Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2013, 08:05:14 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 06, 2013, 07:56:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2013, 06:24:52 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 06, 2013, 03:50:44 PM

If Some animal pulled across the head of my kid I would struggle to contain myself to. That's one time where emotion overriding logic and rules could be forgiven

That's exactly why there's so much of this crap year after year in Antrim. U-16 grade was by far the worst for it, in my experience.

Yes that's a ridiculous statement north antrim hound ffs. The parents coming on to the pitch will only make a bad situation worse. No f**king need

Ridiculous yes your right, I don't care if I had I kid out there and someone pulled hard on his head. That's an action that could lead to serious long term injury or even be fatal.  these are 15 , 16 year olds (bordering on grown ups)I have never went over a fence in my life and hope I never will . Fair play to anyone on here who could show restraint in those circumstances.  What if the ref didn't see and the offending sc**bag walks. I only mentioned as some people seem to vilifying the parent more than the p***k that pulled on someone's head isn't getting the same airtime

No one is saying that, jumping over the fence is wrong, it's been done (lad getting hit) and jumping the fence won't make any difference. 2 wrongs don't make a right. And if the referee didn't see it doesn't mean the person walks, I'd imagine there was umpires and lines men there along with wee Joe on the line. The parent running on and slapping a 16 year old is as big a sc**bag as the thug who hit the lad with the stick
[/quote]

I have condemned it, I called him a thug, which thug is the worst?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fairhead

Went to Glenariffe yesterday to watch the Ballycastle match and when I got there heard the news of what had just happened. From talking to some people who had seen it all the father you are talking about on here didn't jump the fence he was a Glenshesk mentor so regardless of who had got hit he had every right to go on to protect his injured player, it just happened to be his son. And he also claims to not have hit one of their players so we will see what comes out in the wash.

Also note Belfast Gaels were already down to 14 men and there were others close to being sent off too so lets not be sidetracked here about this two wrongs don't make a right nonsense some posters here are going on about, Belfast Gaels were the aggressors yesterday who were striking opposition players with their sticks. Heres hoping the clubs involved in that amalgamation are severely punished.

cfclg

How many people on here were actually at the Belfast Gaels match and can confirm exactly what happened? NONE. Probably best to stop putting 2 and 2 together and getting 19 until all the facts are known.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Minder on October 06, 2013, 09:19:03 PM
Quote from: thegladiator on October 06, 2013, 09:00:20 PM
On a more positive note.......... us and galls promoted, unless we have the usual restructuring to accommodate particular clubs. Think we both have our work cut out to survive next season.

You will be grand,btdtgtt reckons you are both better than the teams at the bottom of Div 1.

I beg your pardon?

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 07, 2013, 09:36:17 AM
On a more positive note.......... us and galls promoted, unless we have the usual restructuring to accommodate particular clubs. Think we both have our work cut out to survive next season.

You will be grand,btdtgtt reckons you are both better than the teams at the bottom of Div 1.

I beg your pardon?

Sorry I misread your post back in August, I thought you had said they were better but you were actually questioning if they were better
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fairhead on October 07, 2013, 12:11:17 AM
Went to Glenariffe yesterday to watch the Ballycastle match and when I got there heard the news of what had just happened. From talking to some people who had seen it all the father you are talking about on here didn't jump the fence he was a Glenshesk mentor so regardless of who had got hit he had every right to go on to protect his injured player, it just happened to be his son. And he also claims to not have hit one of their players so we will see what comes out in the wash.

Also note Belfast Gaels were already down to 14 men and there were others close to being sent off too so lets not be sidetracked here about this two wrongs don't make a right nonsense some posters here are going on about, Belfast Gaels were the aggressors yesterday who were striking opposition players with their sticks. Heres hoping the clubs involved in that amalgamation are severely punished.

So you didn't see it also?

The topic went off on a tangent about people running on to the pitch and was it the right thing to do or not? and how (I feel) it would only escalate the problem. No one said they were there, no one was adding 2 and 2 together.

There were plenty of officials there to make the right calls and hopefully get all involved
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Minder on October 07, 2013, 09:44:40 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 07, 2013, 09:36:17 AM

I beg your pardon?

Sorry I misread your post back in August, I thought you had said they were better but you were actually questioning if they were better

Oh right gotcha.
Yes to be honest I think although Rossa have been pathetic they have more to offer than both the promoted teams (Galls mainly due to their football commitments).
And Glenarriffe have proved they are able to take points in the top division - I dont think sarsfields can.

