Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: johnneycool on September 30, 2013, 09:20:12 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 29, 2013, 11:37:54 PM
There's always begrudgers mate.   On all walks of life.   Ballygalget winning today just doesn't leave us in a semi.   Ulster needs winning. But there's a small bit of hurt after last years semi.  Not wanting to look to far infront.  But we again maybe have something to prove.

Whilst we won handily enough today after a bad start we're a good few steps down from the standard Loughgeil are at. Can't see us trouble Loughgeil, but hope the young lads on the team learn a valuable lesson on where they're at and the gulf in speed of hurling, stickwork etc may stand to them in later years.

Will the Ulster council revert to a 'home and away' arrangement for Ulster club fixtures in the absence of Casement?
I hear you boys have drafted in some outside help from not too far away from ourselves Jc. I also hear probably Armagh 13th october for the semi.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 03, 2013, 07:41:23 PM
I hear you boys have drafted in some outside help from not too far away from ourselves Jc. I also hear probably Armagh 13th october for the semi.

For a boy that hears plenty, unbelievable isn't it you didn't hear how well youse got on in Dublin prior to playing the town?  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on October 03, 2013, 10:05:22 PM

For a boy that hears plenty, unbelievable isn't it you didn't hear how well youse got on in Dublin prior to playing the town?  ;)
My ears were ringing from pink floyd music.

Saffrongael

Why do the Cushendall posters on here never post after a Championship defeat ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

theskull1

In fairness the shams only found the internet a few years ago.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Ya only post when you're winning, post when you're winning!! ya only post when you're winning

I should only post on the football thread ffs :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on October 03, 2013, 10:44:21 PM
In fairness the shams only found the internet a few years ago.
we only got electric in glenbush 3 years ago.   ;)

cfclg

Are there any Sarsfields men on here? Looks like you are destined for Division 1 hurling next year, whats the feelings on that?

Division 2 relegation will be sorted out this wknd. Will St Pauls avoid the drop by beating Carey or will Lambs turn over Sarsfields to maintain their Div 2 status?

btdtgtt

Its an exciting enough finish to a league thats for sure - all 4 teams in these fixtures have something to play for!

Pity they aren't at the bear pit & st pauls ground - could watch them both at the same time!

It would be a massive blow for either club to be relegated - and how do galls carey & sars view potential div 1?

manballandall

I dont think any of the 3 teams mentioned are strong enough to survive Div one...not enough strength in depth. I have said it already to our club that we need to be at championship level/fitness at start of league in the hope we catch a few teams on the hop and gain enough points early on. That means starting a few months of gym work, strength and conditioning now and then build on fitness at start of year. Otherwise we and any other team going up is going to struggle big time. I still believe teams going up need to 2 years to find their feet but i know that would be a loigistical nightmare unless we extend the number of teams in the division but we have already covered that ground previously on here so lets just see what happens

Milltown Row2

If we win on Sunday we'll go up to Div 1,

Two two down this year, St Pauls would need to win and Lamhs lose to have a chance Carey are looking to get second place so will be giving St Pauls a hammering I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

There's always begrudgers mate.   On all walks of life.   Ballygalget winning today just doesn't leave us in a semi.   Ulster needs winning. But there's a small bit of hurt after last years semi.  Not wanting to look to far infront.  But we again maybe have something to prove.

Whilst we won handily enough today after a bad start we're a good few steps down from the standard Loughgeil are at. Can't see us trouble Loughgeil, but hope the young lads on the team learn a valuable lesson on where they're at and the gulf in speed of hurling, stickwork etc may stand to them in later years.

Will the Ulster council revert to a 'home and away' arrangement for Ulster club fixtures in the absence of Casement?

That outside help has been up and down the road on and off for the better part of 10 years now Seamroga, hardly anything new, our backroom staff payroll is still a pittance to yours, but then again you're a big time club compared to us minnows.

Heard at the weekend you were down playing the crokes in Dublin and got beat, must have been the extended panel you gave a run out.  ;)

It was the same day as the AI u-21 final and the Crokes lads I was talking to were surprised you'd went ahead with the friendly considering your county was in an AI final in Thurles.

Dublin club hurling is pretty strong now as Ballyboden tanked us a week later.

Sure we'll get Graham to keep it pucked out to you considering how easy you saw off Cushendall and Ballycastle who're well ahead of us standard wise.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on October 04, 2013, 10:59:15 AM

That outside help has been up and down the road on and off for the better part of 10 years now Seamroga, hardly anything new, our backroom staff payroll is still a pittance to yours, but then again you're a big time club compared to us minnows.

Heard at the weekend you were down playing the crokes in Dublin and got beat, must have been the extended panel you gave a run out.  ;)

It was the same day as the AI u-21 final and the Crokes lads I was talking to were surprised you'd went ahead with the friendly considering your county was in an AI final in Thurles.

Dublin club hurling is pretty strong now as Ballyboden tanked us a week later.

Sure we'll get Graham to keep it pucked out to you considering how easy you saw off Cushendall and Ballycastle who're well ahead of us standard wise.

The third best team in Dublin??

north aontroim gael

It was pretty much our first team that played Crokes.  One or two missing through niggling injuries. We should of beaten them, missed a few scorable chances near the end when we had emptied the bench and lost by a point.

Amazed that some people think LG backroom team are on big money or even money at all.  3 or 4 club men (PJ, Dominic, Ciaran, Eddie etc) plus Joe McGurk (ex club player).  In other years Jim Nelson has been involved as a coach, unfortunately his input has been curtailed this year.  No salaries or expenses there.

I'd be the first to admit we had previously 'bought' in the services of outside coaches.  Tommy Stevenson and Joe Cassidy etc.  It never worked, we moved on.

I don't think any supporters or players would underestimate BG.  With Magic back in the mix they always have a chance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 04, 2013, 11:24:39 AM
It was pretty much our first team that played Crokes.  One or two missing through niggling injuries. We should of beaten them, missed a few scorable chances near the end when we had emptied the bench and lost by a point.

Amazed that some people think LG backroom team are on big money or even money at all.  3 or 4 club men (PJ, Dominic, Ciaran, Eddie etc) plus Joe McGurk (ex club player).  In other years Jim Nelson has been involved as a coach, unfortunately his input has been curtailed this year.  No salaries or expenses there.

I'd be the first to admit we had previously 'bought' in the services of outside coaches.  Tommy Stevenson and Joe Cassidy etc.  It never worked, we moved on.

I don't think any supporters or players would underestimate BG.  With Magic back in the mix they always have a chance.

Would need to be awful conditions wind blowing a gale, raining and the pitch to be sticky as fcuk, this would only keep the score down and should ballygalget keep with them through scoring all their frees be within a 2 goal deficit at the end.

A sunny dry day, Ballygalget won't get within 14 points. Don't say any different lads please!!!!!!!