Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 16, 2013, 01:09:21 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 16, 2013, 12:12:53 PM
The open draw possibly is a good idea but there's no way Munster would forgo their final. It has to much history and tradition for them to scrap it.

As said before they have restructured the Leinster to suit ourselves and it's up to antrim to either push forward or bitch and moan that no one cares about us.

I would let tr ulster championship go ahead without Antrim and down. Derry hurling could do with an improvement and competing in it along with the rest of ulster and maybe London as well would be a good competition. Also make sure that all the minor and U21 compete at each grade. If the ulster council is serious about promoting the game then they need to do something instead of foaming at the mouth over football each season.

+1
They prolong the Ulster football championship by refusing to play two rounds in the same weekend - but cant fit a single date for the hurling final.
Says it all.
Forget about Ulster council and do our own thing - and again quit this crying for help by expecting everyone to change to suit us. We're irrelevant in the big picture until we sort it out ourselves.

But you can't go it alone, who interviewed (foregone conclusions) and approved the full time county secretaries?
Who'll not say one bad word about their pay masters?
Who funds and maintains all the full time coaches floating around the province?

We're fúcked whichever way we turn.

For every good idea that comes out in relation to hurling in Ulster is always watered down to suit footballing counties and squeezed in around it.

The likes of the Ulster Feiles are very good, but what then for U-16's, minors etc, etc?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Ref Ulster Final: Even though Derry arent in it the Derry Board will be rubbing their hands with delight, this is in line with their underlying vision for hurling ie pay lip service but  fecking hope it dies a death in the long run.
Derry Intermediate Final hasnt even been played yet, with no date on the horizon!!

aontroim abu

You only have to look at the homepage of the Ulster Council, across the banner at the top it shows 2 FIRST ROUND football fixtures, 1 senior 1 intermediate, with the times and venues, yet NOTHING about the hurling FINALS on this weekend. Shows exactly where their priorities lie

sheamy

Quote from: aontroim abu on October 16, 2013, 02:41:15 PM
You only have to look at the homepage of the Ulster Council, across the banner at the top it shows 2 FIRST ROUND football fixtures, 1 senior 1 intermediate, with the times and venues, yet NOTHING about the hurling FINALS on this weekend. Shows exactly where their priorities lie

Are the hurling finals not on the following weekend (27th)?

aontroim abu

Quote from: sheamy on October 16, 2013, 02:56:09 PM
Quote from: aontroim abu on October 16, 2013, 02:41:15 PM

Are the hurling finals not on the following weekend (27th)?

Doh!! But they're still f£ckers

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on October 16, 2013, 01:59:03 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 16, 2013, 01:09:21 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 16, 2013, 12:12:53 PM
The open draw possibly is a good idea but there's no way Munster would forgo their final. It has to much history and tradition for them to scrap it.

As said before they have restructured the Leinster to suit ourselves and it's up to antrim to either push forward or bitch and moan that no one cares about us.

I would let tr ulster championship go ahead without Antrim and down. Derry hurling could do with an improvement and competing in it along with the rest of ulster and maybe London as well would be a good competition. Also make sure that all the minor and U21 compete at each grade. If the ulster council is serious about promoting the game then they need to do something instead of foaming at the mouth over football each season.

+1
They prolong the Ulster football championship by refusing to play two rounds in the same weekend - but cant fit a single date for the hurling final.
Says it all.
Forget about Ulster council and do our own thing - and again quit this crying for help by expecting everyone to change to suit us. We're irrelevant in the big picture until we sort it out ourselves.

But you can't go it alone, who interviewed (foregone conclusions) and approved the full time county secretaries?
Who'll not say one bad word about their pay masters?
Who funds and maintains all the full time coaches floating around the province?

We're fúcked whichever way we turn.

For every good idea that comes out in relation to hurling in Ulster is always watered down to suit footballing counties and squeezed in around it.

The likes of the Ulster Feiles are very good, but what then for U-16's, minors etc, etc?

When I say "on our own" I mean we gotta sort things out within our county to become more competitive - not that we "go it alone"

Your other points on the salaried officials are so true - it's just a wee boys club taking a few quid and accountable to nobody. Their initials appointments were dubious at best and the term value for money is a long way off.

btdtgtt

A visit to the Rossa hurley maker was fun yesterday!

SiE - I notice the ref that the Shamrocks were not happy with in Portaferry had the issue addressed?
He's been appointed to take them again 2 weeks running as they look for points to stay up!