I agree with Mr2 on this thing - we all understand the emotions of someone striking with the hurl and the potential for serious harm. Especially with family involved. But that doesnt give anyone the right to enter the field and strike a player - much less a juvenile. Yes we understand how it can happen - it just cant be defended and it will make the situation worse 100% of the time.
Can the actions of an U16 be compared to those of an adult?
Shameful if the cup was presented to a team that hadnt won especially in these circumstances.

low ball

i seen the incident on saturday between sars/st pauls v glenshesk there was two strikes on the head from 2 different players  the second glens player was laying on the ground when a player from sars/st pauls  got off the bench and ran at full speed and kicked the glens player a really ugly kick to the back of his head when he was laying on his back, it really blew off after that i think the player that kicked the player on head was sent off in first half shocking scenes

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: low ball on October 07, 2013, 10:34:43 AM
i seen the incident on saturday between sars/st pauls v glenshesk there was two strikes on the head from 2 different players  the second glens player was laying on the ground when a player from sars/st pauls  got off the bench and ran at full speed and kicked the glens player a really ugly kick to the back of his head when he was laying on his back, it really blew off after that i think the player that kicked the player on head was sent off in first half shocking scenes

Sure there only kids ( yeah right )and in line with mt2 and hs we should only dwell on the response and not the action. The parent that reacted to that small misdemeanour is the only one to be lambasted on this thread. 
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

DearyMe

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 06, 2013, 10:05:30 PM
Whatever mr2
Your right a grown up striking a sixteen your old is wrong. But stop trying to build a picture where this sixteen year old was standing minding his own business. We have already established the way he reacted was wrong so stop repeating it. I haven't seen you write once condemning the player and his part in the whole incident. If we listened to you he is the only one hard done by here. Take the blinkers off and realise when someone behaves the way he did it's going to escalate into something worse.  I've tried to make you see that when it comes to an emotional parent then rational goes out the window. So keep on deflecting away from the sc**bag here I don't care what age he is.
Ask someone what's the lowest thing you could do on a hurling field and his action is the answer you will get most

Are you for real???
What happens on a pitch between opposing teamsn and players is for officials to judge, then clubs can assess conduct of their own players as they see fit!
It is absolutely unacceptable for any parent to react this way, regardless of incident! Stop trying to justify this!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Seamroga in exile

Ulster club semis are a double header at Owenbeg this Sunday.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: DearyMe on October 07, 2013, 11:26:37 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 06, 2013, 10:05:30 PM
Whatever mr2
Your right a grown up striking a sixteen your old is wrong. But stop trying to build a picture where this sixteen year old was standing minding his own business. We have already established the way he reacted was wrong so stop repeating it. I haven't seen you write once condemning the player and his part in the whole incident. If we listened to you he is the only one hard done by here. Take the blinkers off and realise when someone behaves the way he did it's going to escalate into something worse.  I've tried to make you see that when it comes to an emotional parent then rational goes out the window. So keep on deflecting away from the sc**bag here I don't care what age he is.
Ask someone what's the lowest thing you could do on a hurling field and his action is the answer you will get most

Are you for real???
What happens on a pitch between opposing teamsn and players is for officials to judge, then clubs can assess conduct of their own players as they see fit!
It is absolutely unacceptable for any parent to react this way, regardless of incident! Stop trying to justify this!

Have you read my post I've already said it was wrong, I would say that the man that did it knows it was wrong and maybe even regrets his actions. It ceased to become a hurling match when pulling round the head and sent off players running on and kicking in the head started. Are those responsible actions for 16 year olds. Imm not defending the parents action but I would find it hard to contain myself if some animals where getting tore into my son like that.  If your going to follow things to the letter of the law like it should then he should have waited and called the police. The whole thing is a sad state of affairs and there where post concentrating on the parent who should be witnessing this and acting with calm and resolve.

None is going to change my stance on this so stop trying
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 11:36:31 AM

Happy days.  I'd heard that it was Athletic Grounds for our game but I'd prefer a trip to Dungiven.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 11:36:31 AM

Bit of a surprise there?
Did the clubs have any input or views on this?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 07, 2013, 10:48:04 AM
Quote from: low ball on October 07, 2013, 10:34:43 AM

Sure there only kids ( yeah right )and in line with mt2 and hs we should only dwell on the response and not the action. The parent that reacted to that small misdemeanour is the only one to be lambasted on this thread.

I said he was a thug, seriously???? Are they adults now? In any occasion be it this or the any other incident the person who comes in and retaliates is always going to escalate it. I remember a match at casement were a player stepped back and drew on a player across the knee, that player was out for a year or so, nobody jumped the fence that day. Maybe his da wasn't there or his dad thought better of jumping the fence