Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2013, 11:35:46 AM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 04, 2013, 11:24:39 AM
It was pretty much our first team that played Crokes.  One or two missing through niggling injuries. We should of beaten them, missed a few scorable chances near the end when we had emptied the bench and lost by a point.

Amazed that some people think LG backroom team are on big money or even money at all.  3 or 4 club men (PJ, Dominic, Ciaran, Eddie etc) plus Joe McGurk (ex club player).  In other years Jim Nelson has been involved as a coach, unfortunately his input has been curtailed this year.  No salaries or expenses there.

I'd be the first to admit we had previously 'bought' in the services of outside coaches.  Tommy Stevenson and Joe Cassidy etc.  It never worked, we moved on.

I don't think any supporters or players would underestimate BG.  With Magic back in the mix they always have a chance.

Would need to be awful conditions wind blowing a gale, raining and the pitch to be sticky as fcuk, this would only keep the score down and should ballygalget keep with them through scoring all their frees be within a 2 goal deficit at the end.

A sunny dry day, Ballygalget won't get within 14 points. Don't say any different lads please!!!!!!!

Magic and a couple of others aside we're a small, light team, a bog of a pitch would probably suit Loughgeil more than us, but it'd only affect the margin, the victors wouldn't be in doubt.

If hassan or Devlin (if he's still at it) are refereeing we'll not get enough frees to be close, merited or otherwise.

It'll be a learning curve for our young lads for the future, theres no expectations being put on this team from anyone in Ballygalget. We need to have the future in mind at this juncture of our development.

Sleeping giant

I heard we hurled well in Dublin.   JC.  Your taking MR2s way of playing them down.   Don't for 1 second say you don't expect to win every game that you take the field.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

johnneycool

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 04, 2013, 01:33:28 PM
I heard we hurled well in Dublin.   JC.  Your taking MR2s way of playing them down.   Don't for 1 second say you don't expect to win every game that you take the field.
Who me? I took defeat badly, but alas I don't play anymore and have mellowed out as the years pass by.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on October 04, 2013, 04:00:19 PM
Who me? I took defeat badly, but alas I don't play anymore and have mellowed out as the years pass by.

Have you fcuk, there's nothing worse than losing, christ I won't even let my kids win Monopoly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

;D ... you're just right ...don't let him away with it.

Ignore the red and white elephant in the room (other wise known as SIE)  ::)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2013, 04:34:03 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 04, 2013, 04:00:19 PM

Have you fcuk, there's nothing worse than losing, christ I won't even let my kids win Monopoly

Show me a good loser and Ill show you a loser: Vince Lomabardi

A bad winner now that's a different thing
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on October 04, 2013, 06:06:50 PM

;D ... you're just right ...don't let him away with it.

Ignore the red and white elephant in the room (other wise known as SIE)  ::)

;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

SHOCKING SCENES in Glenariffe in the B u16 hurling final

Belfast Gaels really let themselves down as did some glenshesk players

full scale riot for around 5 minutes, match abandoned

St Johns beat in A final by a sharp ballycastle, but these young Johnnies will be back

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on October 05, 2013, 05:13:56 PM

St Johns beat in A final by a sharp ballycastle, but these young Johnnies will be back

With hatchet's?

Don't be labling all Belfast Gaels ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

I heard a female photographer got head butted.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

aontroim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2013, 05:19:53 PM

With hatchet's?

Don't be labling all Belfast Gaels ffs

Think he means the amalgamation team 'Belfast Gaels' MR

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2013, 05:52:41 PM
Ha ha, milltown ye fcukin wingnut. The team was called Belfast Gaels.

St Pauls & Sarsfields.

Ah me knows now. Home fixture but playing it in Ballycastle, what's that all about?

saffron89

though if the cap fits MR2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah they were sarsfields, st pauls and were called Belfast gaels

they were using their hurls as hatchets

ref should have had 2 of them off before half time

glenshesk were well in front and match was near over but now abandoned

Joe Edwards witnessed the whole episode from the sideline and was asking names of certain mentors

saffron89

are you drunk MR2 ??? another general labelling along with chip eaters apparently for the McCoeey bastards I think they were being called.

on a serious note it was pretty horrific, I cant recall much worse, how nobody was seriously injured is beyond belief