Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 03, 2013, 10:27:16 PM
I know My hurling days are over MR2, unlike some on here.  ;)

Your a long time not playing, so keep her lit I say. Hopefully get a few senior reserve games next year!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2013, 10:31:48 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 03, 2013, 10:27:16 PM
I know My hurling days are over MR2, unlike some on here.  ;)

Your a long time not playing, so keep her lit I say. Hopefully get a few senior reserve games next year!!!
;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

After the massive hullabaloo made by K Ryan and the county board about the venue for the u-21 final the game has be confirmed for........................................Thurles.

manballandall

Not a chance croke would change their mind and why would/should they so no real surprise. Just been an unnecessary  distraction for  the players so hopefully they can now get on preparing for the match

NAG1

So any chance of the dates and venues for the semi finals yet, becoming yet another embarrassment that we cant even get this sorted.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2013, 08:34:25 AM
So any chance of the dates and venues for the semi finals yet, becoming yet another embarrassment that we cant even get this sorted.

I'd say it will be the Sunday the 15th
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2013, 09:11:08 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2013, 08:34:25 AM

I'd say it will be the Sunday the 15th

But how will the teams feel then about having their players playing in an AIF the evening before?

Logical to have them in Dunloy and Loughgiel.

Jesusjones

They will be put back until the 22nd of Sept.

btdtgtt

I've no problem as I said before with playing a little politics over the venue - but the "boycott" thing was embarrassing.

Now lets focus on the occaison - Antrim in an All-Ireland final!

As I said before - its unfortunate this "interferes" with club championship.
This happens in nearly every county - and not a bad problem to have!
To alleviate the issue - the county season should be re-structured - but thats a national issue.

Interesting to see the semi-final venues - but even as a city man I really can't wait to watch both games.
For me - this is what the GAA is really all about! Club championship!

Na Glinntí Glasa

both games will be the 21st, the sat. cant play it on the 14th with U21 final and def cant be the 15th as it would be unfair to both ballycastle and cushendall to play the game with so many players playing the day before.

cant be played on the22nd as is that not the all ireland football day? would be a closed day for all club fixtures.

sad thing is our camogs play the senior semi final as well that day with Portgleone!
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

I wouldn't worry about the football final being on, get them played on the 22nd.

The Memory Man

Typical North Antrim response!  Never worry about the bog ballers!! ;)  The sooner we embrace all GAA activity in the county and give up the self promotion, selfishness and work for the greater good we're going nowhere.  I would like to think even a handful of North Antrim Gaels (sorry hurling people!) might have a passing interest in the All Ireland Football Finals?  Maybe I'm just being naive?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 04, 2013, 12:35:48 PM
both games will be the 21st, the sat. cant play it on the 14th with U21 final and def cant be the 15th as it would be unfair to both ballycastle and cushendall to play the game with so many players playing the day before.

cant be played on the22nd as is that not the all ireland football day? would be a closed day for all club fixtures.

sad thing is our camogs play the senior semi final as well that day with Portgleone!

Could do with a few of them for the senior lads ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

dont even temp them MR2! LOL
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: The Memory Man on September 04, 2013, 12:46:17 PM
Typical North Antrim response!  Never worry about the bog ballers!! ;)  The sooner we embrace all GAA activity in the county and give up the self promotion, selfishness and work for the greater good we're going nowhere.  I would like to think even a handful of North Antrim Gaels (sorry hurling people!) might have a passing interest in the All Ireland Football Finals?  Maybe I'm just being naive?

now now, were not the only dual club left in the senior hurling at the min!  ;D ballycastle and ourselves have a vested interest in the football final.

were big clubs you see  :P ;D
hurl like f**k boi!