Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Jimmy seems to have mastered the art of saying nothing assisted by sidebottom not delving too deep.
Shane Elliott was probably being Antrim centric but theres a valid question to be answered by jimmy and the ulster council, is there a joined up strategy for the development of hurling and if there is share it with us please?

Jeepers Creepers

Was actually surprised that this was a studio feature on the news. The coaching stats that Dublin have 50 paid coaches compared to Belfast 2. Did he say that it's down to the 2 counties to agree a date?

johnneycool

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 29, 2013, 08:19:33 PM
Was actually surprised that this was a studio feature on the news. The coaching stats that Dublin have 50 paid coaches compared to Belfast 2. Did he say that it's down to the 2 counties to agree a date?

yes he did. Donegal and monaghan must have got together to agree their date in the summer
. The dublin comparison is a red herring imo. How many clubs in belfast could part fund the salary of a full time coach?

Gizzy15

Quote from: johnneycool on October 29, 2013, 08:40:22 PM

yes he did. Donegal and monaghan must have got together to agree their date in the summer
. The dublin comparison is a red herring imo. How many clubs in belfast could part fund the salary of a full time coach?

The whole thing is a joke, not even lip service being paid to ulster hurling anymore by the ulster council. New article in hogan stand shows that they have set up a task force to help revive the McKenna cup after queens had pulled out last year. The importance paid to this pre season tournament over a provincial championship is utter contempt. What next task force to help rid ulster of hurling. I actually think I can smell the ash burning in Armagh right now.

Jeepers Creepers

I know money talks and theres very little about at club scene. Also noticed the dig at the Magean being played at a ground with no seats for ' students to watch the game.

Gizzy15

Better off with a game of rock, paper, scissors between the two captains. Save the UC all the effort.

btdtgtt

All spot on points lads.

Depressing stuff - ulster council happy for hurling to whither as die - unless it involves promoting the game in USA!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Gizzy15 on October 29, 2013, 09:29:33 PM

Better off with a game of rock, paper, scissors between the two captains. Save the UC all the effort.

takes too much thinking that! one game of pitch and toss and thats it!
hurl like f**k boi!

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 28, 2013, 02:03:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2013, 04:11:47 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 27, 2013, 12:40:36 AM
Nothing to sway me from my original tip of Seamroga in Senior and Cuchullain in Intermediate.

You know your hurling  ::)  Anymore top top ideas  ;D
Being right half the time is better than never  ;)

Cuchullains have a nasty streak in them so not sorry to see them beaten.

Sorry can you enlighten us on that remark please? For years now I've come away from our games wishing we had some nasty maggots like our opponents, would just like to know how you come to such a conclusion.

Lecale2

QuoteCuchullains have a nasty streak in them so not sorry to see them beaten.

No truth in that remark from what i saw this year.

The worst you could say is that too many of them like to chat back to the ref.

CitySlicker11

Is it the leinster champions for Loughgiel this year?

btdtgtt

Yes.
St Thomas (Connacht) last year
Na piarsaigh (Munster) before that

Anyone remember who it was for the shamrocks first title?

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 30, 2013, 07:13:48 PM
Yes.
St Thomas (Connacht) last year
Na piarsaigh (Munster) before that

Anyone remember who it was for the shamrocks first title?

Moycarkey Borris of Tipp in semi and St Rynaghs in the final
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Thanks minder.

I meant who beat them in the semi when they won their first of four in a row?

CitySlicker11

Na Piarsaigh seemed to have a great comeback win against the Tipp champions, could be there or thereabouts come the end of the year if they get out of Munster.