Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2013, 09:29:40 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 18, 2013, 09:16:00 PM
I've been to as many games in North Antrim this year as a dedicated caravaner but I will tell the wife u were asking and if Shaws road was round the corner my diesel but might be less! But whatever - I don't need to explain what games I watch to a knob like u.
I will leave the personal stuff to your infant mentality MIBAG.

Mr2 - my point isn't about Hugh at all. I've always found him to be grand ref.
it's about perception.
Firstly I rarely see big PJ complain in the media so I'm guessing he let go a bit more that just a slap on joey scullion.
Secondly, even if that is the case, why did the refs committee and just appoint someone different when I've no doubt they could. When an issue hits media or gets attention - just be pragmatic.
If Rossa were to lose by a point and complain they suffered like loughgiel I'm sure glenarrife might not be too happy! Altho league standings will of course reflect the whole year not one game.

It's not a big issue - and I expect ports to win easy - I'm just saying why not change the ref when u can? Or is there a reason?

Well more importantly - anyone know much about these Tuesday meetings and workshops the county are having?
Will they have any effect on next year?
Or are they just talking shops?

This isn't the media, this is just a very small forum with about 30 poster from Antrim on it. Though if you believed the hype you'd think there where thousands on it. A lot of hearsay and posts are blown out of proportion by others.

The slap resulted in a broken thumb, intention was there, it happens, all heightened because Loughgiel are in the Ulster final without him, Id be raging to, we lost two of our main players the week before while playing in a sevens competition but we just got on with it. The big game will be in Feb

PJ had can article in the Gaelic life about the referring of the game.

And your players were through red cards which is not exactly the same thing as loughgiel with joey.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 18, 2013, 09:35:32 PM
I've been to as many games in North Antrim this year as a dedicated caravaner but I will tell the wife u were asking and if Shaws road was round the corner my diesel but might be less! But whatever - I don't need to explain what games I watch to a knob like u.

it's about perception.
Firstly I rarely see big PJ complain in the media so I'm guessing he let go a bit more that just a slap on joey scullion.
Secondly, even if that is the case, why did the refs committee and just appoint someone different when I've no doubt they could. When an issue hits media or gets attention - just be pragmatic.
If Rossa were to lose by a point and complain they suffered like loughgiel I'm sure glenarrife might not be too happy! Altho league standings will of course reflect the whole year not one game.

It's not a big issue - and I expect ports to win easy - I'm just saying why not change the ref when u can? Or is there a reason?

Well more importantly - anyone know much about these Tuesday meetings and workshops the county are having?

This isn't the media, this is just a very small forum with about 30 poster from Antrim on it. Though if you believed the hype you'd think there where thousands on it. A lot of hearsay and posts are blown out of proportion by others.

The slap resulted in a broken thumb, intention was there, it happens, all heightened because Loughgiel are in the Ulster final without him, Id be raging to, we lost two of our main players the week before while playing in a sevens competition but we just got on with it. The big game will be in Feb

And your players were through red cards which is not exactly the same thing as loughgiel with joey.

Still without them, big enough panel to work with like Loughgiel, as said no loss till Feb. Managers should not go to press and not give off about referees. They will not exactly make them the referees best mate.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2013, 09:42:37 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 18, 2013, 09:35:32 PM

it's about perception.

Still without them, big enough panel to work with like Loughgiel, as said no loss till Feb. Managers should not go to press and not give off about referees. They will not exactly make them the referees best mate.

Agreed.
But I think loughgiel's beef is more comaradarie with joey for an injury received in "a lesser game".
He'll be grand for February. 
And won't have to face ballyhale!

Seamroga in exile

Best to say nothing and let it all be swept under the carpet,  lest we upset the ref fraternity and their infallibility.  ;)

Btw, the referee wasn't mentioned by pj in the article.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 18, 2013, 10:41:58 PM
Best to say nothing and let it all be swept under the carpet,  lest we upset the ref fraternity and their infallibility.  ;)

There seems to be a notion that criticising refs is unsportsmanlike of for bad losers.

Loughgiel were within their rights to express the opinion that a lad has a broken hand and no work. Especially if it was a result of a team taking free ones at a top team. The fact loughgiel won the game makes their point less more evident.

