Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

Despite the scoreline yesterday I thought Christopher McGuinness had an excellent game. He won about 4 frees that were all scored and got one himself. He wouldn't have looked out of place on the Clare squad. Hard luck Antrim, good year for the u21 side and hopefully we build on it next year by doing some hard training and see what happens.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 14, 2013, 10:29:52 PM
FAO Milltown Row:

Rossa will win the 2014 Antrim championship. Be sure to factor this comment in if you referee any of their games next year.

Ok, thats worth a punt. Was at the game today and I heard the referee say that he thought a team should win the match!! I was on the ball to the CCC to get him removed ffs, they told me to fcuk off. What's their craic surely the read the board, tut tut

on a serious note

Antrim minor Hurling Championship

Cushendall 3-12 Johnnies 0-01 HT

Thats some scoreline, can the referee say at this point one team will beat another? hmmmm
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Nearly over in the minor final

3-19 0-7
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Any results from intermediate games?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on September 15, 2013, 05:47:52 PM

If they are over I'll talk about them ;)

Milltown Row2

Carey beat a stubborn Armoy team, Carey just had the better hurling but couldn't shake off this Armoy team who must rue a first half display with the wind. The wind played a major part in this game, with the better hurling being done by the team playing against the wind funny enough. It should be a decent final as Clooney Gaels were very impressive against Lamhs, PJ is a class act and I only watched the first half but he scored a goal with his first touch and I'd be very surprised his marker made it to the end without getting sent off.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2013, 06:26:56 PM
Carey beat a stubborn Armoy team, Carey just had the better hurling but couldn't shake off this Armoy team who must rue a first half display with the wind. The wind played a major part in this game, with the better hurling being done by the team playing against the wind funny enough. It should be a decent final as Clooney Gaels were very impressive against Lamhs, PJ is a class act and I only watched the first half but he scored a goal with his first touch and I'd be very surprised his marker made it to the end without getting sent off.
careful now. You don't want to express an opinion in your precarious position mr2. God knows, Antrim is coming down with referees waiting to take your place.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2013, 06:05:54 PM

Glad to see you've taken my advice.

Knew you'd see sense.

PS another two results I called correctly.

Hirty Darry

Cushendall are a club with momentum at the minute, securing the Minor and Reserve Championships at all county level now.

They will be hard to stop in the Senior C/ship.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 15, 2013, 08:51:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2013, 06:05:54 PM

Glad to see you've taken my advice.

Knew you'd see sense.

PS another two results I called correctly.

Like I'm going to take advice from you :P

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 15, 2013, 08:14:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2013, 06:26:56 PM
careful now. You don't want to express an opinion in your precarious position mr2. God knows, Antrim is coming down with referees waiting to take your place.

Sure there are plenty of referees out there now, you'll find that referees who's clubs are in div 1 won't be able to referee that league cause they could 'fix' a result.

Nut job

Anyway Castles pitch today was great considering the weather

imtommygunn

I don't know that much about the minor hurling this year but is that cushendall win not a surprise especially the winning margin??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 15, 2013, 09:52:35 PM
I don't know that much about the minor hurling this year but is that cushendall win not a surprise especially the winning margin??

They hammered Rossa in the semi final so I'd say they were a good team, youn Chrissy McNaughton is a cracker and they have couple lads on the senior team also. Things looking rosy again in the Dall

imtommygunn

Mccambridge is a minor isn't he and on the senior team? Yeah christy mcnaughton looks a good one. Looks a good bit bigger than the brother shane. Wonder how long till he breaks into the senior team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 15, 2013, 10:50:46 PM
Mccambridge is a minor isn't he and on the senior team? Yeah christy mcnaughton looks a good one. Looks a good bit bigger than the brother shane. Wonder how long till he breaks into the senior team.

Aye he might even end up better than Shane, he'll be on senior team next year, he's still under 16 ffs!! Otherwise I'd say he'd make the odd appearance on the seniors