeated  by Kilkenny  this afternoon  in the  minor quarter final 2.31 to 0.6.

Square Ball

Quote from: KIDDO on July 28, 2007, 01:33:31 PM
Antrim minors were defeated  by Kilkenny  this afternoon  in the  minor quarter final 2.31 to 0.6.

thats a heavy defeat in anyone's language
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

orangeman

Who did Dublin beat in the Leinster minor final ? Was it Kilkenny > If so, Dublin must have some side ?

slow corner back

Quote from: orangeman on July 28, 2007, 05:43:59 PM
Who did Dublin beat in the Leinster minor final ? Was it Kilkenny > If so, Dublin must have some side ?

Or this was a poor Antrim minor team? The vibes all year from the minors have not been good, poor turnouits etc. You do not beat the Cats with 10 or 11 guys turning up for training. Add in the fact that 8 or 9 of the team played either senior hurling club championship or minor club football championship midweek it tells its own tale

theskull1

Quote from: slow corner back on July 28, 2007, 09:29:34 PM
Or this was a poor Antrim minor team? The vibes all year from the minors have not been good, poor turnouits etc. You do not beat the Cats with 10 or 11 guys turning up for training. Add in the fact that 8 or 9 of the team played either senior hurling club championship or minor club football championship midweek it tells its own tale

Your almost implying that the senior club championship match should have been postponed for this match scb? Have we not held club hurling back long enough in this county by focusing too much on the County teams (17 years to be precise) do you not think? I think in the long run the current approach being taken by the fixtures committee will prove a great success and long may it continue. Club hurling needs to be the focus for a lot of years if the standard of the game is to improve in this part of the world.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

I heard that the young loughgiel lad laverty only got a 1 month suspension for what was IMO the dirtiest and most dangerous pull I've witnessed in about 20 years. He could have killed someone with that blow (I hope he has realized this now) but he only gets a month yet you tell a linesman/referee/umpire where to go and you get 3-6 months  ???. Unbelievable  ???

maxpower

i heard that last night as well, shocking decision.  as you say skull swear at the wrong ref and your out for 3 months, nearly take the head of a mans shoulder and you don't even miss a meaningful match.

What annoyed me most about that tackle/assault is that it appeared to hae been 'instructed' by the manager
What happens next????

Balboa

Skull were you at the game yesterday? It was tight enough in the 1st half but Glenariffe really needed to have a decent lead with that breeze at halftime. We struggled for scores in 2nd half and Dunloy cut loose to run out comfortable enough winners, i know youse have players to come back but on the evidence of yesterday youse would need a big improvement to win the championship. I think Liam Donnelly has maybe taken the mantle from Eugene Mc Hugh as the worst ref in the county.

aontroim

Quote from: Balboa on July 30, 2007, 11:10:47 AM
I think Liam Donnelly has maybe taken the mantle from Eugene Mc Hugh as the worst ref in the county.

How has this man been let loose to officiate a SHC game? He is not even up to the standard of worst ref in the county - absolutely diabolical ref any time i've seen him in charge at any level.

North Antrim

Ok lads it has taken me a while to build up the courage after last weeks shambolic performance against the dall! We were so gutless, heartless that i was embarrassed to call myself a mcquillan....how humpy and dessie etc must be sick watching some of them lads.......granted we have some very young and some very old players, we are nowhere near the standard. Very few showed what is needed at this level. However after 3 days of getting my head around this, all is not lost. We play Rossa on thursday in U-21 semi final, and this is the most imprtant game in our clubs for about 15 years....why?? cos if we want to compete at senior level we need to win at this level first......If we get beat on thursday our SEASON is OVER!!!

took in Matches at Croke Park on Saturday...and yes Antrim were so poor!!! Its been a bad week for me :-X Only darren hamill, and young mcallister showed anything. Hippy was took to the cleaners in balls played into space......

What about Dunloy - decent win yesterday. Loughguile beat portaferry well away in league too.....when do they play c'ship?

johnneycool

Quote from: North Antrim on July 30, 2007, 11:30:53 AM

What about Dunloy - decent win yesterday. Loughguile beat portaferry well away in league too.....when do they play c'ship?

Any score from the Ports/loughguile game?

North Antrim

Irish news today Portaferry 0-10 v 0-19 Loughguile

theskull1

I was Rocky. We are still not championship material yet I totally agree. But our effort and endeavour is encouraging. If our younger players can realise they have what it takes then performances should improve. We have some very talented young players who are keen as mustard but just need to get into the groove of hurling in senior championship. There is every chance we will learn and improve. Sadly there is no sign of Glenariff learning (ref my post back at the end of April below). Are Glenariff people so blinkered that they do not see this. All your talented players are more interested in niggling, slapping and slabbering rather than hurling the ball. Youse will get nowhere until you realise dirty hurling is not hard hurling. 

Quote from: theskull1 on April 30, 2007, 10:02:58 AM
Played glenariff yesterday in Dunloy 3-20 to 2-9. Won easy enough in the end but made it more difficult for ourselves than it should have been, but in fairness Johnny Tosh is a great target man and he kept the game alive for them. Would love to know what the Glenariff players & mentors think their tactics are going to get them this year? Some brutal challenges made yesterday by them all over the field. Always on the lookout for the dirty slap instead of the ball. Could any glenariff contributors on here (not sure if I know of any :-\) defend how youse went about it yesterday?

johnneycool

Quote from: North Antrim on July 30, 2007, 11:37:06 AM
Irish news today Portaferry 0-10 v 0-19 Loughguile

The Ports struggled for scores against us as well, but with BA Convery back in training he'll give them a much needed physical presence and aerial ability..

Guillem2

Lay off the personnal abuse of refs lads. There's no need to name them. Especially if you're not prepared to put your real name to your comments.

When does your mob play Portaferry in the Down Championship Johnnycool?

u21 hurling semi finals this week. Not expecting too much from Rossa lads. What about the North Antrim affair?

Rossa v Ballycastle  Casement Park 02/08/2007 19:30
Dunloy v Loughgiel  Dunloy 02/08/2007 19:30
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.