Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glentaisie

Well that lad without the helmet is clearly not in possession of any balls.

Seamroga in exile

His parents will be proud of that pic. He'll have it as his phone screen saver.  Unreal.  A complete and utter nutjob. 

Be careful Glentaisie, you might be accused of picking on the chip-eaters by posting that pic.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

manballandall

Am I seeing this right? Is that guy without the helmet aiming his hurl at the bourbon the green helmet? That's face on?. WTF

Glentaisie

I said
"That was 3, full-blooded strikes to the heads of Glenshesk players within seconds of each other. I can tell you it was pretty shocking."

but, because I only saw Belfast Gael infringements, I am not a credible witness.

Personally I think that County Antrim Post picture has been photoshopped.

Gizzy15

Quote from: manballandall on October 08, 2013, 08:13:37 PM
Am I seeing this right? Is that guy without the helmet aiming his hurl at the bourbon the green helmet? That's face on?. WTF

Is the bourbon not part of the helmet of his team mate? Think it's the green helmet behind. Takes a big man to pull the hurl like that, off the ball.

Think it just has to be a zero tolerance either 5 year to life ban for this type of behaviour before someone gets killed. Just like in senior games where boys go out for the love of the game and have work the next day, then some psycho comes along and thinks your fair game to be cut in 2. It can happen quite a bit in div4 games and the like.

There is no room for this type of antics in this sport. Add to that the increase to insurance premiums for clubs next year if the insurance companies get a squint at that photo.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Glentaisie on October 08, 2013, 08:19:20 PM
I said
"That was 3, full-blooded strikes to the heads of Glenshesk players within seconds of each other. I can tell you it was pretty shocking."

but, because I only saw Belfast Gael infringements, I am not a credible witness.

Personally I think that County Antrim Post picture has been photoshopped.

Who are you having a gripe with??

Glentaisie

Not you Gizzy.

Earlier I was told that my eye witness account wasn't credible because I didn't see eveything.

I'm getting caught up in the "Someone is wrong on the Internet" thing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glentaisie on October 08, 2013, 08:38:29 PM
Not you Gizzy.

Earlier I was told that my eye witness account wasn't credible because I didn't see eveything.

Sure I'm now in the Antrim Post, seems I'm worse that the lads that were doing the smacking kicking and striking!!! lol

I condemned the actions spoke out against them also, had a debate with someone on the bases that if someone came on to the pitch and struck a 16 year old that it would escalate the situation, that it was wrong and this was given a space in the paper, talk about not checking your facts or even taking the 5 mins to check the actual post/thread, Journo's have a life of it I tell ya

The sc**bag thug comment related to that and not the incident as we weren't even there ffs laughable if it weren't so serious.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Glentaisie on October 08, 2013, 07:38:12 PM
I'd guess btdtgtt would say that the County Antrim Post, by only publishing this photo of the mayhem, is not a credible witness.

Edit: I think you can see the photo now.  Note that
1  the assailant is not using the face of the hurl. He is using the blade.
2 he has no helmet, suggesting that he came from the sideline.

Clearly identifiable though.

Utter bullsh**t.
Ur gonna have a long time on this board if u putting ur own slants on others statements - over 1500pages so far.

So let's try this:

1) I am incensed when I see these pictures and hear what went on. I hope the perpetrators are dealt with by Antrim - and because I view these acts as nothing to do with hurling - I have no problem if the PSNI are involved.

2) that does not mean everyone from the glenshesk contingent is 100% not guilty of any bad acts. I wasn't there - but being "less guilty" is not the same as "not guilty". Best wishes to all who were injured.

3) the acts of the thugs from Belfast Gaels (not all the team) should not be associated with Gaels in the city as a whole. This would be nieve since the same problems have existed elsewhere.

Interesting point of the CAP forcing the county's hand - if only the press could be as effective with our governments. Fair play to them.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I think of their reporter hadn't of been assaulted they may not have been pushing this as much.

Fair play tho to them. Pity other papers didn't do the same and tell the truth!
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2013, 08:48:04 PM
Quote from: Glentaisie on October 08, 2013, 08:38:29 PM
Not you Gizzy.

Sure I'm now in the Antrim Post, seems I'm worse that the lads that were doing the smacking kicking and striking!!! lol

I condemned the actions spoke out against them also, had a debate with someone on the bases that if someone came on to the pitch and struck a 16 year old that it would escalate the situation, that it was wrong and this was given a space in the paper, talk about not checking your facts or even taking the 5 mins to check the actual post/thread, Journo's have a life of it I tell ya

The sc**bag thug comment related to that and not the incident as we weren't even there ffs laughable if it weren't so serious.
I can't find it. You've reached the big time now.  ;D

*edit

Found it. Another one who didn't actually read your posts correctly.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Glentaisie

btdtgtt

Utter bullsh**t.
Ur gonna have a long time on this board if u putting ur own slants on others statements - over 1500pages so far.

If I decide to stick around I'll get some lessons from you in both bullsh*t and deliberate misinterpretation of others' posts.

btdtgtt
So let's try this:

1) I am incensed when I see these pictures and hear what went on. I hope the perpetrators are dealt with by Antrim - and because I view these acts as nothing to do with hurling - I have no problem if the PSNI are involved.

Good

btdtgtt
2) that does not mean everyone from the glenshesk contingent is 100% not guilty of any bad acts. I wasn't there - but being "less guilty" is not the same as "not guilty". Best wishes to all who were injured.

You really shouldread my first post again. I never said that Gaels were the only offenders.

btdtgtt
3) the acts of the thugs from Belfast Gaels (not all the team) should not be associated with Gaels in the city as a whole. This would be nieve since the same problems have existed elsewhere.

I made no comment on Gaels in Belfast in general

ArfurFoxAche

Seems they're having a few similar issues at underage in Tipp at the minute...U16 and Minor!  Not that it lessens the unease over what happened on Saturday.  In fact, probably increases the general level of despair.  Madness all round.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/tipp-officials-puzzled-by-blackout-after-mass-brawl-29645447.html

btdtgtt

Quote from: ArfurFoxAche on October 09, 2013, 09:36:57 AM
Seems they're having a few similar issues at underage in Tipp at the minute...U16 and Minor!  Not that it lessens the unease over what happened on Saturday.  In fact, probably increases the general level of despair.  Madness all round.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/tipp-officials-puzzled-by-blackout-after-mass-brawl-29645447.html

Blame the Belfast people.

Give Loughgiel a break!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Glentaisie on October 09, 2013, 09:08:18 AM
btdtgtt

Utter bullsh**t.

If I decide to stick around I'll get some lessons from you in both bullsh*t and deliberate misinterpretation of others' posts.
I hope not given the one sided nature of your original "thats what I saw" report - and I doubt it.

btdtgtt
So let's try this:

Good

btdtgtt

You really shouldread my first post again. I never said that Gaels were the only offenders.

Oh thats right - you only saw a Glenshesk bloke push someone in the chest - thats all they are guilty of!

btdtgtt

I made no comment on Gaels in Belfast in general
I didnt say you did. It was a comment i already reference elsewhere on the board.