Also - the lad who was pictured in the CAP pulling a hurl at the guys head?
He played against Rossa the following week!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 18, 2013, 09:25:26 AM
A visit to the Rossa hurley maker was fun yesterday!

SiE - I notice the ref that the Shamrocks were not happy with in Portaferry had the issue addressed?
He's been appointed to take them again 2 weeks running as they look for points to stay up!

Also - the lad who was pictured in the CAP pulling a hurl at the guys head?
He played against Rossa the following week!
"farcical"
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

What are you implying? A Down man taking a team playing a  relegated team already.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stibhan

Is the whole Mike Nesbitt/Loughgiel thing a joke?

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2013, 02:54:37 PM
What are you implying? A Down man taking a team playing a  relegated team already.

My point was more about how often does a ref officiate the same team 2 weeks running
- especially when there were questions over his 1st performance.
Surely it would have been easier to assign another ref?
The game itself is not the issue - it's how why this ref appointment was made.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 18, 2013, 04:37:46 PM

My point was more about how often does a ref officiate the same team 2 weeks running

Referees are appointed by the referee committee, I'm sure it's down to availability location and other factors (experience fitness...) A lad was unfortunate to break his thumb in a game the referee did not set out that day to allow that to happen, only according to the Loughgiel ones who were there the lad could have been carded long before the incident and maybe this would have curtailed him, maybe not, it's still not Hugh's fault.  I've refereed Lamhs 2 games in a row so I don't think there is a policy of refereeing the same team in separate weeks, Why would you think that that should be in place?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 18, 2013, 04:37:46 PM

For a man that watches very little games unless its round the corner at shaws rd and always has an excuse for not getting out to them between the wife and kids or some other futile story your big on expertise and opinions. How the FCK do you know how Hugh performed, talk the talk but never did the walk.

btdtgtt

I've been to as many games in North Antrim this year as a dedicated caravaner but I will tell the wife u were asking and if Shaws road was round the corner my diesel but might be less! But whatever - I don't need to explain what games I watch to a knob like u.
I will leave the personal stuff to your infant mentality MIBAG.

Mr2 - my point isn't about Hugh at all. I've always found him to be grand ref.
it's about perception.
Firstly I rarely see big PJ complain in the media so I'm guessing he let go a bit more that just a slap on joey scullion.
Secondly, even if that is the case, why did the refs committee and just appoint someone different when I've no doubt they could. When an issue hits media or gets attention - just be pragmatic.
If Rossa were to lose by a point and complain they suffered like loughgiel I'm sure glenarrife might not be too happy! Altho league standings will of course reflect the whole year not one game.

It's not a big issue - and I expect ports to win easy - I'm just saying why not change the ref when u can? Or is there a reason?

Well more importantly - anyone know much about these Tuesday meetings and workshops the county are having?
Will they have any effect on next year?
Or are they just talking shops?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 18, 2013, 09:16:00 PM
I've been to as many games in North Antrim this year as a dedicated caravaner but I will tell the wife u were asking and if Shaws road was round the corner my diesel but might be less! But whatever - I don't need to explain what games I watch to a knob like u.
I will leave the personal stuff to your infant mentality MIBAG.

Mr2 - my point isn't about Hugh at all. I've always found him to be grand ref.
it's about perception.
Firstly I rarely see big PJ complain in the media so I'm guessing he let go a bit more that just a slap on joey scullion.
Secondly, even if that is the case, why did the refs committee and just appoint someone different when I've no doubt they could. When an issue hits media or gets attention - just be pragmatic.
If Rossa were to lose by a point and complain they suffered like loughgiel I'm sure glenarrife might not be too happy! Altho league standings will of course reflect the whole year not one game.

It's not a big issue - and I expect ports to win easy - I'm just saying why not change the ref when u can? Or is there a reason?

Well more importantly - anyone know much about these Tuesday meetings and workshops the county are having?
Will they have any effect on next year?
Or are they just talking shops?

This isn't the media, this is just a very small forum with about 30 poster from Antrim on it. Though if you believed the hype you'd think there where thousands on it. A lot of hearsay and posts are blown out of proportion by others.

The slap resulted in a broken thumb, intention was there, it happens, all heightened because Loughgiel are in the Ulster final without him, Id be raging to, we lost two of our main players the week before while playing in a sevens competition but we just got on with it. The big game will be in Feb