Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

No way... He was a county minor last year! Hopefully be a good one. The brother can be frustrating. On his day could roast anyone but a bit inconsistent at times.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 15, 2013, 11:25:07 PM
No way... He was a county minor last year! Hopefully be a good one. The brother can be frustrating. On his day could roast anyone but a bit inconsistent at times.

Defo under 16, he's a goodin surely. Very natural gifted player, I think he scored couple of goals today.

The senior games next week should be belters, really looking forward to them, think I'll take in Saturday's game, Dunloy will love the fact that they have been given the underdogs tag. If the Dall manage to get a good start and push on they should win handy, watched the league game this year and they couldn't push on though didn't look like losing it.

The referee obviously thought the Dall were going to win so made sure of it 8)..................
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Yeah they are def favs for this one. I don't mind us being the underdogs, we have nothing to lose so we will give it a go :)
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

You were underdogs last year too DR and sure had they not got a soft goal early on it would have been a hammering so I don't think a favourites tag will have much bearing.

Hope to get to this - last year's game was disappointing so hopefully be a better / tighter contest this time.

Won't make the sunday one but would be very surprised if Ballycastle win this one. They seem to have improved but Loughgiel are the form team and it's not like they're an old team and don't have any depth. Be interesting to see how far Ballycastle have come on none the less.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 16, 2013, 11:31:43 AM
You were underdogs last year too DR and sure had they not got a soft goal early on it would have been a hammering so I don't think a favourites tag will have much bearing.

Hope to get to this - last year's game was disappointing so hopefully be a better / tighter contest this time.

Won't make the sunday one but would be very surprised if Ballycastle win this one. They seem to have improved but Loughgiel are the form team and it's not like they're an old team and don't have any depth. Be interesting to see how far Ballycastle have come on none the less.

Think the weather going to play a big part in these games, if it is a wet week both pitches will be slow and heavy and the games will reflect this.

Na Glinntí Glasa

to be fair we played well last year against them on the back drop of losing to them in the league as well that season. i dont put any creed into league results against teams like cdall, lgiel etc. championship hurling is so much different as you all know to well. our game against rossa wasnt exciting but we did all that was needed to win.

cushendall are a cracking team and they have alot of good young players now in hte team along with players like graffiin, mc manus, shane etc they are a good team and one l like watching play.

i still belive a point either way will win this game.
hurl like f**k boi!

Tony Baloney

SIE won't be having that sort of chat!  ;D

Sleeping giant

I wouldn't stay we're the "form team"    What's the story with minor final? Anyone care for a match report?  I was expecting a close encounter.  Jesus that's some scoreline in fairness.   That young mc Cambridge is a cracker!!!  On senior team also I think
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

imtommygunn

The form c'ship team. League and feis cup irrelevant now - 3 years since you were beat in the antrim championship!

BlackandAmber

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 16, 2013, 01:57:53 PM
The form c'ship team. League and feis cup irrelevant now - 3 years since you were beat in the antrim championship!

Agreed.  The Town are'nt ready for championship Loughgeil yet.  Don't think we'll "roll over" but a bit worried about which team will turn up. If our lads play to the best they can give the Shams a run for it If Cormac had been fit this year we could of been closer but Loughgeils experience will tell.  No more than 5 in it if our lads turn up.

Never like writing Dunloy off but I fancy Cushendall by a narrow margin.

Shams 4 in a row will be stopped by the Dall or am I just hoping?

Seamroga in exile

It's Ballycastle's for the taking.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

as long as they ask nicely
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Glensman

Anyone have a link to or the text of what the Clare manager said after the match on Sunday?

Heard he called it straight re Antrim but not the specifics!

btdtgtt

"From Antrim's perspective I think their players probably deserved better. If they had access to the same resources, the same expertise that our guys have I think it would be a different story. I hope the Antrim County Board will provide them with that reward because they deserve it.

"Technically we saw it against Wexford that they are excellent hurlers, but our guys have played at a level of competition that they only aspire to and it just creates too much of a gap. But I think from Antrim's perspective the hurling landscape is levelling out."

Donal Maloney
Clare U21 manager.

Sleeping giant

Fair play to him.  100% right. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.