Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 11:36:31 AM
Ulster club semis are a double header at Owenbeg this Sunday.
Shamrocks on 2nd at 3:30. So half 11 mass. Pint in the pound and gone. That it SIE??  ;)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Wish the c.dall lads would come back.  I promise not to say much  :o It's  odd without them. Lol

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2013, 12:07:06 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 07, 2013, 10:48:04 AM
Quote from: low ball on October 07, 2013, 10:34:43 AM
i seen the incident on saturday between sars/st pauls v glenshesk there was two strikes on the head from 2 different players  the second glens player was laying on the ground when a player from sars/st pauls  got off the bench and ran at full speed and kicked the glens player a really ugly kick to the back of his head when he was laying on his back, it really blew off after that i think the player that kicked the player on head was sent off in first half shocking scenes

Sure there only kids ( yeah right )and in line with mt2 and hs we should only dwell on the response and not the action. The parent that reacted to that small misdemeanour is the only one to be lambasted on this thread.

I said he was a thug, seriously???? Are they adults now? In any occasion be it this or the any other incident the person who comes in and retaliates is always going to escalate it. I remember a match at casement were a player stepped back and drew on a player across the knee, that player was out for a year or so, nobody jumped the fence that day. Maybe his da wasn't there or his dad thought better of jumping the fence

Turns out the parent didn't jump the fence, anyway let's just agree to differ on it
As you say let's hope all offenders get there medicine
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

heard about this game yday and couldnt believe it. disgracfully stuff all round.

also head butting a female reporter? big brave man who did that. lifetime ban needed for the cretin who did this
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Thankfully these incidents seem to be becoming fewer.

However we need to make sure the procedures are followed and that the suspensions stand up.

At the end of the day what else can be done, these incidents will occur from time to time, its how they are dealt with is the key.

Jeepers Creepers

Any player who pulls over someones head (and connects) in an act of anger or kicks someone in the head while on the ground should be banned for life even at U-16. One day someone will get killed on a pitch and years of glossing over these incidents will be to blame.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 07, 2013, 12:12:30 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 11:36:31 AM
Ulster club semis are a double header at Owenbeg this Sunday.
Shamrocks on 2nd at 3:30. So half 11 mass. Pint in the pound and gone. That it SIE??  ;)
something like that SG.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

ManInBlackandGreen

If they had dealt with the Ray Matthews incident properly and with some fckn intelligence then this incident would be a fore gone conclusion, wee J will fudge this and get away with it, TCAPost should give everything the have to the proper authorities and that's not the gaa and crucify all in involved and then that will be enough precident for any individual or club that thinks this behaviour is the norm. Let's hope PON the ref does the right thing and ignore that wee weasel.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on October 07, 2013, 01:36:33 PM

However we need to make sure the procedures are followed and that the suspensions stand up.

At the end of the day what else can be done, these incidents will occur from time to time, its how they are dealt with is the key.
welcome back nag. I suppose your hardly wanting to talk much about final.  No harm intended. Am looking your view, Was it being so young, management? I've spoke with few dall men and got few different answers.   

Milltown Row2

A player from Lamhs had his half his finger removed due a clash in the intermediate game a few weeks back, he'd slid into a lad who struck the ball and his finger, it didn't look bad at the time until he passed us and his finger was sitting at a right angle!!

Bad craic, shows you how close you can be to losing something and this was an accident, no dads run on to the pitch either ;)

I'm sure NAG will tell you that they were outclassed and didn't get up to the required standard to win or challenge during the game. I'd say fitness and awareness of the opposition was far better. Isn't much else to say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 07, 2013, 02:58:37 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 07, 2013, 01:36:33 PM

welcome back nag. I suppose your hardly wanting to talk much about final.  No harm intended. Am looking your view, Was it being so young, management? I've spoke with few dall men and got few different answers.

Well share the answers you have been given so far then?

I would have thought a combination of all of the those factors, coupled with having played a tough game the week before and coming up against a team who have high levels of confidence and are in the winning groove.

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2013, 03:03:29 PM
A player from Lamhs had his half his finger removed due a clash in the intermediate game a few weeks back, he'd slid into a lad who struck the ball and his finger, it didn't look bad at the time until he passed us and his finger was sitting at a right angle!!

Bad craic, shows you how close you can be to losing something and this was an accident, no dads run on to the pitch either ;)

I'm sure NAG will tell you that they were outclassed and didn't get up to the required standard to win or challenge during the game. I'd say fitness and awareness of the opposition was far better. Isn't much else to say

Do you know if the other lad was using a Cultec? We've had a few lads get bad hand injuries from Cultecs, no malice just shattered bones that needed wiring etc, etc.

Milltown Row2

Not sure Johnney, Clooney lad who struck him, think there is a Clooney gael here on the board. Would worry about that, wonder what the stats on that would be? Again this was a challenge that wouldn't have merited a whistle
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2013, 03:14:08 PM
Not sure Johnney, Clooney lad who struck him, think there is a Clooney gael here on the board. Would worry about that, wonder what the stats on that would be? Again this was a challenge that wouldn't have merited a whistle

Accidents will happen

Sleeping giant

Joey nearly had his hand removed yesterday. And no cultec involved. Just constant fouling/battering in which ref never picked up on.    Broke in shite. 8/10 weeks for the poor lad.      Nag I wasn't being smart.  Was just looking your take on it.