I know we could all blame refs all the time - and I don't wish to sound like that - but sometimes the criticism is valid. And not blowing hot air.

My original point was just that on the back if this it may have been more expedient to appoint a different ref to portaferry the following week when this is easily done.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 18, 2013, 10:52:21 PM

There seems to be a notion that criticising refs is unsportsmanlike of for bad losers.

Loughgiel were within their rights to express the opinion that a lad has a broken hand and no work. Especially if it was a result of a team taking free ones at a top team. The fact loughgiel won the game makes their point less more evident.

I know we could all blame refs all the time - and I don't wish to sound like that - but sometimes the criticism is valid. And not blowing hot air.

My original point was just that on the back if this it may have been more expedient to appoint a different ref to portaferry the following week when this is easily done.
as I edited in to my last post, the referee wasn't mentioned in the Gaelic  life article.

Milltown Row2

So was it the referees fault or the player that did it? Going to the press (or saying to the press) is wrong and any dick can find out who the referee is via the website.

Should the referee who refereed Antrim V Down in the Ulster final be in the same bracket when Watson broke Wilson's knee? How nothing was done about that when it was so blatant is beyond me. Again from my angle it was easy to spot, the referee maybe just didn't see it that way :o

Things happen in games all the time every week, if the referee doesn't see it he's the worst in the world by the team who feels most aggrieved

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2013, 11:04:52 PM

So was it the referees fault or the player that did it? Going to the press (or saying to the press) is wrong and any dick can find out who the referee is via the website.

Should the referee who refereed Antrim V Down in the Ulster final be in the same bracket when Watson broke Wilson's knee? How nothing was done about that when it was so blatant is beyond me. Again from my angle it was easy to spot, the referee maybe just didn't see it that way :o

Things happen in games all the time every week, if the referee doesn't see it he's the worst in the world by the team who feels most aggrieved
The referee wasn't mentioned in the article by pj. But why let facts get in the way of a good rant .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 18, 2013, 11:11:19 PM

The referee wasn't mentioned in the article by pj.

As I said it doesn't take a dick to find out who the referee was, one click away

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2013, 11:13:16 PM

As I said it doesn't take a dick to find out who the referee was, one click away
nor was the refereeing.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 18, 2013, 11:16:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2013, 11:13:16 PM

nor was the refereeing.  ;)

I suppose when all else fails and the team loses, the referee is the easy target

Seamroga in exile

The only person who mentioned the referee, or refereeing, in that article was the portaferry source. Yes?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 18, 2013, 11:23:34 PM
The only person who mentioned the referee, or refereeing, in that article was the portaferry source. Yes?

SIE, again would it be difficult to work out from the article who the referee was? It's logged on the Antrim website

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2013, 11:29:19 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 18, 2013, 11:23:34 PM

SIE, again would it be difficult to work out from the article who the referee was? It's logged on the Antrim website
So what? That has got nothing to do with my point. The referee nor his actions, or lack of, were referred to in the article by PJ.

Seamroga in exile

Judge for yourself:

http://gaeliclife.com/2013/10/loughgiel-boss-disgusted-by-treatment-of-player/

LOUGHGIEL manager PJ O'Mullan has said that he was, "Disgusted," by the actions that led to Joey Scullion's injury in a league match against Portaferry last weekend. The Shamrocks player faces 10 weeks on the sidelines after breaking his hand in their game and will be missing for this weekend's Ulster semi-final against Ballygalget. "We got a bad injury last Sunday, Joey Scullion is out," said O'Mullan. "Joey broke his hand and we're actually pretty annoyed and disgusted by it to be honest. "We were down in Portaferry for a league game and with all due respect to Portaferry, they put no effort in to trying to play any hurling. They were continually playing the man and blocking the hand and pulling at the hand. "Joey plays with his right hand at the top of the stick and catches with his left, but got his right hand broken. "We're disgusted. I don't normally get cross, but I was very, very cross last Sunday." Portaferry, however, have said that any disciplinary issues would have been noted by the referee. "We are in middle of relegation battle and were certainly there to play hurling and try and win the points," the club told Gaelic Life. "Any decisions on matters relating to the play in the match are dealt with by the officiating referee, who I'm sure will have already submitted his report to Antrim County Board."