Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 18, 2013, 11:51:30 PM
Judge for yourself:

http://gaeliclife.com/2013/10/loughgiel-boss-disgusted-by-treatment-of-player/

LOUGHGIEL manager PJ O'Mullan has said that he was, "Disgusted," by the actions that led to Joey Scullion's injury in a league match against Portaferry last weekend. The Shamrocks player faces 10 weeks on the sidelines after breaking his hand in their game and will be missing for this weekend's Ulster semi-final against Ballygalget. "We got a bad injury last Sunday, Joey Scullion is out," said O'Mullan. "Joey broke his hand and we're actually pretty annoyed and disgusted by it to be honest. "We were down in Portaferry for a league game and with all due respect to Portaferry, they put no effort in to trying to play any hurling. They were continually playing the man and blocking the hand and pulling at the hand. "Joey plays with his right hand at the top of the stick and catches with his left, but got his right hand broken. "We're disgusted. I don't normally get cross, but I was very, very cross last Sunday." Portaferry, however, have said that any disciplinary issues would have been noted by the referee. "We are in middle of relegation battle and were certainly there to play hurling and try and win the points," the club told Gaelic Life. "Any decisions on matters relating to the play in the match are dealt with by the officiating referee, who I'm sure will have already submitted his report to Antrim County Board."

So if the manager isn't complaining about the referee why was it an issue on here?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2013, 11:54:53 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 18, 2013, 11:51:30 PM
Judge for yourself:

http://gaeliclife.com/2013/10/loughgiel-boss-disgusted-by-treatment-of-player/

LOUGHGIEL manager PJ O'Mullan has said that he was, "Disgusted," by the actions that led to Joey Scullion's injury in a league match against Portaferry last weekend. The Shamrocks player faces 10 weeks on the sidelines after breaking his hand in their game and will be missing for this weekend's Ulster semi-final against Ballygalget. "We got a bad injury last Sunday, Joey Scullion is out," said O'Mullan. "Joey broke his hand and we're actually pretty annoyed and disgusted by it to be honest. "We were down in Portaferry for a league game and with all due respect to Portaferry, they put no effort in to trying to play any hurling. They were continually playing the man and blocking the hand and pulling at the hand. "Joey plays with his right hand at the top of the stick and catches with his left, but got his right hand broken. "We're disgusted. I don't normally get cross, but I was very, very cross last Sunday." Portaferry, however, have said that any disciplinary issues would have been noted by the referee. "We are in middle of relegation battle and were certainly there to play hurling and try and win the points," the club told Gaelic Life. "Any decisions on matters relating to the play in the match are dealt with by the officiating referee, who I'm sure will have already submitted his report to Antrim County Board."

So if the manager isn't complaining about the referee why was it an issue on here?
People at the match, supporters, club members will post what they perceive to be fact on here. It isn't the same as a manager slating a referee in the press, which did not happen. That's my point. PJ did not slate the referee in the press as yourself and btdtgtt alluded to.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

I'm sure this is riveting stuff for the other posters on here.   :P

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 19, 2013, 12:07:33 AM

btdtgtt alluded to PJ and refereeing not me, I questioned that going to the press is wrong
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 19, 2013, 12:13:52 AM

btdtgtt alluded to PJ and refereeing not me, I questioned that going to the press is wrong
Why? who went to the press?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 19, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

Why? who went to the press?

I questioned btdtgtt's post he said he went to the press I said that going to the press was wrong!!!! circles. I didn't know either way as I didn't read the article I basically responded to his post

Seamroga in exile

btdtgtt

Sorry lads went for a pint.

I realise PJ didn't actually mention ref - altho it didn't take much to read between lines. Must have been in my head from reading here too.

Anyway - apologies I can see getting a but tedious so will leave it 

Time to hit the sack.
Have a good weekend.

Tony Baloney

Tout. You're too long out of W. Belfast.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 19, 2013, 08:38:49 AM

Mr2  and  btdtgtt, it did seem like a case of he said it first..

the waffler

Is pjs word gospel there was a clash for the ball and a guy got a belt it happens there was no intention he doesn't mention the stroke by one of his his own players across a fellas head blew out of all proportion

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on October 20, 2013, 04:54:39 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 19, 2013, 08:38:49 AM

Mr2  and  btdtgtt, it did seem like a case of he said it first..

btdtgtt brought it up!! I'm innocent I tell ya

btdtgtt

You touched it last mr2!
Now it's my ball and I'm away home!

ManInBlackandGreen

SIE how was the early game yesterday, jonnies drew with you? Didn't know it was on, any report? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on October 20, 2013, 05:26:01 PM
SIE how was the early game yesterday, jonnies drew with you? Didn't know it was on, any report? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I'm not a reporter.  ;)