Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 20, 2013, 06:45:12 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on October 20, 2013, 05:26:01 PM
SIE how was the early game yesterday, jonnies drew with you? Didn't know it was on, any report? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I'm not a reporter.  ;)

Only sing when you're winning only sing when you're winning!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 18, 2013, 11:51:30 PM
Judge for yourself:

http://gaeliclife.com/2013/10/loughgiel-boss-disgusted-by-treatment-of-player/

LOUGHGIEL manager PJ O'Mullan has said that he was, "Disgusted," by the actions that led to Joey Scullion's injury in a league match against Portaferry last weekend. The Shamrocks player faces 10 weeks on the sidelines after breaking his hand in their game and will be missing for this weekend's Ulster semi-final against Ballygalget. "We got a bad injury last Sunday, Joey Scullion is out," said O'Mullan. "Joey broke his hand and we're actually pretty annoyed and disgusted by it to be honest. "We were down in Portaferry for a league game and with all due respect to Portaferry, they put no effort in to trying to play any hurling. They were continually playing the man and blocking the hand and pulling at the hand. "Joey plays with his right hand at the top of the stick and catches with his left, but got his right hand broken. "We're disgusted. I don't normally get cross, but I was very, very cross last Sunday." Portaferry, however, have said that any disciplinary issues would have been noted by the referee. "We are in middle of relegation battle and were certainly there to play hurling and try and win the points," the club told Gaelic Life. "Any decisions on matters relating to the play in the match are dealt with by the officiating referee, who I'm sure will have already submitted his report to Antrim County Board."

I'm sure you'd no doubt be pretty pissed off if you went up for a catch and got the hand on the hurl broke which more often than not is 3 feet away from the ball if you're trying to protect your catching hand.

PJ's article was more geared towards Portaferrys attitude than any dig at the referee IMO. I think some of the posters on here had bigger digs at the referee.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2013, 11:04:52 PM

So was it the referees fault or the player that did it? Going to the press (or saying to the press) is wrong and any dick can find out who the referee is via the website.

Should the referee who refereed Antrim V Down in the Ulster final be in the same bracket when Watson broke Wilson's knee? How nothing was done about that when it was so blatant is beyond me. Again from my angle it was easy to spot, the referee maybe just didn't see it that way :o

Things happen in games all the time every week, if the referee doesn't see it he's the worst in the world by the team who feels most aggrieved

I believe PJ reminded Simon of this incident when he was up managing Ballycran in the league this year, Nice.

Oh, the Ports won yesterday, same points as Glenariffe, is it head to heads or score difference?

Minder

Either way Portaferry trump us, better scoring difference and we both beat each other, but they beat us by more in their home match.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

I see we're down to play Rossa in November and a few other fixtures around this time, right to the 10th of November. Is there any benefit in this?

One more win will seal the league for Loughgeil and they've Rossa to play as well, why not play it first and forget about the rest?

btdtgtt

Minder - the county website has your lads ahead of Portaferry?

JC - That would seem the obvious order to play fixtures in - and asap.

Whats the story with Simon Wilson / Winker / PJ
Not gossiping it just news to me?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on October 21, 2013, 11:11:15 AM
I see we're down to play Rossa in November and a few other fixtures around this time, right to the 10th of November. Is there any benefit in this?

One more win will seal the league for Loughgeil and they've Rossa to play as well, why not play it first and forget about the rest?

These fixtures are in place and if clubs can agree on a date I'm sure the CCC will facilitate this, we played Gorts yesterday to secure the league. It's actually the first time we have won the league outright since 87!! We'd went up and down due to restructuring of the leagues over the years. Not to put a bad view on this league campaign but it was very poor in terms of standards.

We'd need to do pre season now if we are to have any chance of staying up next year, I thought Rossa would have done well this year with the players they have at their disposal but maybe the gap is getting bigger, top 4 teams far better than the middle teams who are 10 points better than the bottom teams!!

Thats me with a league medal for div 4,3, and 2 now!! worst medal haul ever!! Reserve league here I come
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RandyRogerCasement

What is the view on Cassidys bullying tactics to young players in the Magean semi-final against s.t Killians.
Would just like to make a mention for big Pat Slevin, the Tyrone man has brought Garron tower a new lease of life. If he had someone with more of a hurling brain they would have won. Fair play to CPC, keep it in Antrim. ;D

Last Man

Quote from: RandyRogerCasement on October 21, 2013, 11:38:03 AM
What is the view on Cassidys bullying tactics to young players in the Magean semi-final against s.t Killians.
Would just like to make a mention for big Pat Slevin, the Tyrone man has brought Garron tower a new lease of life. If he had someone with more of a hurling brain they would have won. Fair play to CPC, keep it in Antrim. ;D
Is that why St.Killians hit 16 wides?

Milltown Row2

Pat is doing great work and fair play to him, was in the States with him back in 93, he was working the boardwalk and playing football at the weekends has been teaching there ever since I think. Plenty of hurling brains down that direction I'm sure that could lend a hand.

Two football men looking after school hurling teams in the heartland of Antrim hurling!!

RandyRogerCasement

Quote from: Last Man on October 21, 2013, 11:41:03 AM
Is that why St.Killians hit 16 wides?
When a team is as physically prepared as an average garron tower team, there was no gameplan as such and many wides where from bad angles in which you would expect a team to create a better scoring opportunity.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2013, 11:53:10 AM

Pat is doing great work and fair play to him, was in the States with him back in 93, he was working the boardwalk and playing football at the weekends has been teaching there ever since I think. Plenty of hurling brains down that direction I'm sure that could lend a hand.

Two football men looking after school hurling teams in the heartland of Antrim hurling!!

He is only at St Killians/Garron Tower the last few years, was at St Aloysius in Cushendall until it closed. Michael McAllister from our club is along with Pat Slevin taking the teams, and he has as good a head on him as you would find. I think Roger Casement knows this and is having a thinly veiled dig.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on October 21, 2013, 01:01:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2013, 11:53:10 AM

He is only at St Killians/Garron Tower the last few years, was at St Aloysius in Cushendall until it closed. Michael McAllister from our club is along with Pat Slevin taking the teams, and he has as good a head on him as you would find. I think Roger Casement knows this and is having a thinly veiled dig.

I mean teaching in the Glens, I knew he was in Cushendall

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 07:14:24 PM
SIE how was the early game yesterday, jonnies drew with you? Didn't know it was on, any report? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I'm not a reporter.  ;)

Plus I wasn't at it.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 21, 2013, 02:53:41 PM
I'm not a reporter.  ;)

Plus I wasn't at it.  ;)

Championships only supporter?  ;)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2013, 03:05:27 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 21, 2013, 02:53:41 PM
I'm not a reporter.  ;)

Plus I wasn't at it.  ;)

Championships only supporter?  ;)
I'm a busy man, MR2. Double busy.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"