Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Minder any confirmation on who is to be relegated yourselves or portaferry?

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 30, 2013, 07:53:28 PM

I am certain it will be us, they have a better scoring difference and better head to head with us.

btdtgtt

Just noting that for whatever reason the count website has u above them.

Hopefully st galls in div1 will allow them to kick on with hurling in the club - I know I said the same for Rossa but it just exposed them!
All will depend on how the galls manage the dual factor - their footballers are obviously more influential than Rossa.
As for sarsfields I really fear they will take done heavy beatings and can't see them winning a game.
I know some posters have spoke of "targeting games" but I think when a team takes consistent defeats it can be hard to raise confidence for those games.

As for loughgiel of looks like Oulart ballyboden or Clara unless of the Offaly sides surprise again. A nice position to be in just sitting and waiting eh!

Loughgiel: D Quinn, P Gillan, N McGarry, B McAuley (0-2, 1f), M McFadden, Johnny Campbell, M Scullion, D Laverty, L McKillop, E McCloskey (0-2), James Campbell, A McCloskey, B McGarry (0-01), J Scullion (0-01), L Watson (0-03, 2f).

I looked this up from the o'laughlin Gaels reference - how much will have changed for this years semi?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 30, 2013, 08:05:39 PM
Just noting that for whatever reason the count website has u above them.

Hopefully st galls in div1 will allow them to kick on with hurling in the club - I know I said the same for Rossa but it just exposed them!
All will depend on how the galls manage the dual factor - their footballers are obviously more influential than Rossa.
As for sarsfields I really fear they will take done heavy beatings and can't see them winning a game.
I know some posters have spoke of "targeting games" but I think when a team takes consistent defeats it can be hard to raise confidence for those games.

As for loughgiel of looks like Oulart ballyboden or Clara unless of the Offaly sides surprise again. A nice position to be in just sitting and waiting eh!

Loughgiel: D Quinn, P Gillan, N McGarry, B McAuley (0-2, 1f), M McFadden, Johnny Campbell, M Scullion, D Laverty, L McKillop, E McCloskey (0-2), James Campbell, A McCloskey, B McGarry (0-01), J Scullion (0-01), L Watson (0-03, 2f).

I looked this up from the o'laughlin Gaels reference - how much will have changed for this years semi?

I'd say if Loughgiel were playing the Gaels now they'd beat them handy, thought they were poor enough on the day and that was shown up come the final when they were hammered.

Ballyboden still in competition I believe, another fairly decent team, Kearney a massive player for them. Think Clara will enjoy that win maybe too much for their next game to count.

Munster teams haven't performed well lately and nothing has encouraged me to think any different, Portumna straight into semis after win over their best friends in Loughrea! Sarsfields are decent enough and have tried a few times to raise the Cork banner.

I'd say Loughgiel, Portumna by virtue of being in the semis now would fancy their chances of getting to the final, Portumna not the force they were but have beaten the All Ireland club winners after a replay so ain't no slouches. Those waiting to get in I'd say Ballyboden, OLB fancy themselves, and Na Piarsaigh who have experience along with Sarsfields would be the others who I fancy to get to semi
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on October 30, 2013, 07:58:23 PM

I am certain it will be us, they have a better scoring difference and better head to head with us.

the ports lads i was talking to on Sunday were saying its a play off.

btdtgtt

Venue for a play-off would be an interesting debate!

aontroim

Oisin are relegated on head-to-head as Portaferry came off better in their win in the first meeting.

btdtgtt

Hardly much point asking the admin on county website!

Balderdash
Ask your club secretary

Or some other friendly helpful enlightenment to a simple query.

saffron89

Any news as to why o Connell and not dd sie. Is there a changing of the guard

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on October 30, 2013, 09:24:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 30, 2013, 07:58:23 PM

the ports lads i was talking to on Sunday were saying its a play off.

Probably on Christmas Day.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: saffron89 on October 31, 2013, 09:07:37 AM
Any news as to why o Connell and not dd sie. Is there a changing of the guard

Chrissy got a well deserved opportunity to play. He has been deputy for 6-7 years now and it was his first championship start.  He's the County keeper and would be a regular for 90% of club teams in Ireland.

No changing of the guard yet though, DD will be in nets come February.  You never know when your sub keeper will be needed so no harm in blooding him in a big game.

theskull1

Fantastic commitment to the cause. Must be frustrating at times. Odhran McFadden has spent the same time plugging away and is only starting to bed into the starting 15 . Both lads are a credit to their club for their dedication
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

jftj

Quote from: theskull1 on October 31, 2013, 12:04:21 PM
Fantastic commitment to the cause. Must be frustrating at times. Odhran McFadden has spent the same time plugging away and is only starting to bed into the starting 15 . Both lads are a credit to their club for their dedication
Agreed,in an age where so many young lads throw the toys out of the pram when not selected it is refreshing to see such dedication to the cause and this is probably one of the main ingredients of their success.