Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auld stock

SIE hows the gout coming along?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: auld stock on October 27, 2013, 06:05:14 PM
SIE hows the gout coming along?
Ive never had gout auld stock. By the looks of it, I don't want it either. Good to see our cushendall posters reappear.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

auld stock

we never went away you know!!!  what was final score today?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: auld stock on October 27, 2013, 06:42:23 PM
we never went away you know!!!  what was final score today?
3-14 to 1-15
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

auld stock

big score racked up again. have to say if there is a better drilled club team in Ireland, they must be some outfit. will watch from afar with envy the all Ireland assault.

Glensman

Fair play to the three Antrim teams. Only one I would quibble with a little is Creggan. They should not have been playing junior championship but they sealed the deal in Ulster so fair play on that front.

Loughgiel really do have an inner belief these days and do not panic.

Why was DD not playing?

A friend said PJ was on twitter last night and the tweets would have suggested he quit. Clearly taken wrongly?!
Same punter tells me Mr Watson on twitter taking umbrage with something Chrissy McKaigue said to him.

Lecale2

Why should Creggan not be playing Junior?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Glensman on October 27, 2013, 10:42:48 PM
Fair play to the three Antrim teams. Only one I would quibble with a little is Creggan. They should not have been playing junior championship but they sealed the deal in Ulster so fair play on that front.

Loughgiel really do have an inner belief these days and do not panic.

Why was DD not playing?

A friend said PJ was on twitter last night and the tweets would have suggested he quit. Clearly taken wrongly?!
Same punter tells me Mr Watson on twitter taking umbrage with something Chrissy McKaigue said to him.

two of them were having a right go at each other about comments to each other on the pitch until some journalist told them to catch a grip as the entire world was retweeting everything they were posting.

much ado about nothing.

didnt get to the games yday, pity as i wanted to see the both of them. went up to Derry the week before to watch the ballinderry match and i couldnt be arsed with that drive again.

when i seen the halftime score and knowing lgiel had thge wind in the second half i knew they would prob pull away at the end up. fair play to them, winning that 4 in a row wasnt easy the time we did it and lgiel deserve the plaudits for doing so as well.
hurl like f**k boi!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 28, 2013, 07:22:47 AM

Yes i was wondering why that is being said also, they played junior this year and scrapped through in most games in Ulster so they seemed to be in the right grade.

Fair play to them and hard luck to Craobh Rua who seem to be making progress. Junior is funny because teams can be strong one year and weak the next if they loose 2-3 players and the secret to progression in an increase in numbers.

The jump from one grade to the next is massive.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2013, 04:11:47 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 27, 2013, 12:40:36 AM
Nothing to sway me from my original tip of Seamroga in Senior and Cuchullain in Intermediate.

You know your hurling  ::)  Anymore top top ideas  ;D
Being right half the time is better than never  ;)

Cuchullains have a nasty streak in them so not sorry to see them beaten.

Glensman

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 28, 2013, 08:57:15 AM

Yes i was wondering why that is being said also, they played junior this year and scrapped through in most games in Ulster so they seemed to be in the right grade.

Fair play to them and hard luck to Craobh Rua who seem to be making progress. Junior is funny because teams can be strong one year and weak the next if they loose 2-3 players and the secret to progression in an increase in numbers.

They won junior two years ago (open to correction there re exact year).
Last year they played in the intermediate championship and beat Sarsfields, who were many people's favourites for the whole thing over the last few years. Then I think they were beat quite narrowly by Cloghmills who went on to win the intermediate.
They they dropped back down again.
It's just personal opinion that a team who goes up and is of a level (which they have proved they are) they should stay there for at least two years. Is it not in their own interest to challenge themselves?

The jump to senior is the biggest in my mind. A number of junior teams on their day could beat a number of the intermediate teams.

All this said I'll still be supporting them when they get to the semi final stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on October 28, 2013, 05:26:05 PM

Last year they played in the intermediate championship and beat Sarsfields, who were many people's favourites for the whole thing over the last few years. Then I think they were beat quite narrowly by Cloghmills who went on to win the intermediate.
It's just personal opinion that a team who goes up and is of a level (which they have proved they are) they should stay there for at least two years. Is it not in their own interest to challenge themselves?

The jump to senior is the biggest in my mind. A number of junior teams on their day could beat a number of the intermediate teams.

All this said I'll still be supporting them when they get to the semi final stage.

Cushendun I'd say were favourites for the final, St Tersea's and Cushendun romped through the league 11 points behind the second place team. That was a big shock when they beat Sarsfields in fairness I refereed them this year and they had decent players but still a Junior team in my mind but maybe that's the standard.

I'd say all the teams in div 4/3 should be Junior Div 2 Intermediate and Div 1 play Senior. Though Div 4 should be a Junior B championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

i might have missed it in previous pages but was wondering

how come DD never started the final, was he injured ? or is it just coming the time where his form has dipped and O Connell showing well in training ready to take over

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2013, 07:53:54 PM
Quote from: Glensman on October 28, 2013, 05:26:05 PM

Cushendun I'd say were favourites for the final, St Tersea's and Cushendun romped through the league 11 points behind the second place team. That was a big shock when they beat Sarsfields in fairness I refereed them this year and they had decent players but still a Junior team in my mind but maybe that's the standard.

I'd say all the teams in div 4/3 should be Junior Div 2 Intermediate and Div 1 play Senior. Though Div 4 should be a Junior B championship
Agreed, having seen both I'd have had the house on C'dun but they decided to go with too many of the old guard on the day which was their undoing. Some smashin young fellas on that team.

Tony Baloney

Ulster getting a wee touch on BBC this evening for holding the 2013 SHC final next year.