Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruairi

They are too good....it's back-boned by a seriously strong senior side.

Minder

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 14, 2013, 05:36:05 PM
Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on September 14, 2013, 05:32:37 PM
Quote from: AQMP on September 14, 2013, 05:27:31 PM
Sorry, I can't watch any more of this :'(

I agree. Knew Clare were very strong but thought we would be much more competitive.

Lads cork seniors couldn't handle most of those lads for 55 mins on Sunday, some outfit. One thing I will say is distribution from puck outs and to be fair options for puck outs are hurting us greatly.

Four of the U-21 team started against Cork last week.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

14 are on the panel. Irrespective of the result it is still a proud day to see antrim in an ai final.

That clare side has been talked of as the best u21 side ever and they really are superb.

There are some good players in the u21 side for antrim who will hopefully go on to do well at senior.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Clare out scored Antrim in the second half by 0-12 to 0-8. But they took off four of their senior players at that stage.  Dose anyone know how many of that Antrim team will be there next year?

Seamroga in exile

I'm just glad they got there. Outclassed in the first half but played much better in the second. I don't think even they thought they would win. This is the same Clare team that should have won the minors 4 years ago against Kilkenny. 4 years of solid training as a unit and no petty club squabbles. Lessons to be learned.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jeepers Creepers

No real surprise with the score line, however a lot of basic errors which the lads will be disappointed about. However watching the game in my own club with a lot of juveniles  who were spellbound with the names from their club on TV which will hopefully not let let the score spoil their enthusiasm for the game. Aontrim Abu!

Hirty Darry

I'm not a bad judge called 18 + pts, as much as I didn't want to see that type of result.

MR2 since you claim you can say what you want and can have an opinion on any hurling game ...

... do you have an opinion on the upcoming Creggan v Con Magee game?

manballandall

theskull1

Hirty seems to have developed a bit if a crush

Give the man a rest will ya
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Today....it is what it is. Boys who are still good hurlers made look very average by a top of the range Clare side used to playing at a level we've never not been able to get to. Not their fault.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hirty Darry

Quote from: manballandall on September 14, 2013, 09:17:59 PM
What's ur opinion HD?

In all honestly, they are two sides I would not be familiar with.

Looking at their league results Creggan have had comfortable victories(8 & 20pts).

On this basis only (I know championship is a different ball game) logic points to a handy enough victory for Creggan.

Hirty Darry

Quote from: hardstation on September 14, 2013, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 14, 2013, 09:55:17 PM
Quote from: manballandall on September 14, 2013, 09:17:59 PM
What's ur opinion HD?

In all honestly, they are two sides I would not be familiar with.

Looking at their league results Creggan have had comfortable victories(8 & 20pts).

On this basis only (I know championship is a different ball game) logic points to a handy enough victory for Creggan.
Are you trying to affect the referee's opinion on the game?? He might read this post, you know.
I hope all he does is read! ;)

I'll tell you who will win tomorrow's intermediate games as well:

Clooney (lot of people fancy LD but I beg to differ)

Carey (could be a feisty affair - bit of a local derby, Carey should win with a bit to spare)

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on September 14, 2013, 10:29:52 PM
FAO Milltown Row:

Rossa will win the 2014 Antrim championship. Be sure to factor this comment in if you referee any of their games next year.
and also if we beat the town, against the odds.   

Hirty Darry

Quote from: hardstation on September 14, 2013, 10:29:52 PM
FAO Milltown Row:

Rossa will win the 2014 Antrim "Intermediate"championship. Be sure to factor this comment in if you referee any of their games next year.

Fixed that for you, that will be your level next year.