Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 07, 2013, 12:04:09 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 11:36:31 AM
Ulster club semis are a double header at Owenbeg this Sunday.

Happy days.  I'd heard that it was Athletic Grounds for our game but I'd prefer a trip to Dungiven.

Owenbeg is a massive pitch, grass needs cut though, its too long at the minute for hurling. The space is a forwards dream . Will suit Loughgeil and Coleraine's 2 man full forward line also against Creggan.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 07, 2013, 04:32:35 PM
Joey nearly had his hand removed yesterday. And no cultec involved. Just constant fouling/battering in which ref never picked up on.    Broke in shite. 8/10 weeks for the poor lad.      Nag I wasn't being smart.  Was just looking your take on it.
Apparently the ref was a disgrace as well as the perpetrators. Joey is disgusted by it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 06:37:30 PM
Joey nearly had his hand removed yesterday. And no cultec involved. Just constant fouling/battering in which ref never picked up on.    Broke in shite. 8/10 weeks for the poor lad.      Nag I wasn't being smart.  Was just looking your take on it.
Apparently the ref was a disgrace as well as the perpetrators. Joey is disgusted by it.

The referee didn't strike him ffs, Hugh been refereeing for a while and is come across a a decent fella, would question his counting skills at times ;) but woudn't favour a team over another, Ports generally not a dirty team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2013, 07:05:42 PM

The referee didn't strike him ffs, Hugh been refereeing for a while and is come across a a decent fella, would question his counting skills at times ;) but woudn't favour a team over another, Ports generally not a dirty team
Their half time team talk was overheard and went along the lines of "pull whether they've the ball or not."

This was after they smashed Joey's hand to sh*te. The ref did nothing about it. Maybe he had an off day, let's hope so.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

ManInBlackandGreen

By listening to the lads, I'd say taking GD,s approach to appointment of refs this year he will not get another game, and from what I've been told it would be sufficient punishment on his poor performance.

north aontroim gael

They were on Sunday.  A few first teamer's missing and a few of the ones who were playing were out for destruction.  From talking to a few of our boys after the game it sounds like a few of the Ports were nursing hangovers and had an attitude that said they didn't give a f**k.  A joke that No.6 never saw red. 

The next time Ports visit Loughgiel I'd bet he's one who'll cry off. Coward.

Sleeping giant

;D we know the Ref didn't hit him MR2   But he let a player batter him 4/5 times without any action.  And the lad finally done what he has looked to have set out to do.    Pointless game.  Can't see the reason behind it.  Joey was only 1 of 4 lads from championship team to play.  And is now out of ulster championship because the ref couldn't keep up with play to actually see what was going on
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on October 07, 2013, 07:42:33 PM
By listening to the lads, I'd say taking GD,s approach to appointment of refs this year he will not get another game, and from what I've been told it would be sufficient punishment on his poor performance.

Bad refereeing performances like this lead to rows so often on a pitch.  How many times do you get hit late / dirty before you have to start looking after yourself?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 07:18:27 PM

Their half time team talk was overheard and went along the lines of "pull whether they've the ball or not."

This was after they smashed Joey's hand to sh*te. The ref did nothing about it. Maybe he had an off day, let's hope so.

I've overheard plenty of 'pull on the ball whether they have it or not' over the years, your own club included ffs, stop with the whiter than white attitude. There is always a muppet on the line or a player that will say daft things like that, it's not done that much at senior level, but it happens, heard and seen it as a player, and the same as a referee, I've pulled a few managers over their behaviour during a game.

Playing ports there was only one lad that I'd would have said was intent on giving the lash, he was on his own though, ginger haired lad NAG? last game I done he was playing for the reserves at fb. Don't you be jumping the fence or encouraging someone to break his hand now when the visit next year ;)

Joey should hopefully recover for the semi final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 07, 2013, 08:05:56 PM
;D we know the Ref didn't hit him MR2   But he let a player batter him 4/5 times without any action.  And the lad finally done what he has looked to have set out to do.    Pointless game.  Can't see the reason behind it.  Joey was only 1 of 4 lads from championship team to play.  And is now out of ulster championship because the ref couldn't keep up with play to actually see what was going on

It's a bummer, pointless game for yous, Ports needed a win to stay up, not pointless for them. 

The Lamhs player lost his finger in a match, accident but serious injury, a lad from Gorts lost his testical in a match this year from being struck by the ball, all accidents. Joey won't be the first to get a whack on the hand and have it broke and he won't be the last, had the referee booked him after the first couple of hits the lad would probably get him the next couple. 

Like I've said we could bring up players from all clubs that have 'done' someone during a game, lets not get into that eh?

Minder

Just saw this on Antrim website

Name : Parent 06 October 2013
I would understand that there will be a comprehensive investigation into what happened on Saturday in Glenariffe.
We should be grateful that this serious incident did not have a more serious outcome. Comment, opinion etc is one thing and needs to be measured so that we can learn to deal with this sub culture of violence. That behoves us all as adults and goes beyond the apportionment of blame , ridicule and sanctions. The duty of care for children in these situations is paramount and a gross breach of that was in evidence on Saturday.
Fortunately Joe Edwards was there to witness first hand the appalling scenes.
It is in that context that I hope the investigative process in some way helps to guide us towards respect and tolerance for one another. Sport and the GAA is a great medium and a learning process to inculcate values of honesty,integrity, tolerance - through wining and losing.
I am extremely disappointed to read the postings of Milltown Row on the GAA Discussion Board Antrim Hurling thread.
What I glean is that he is a referee, maybe a teacher but the nature and content of his postings reflects poorly on both those positions of responsibility.
I would suggest that his contributions with regard to this incident and the derogatory way he refers to fellow GAA members be noted by the appropriate authority within Antrim GAA.

I have the utmost respect for the work and the good work done by refeeres. They are not responsible for a culture where this violent behaviour seems to be an option .
Thank you
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

north_antrim_hound really has it in for MR2.

Sleeping giant

::) ::) ::).  This board is about opinions FFS.  People's differ.  What about it. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jeepers Creepers

Is that honestly someone from this forum?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on October 07, 2013, 09:18:15 PM
Just saw this on Antrim website

Name : Parent 06 October 2013
I would understand that there will be a comprehensive investigation into what happened on Saturday in Glenariffe.
We should be grateful that this serious incident did not have a more serious outcome. Comment, opinion etc is one thing and needs to be measured so that we can learn to deal with this sub culture of violence. That behoves us all as adults and goes beyond the apportionment of blame , ridicule and sanctions. The duty of care for children in these situations is paramount and a gross breach of that was in evidence on Saturday.
Fortunately Joe Edwards was there to witness first hand the appalling scenes.
It is in that context that I hope the investigative process in some way helps to guide us towards respect and tolerance for one another. Sport and the GAA is a great medium and a learning process to inculcate values of honesty,integrity, tolerance - through wining and losing.
I am extremely disappointed to read the postings of Milltown Row on the GAA Discussion Board Antrim Hurling thread.
What I glean is that he is a referee, maybe a teacher but the nature and content of his postings reflects poorly on both those positions of responsibility.
I would suggest that his contributions with regard to this incident and the derogatory way he refers to fellow GAA members be noted by the appropriate authority within Antrim GAA.

I have the utmost respect for the work and the good work done by refeeres. They are not responsible for a culture where this violent behaviour seems to be an option .
Thank you

Like I give a shite what this 'parent' posts. I've posted nothing I wouldn't say to someones face, unlike this glipe, I'm unsure of what it is that reflects poorly on both these positions