Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jftj

cdalls defence was rock solid yday with aaron graffin at full back particularly impressive.i think this could be their year.

Jesusjones

Graffin is impressive every time he walks onto a hurling field. Its the other lads arround him we need to impress if we are going to win anything.

CitySlicker11

I was at both games in Lamh Dhearg both unfolded as expected unfortunately but the Belfast teams should get stronger over the next few years (I hope)

Dunloy are nearly suited to playing against the wind as they rarely look for long ball in to their full forward line, they prefer to move it along the lines. They are still strong and I would expect a big performance from them in the semi. Should be played at Loughgiel.

Cushendall have steady performers in Graffin and McManus. Shane can blow hot and cold but took his goal very well.

Antrim u14s done very well at the weekend which was great to see. We really need to work on these youngsters. Get them playing lots of games all over the country like the minor teams that Woody and Sambo took. Just hope they get funded for trips like those.

saffron89

hoping for ballycastle to host cushendall against Dunloy as with a bigger crowd it offers better viewing for all spectators and I assume we will be for armoy to watch the town against loughgiel 

could armoy take both games as a double header I wonder ???????????/

it would be better than lamh dearg still the same run down look with the ball catching nets and pitch is certainly outside the top 10 in the county

Cushendall v good parking areas last nite with the area just across the road

Sleeping giant

I'd think loughgiel for c dall v Dunloy
Prob Armoy or Dall for are game with the town. Am going for repeat of last years final.    I'd also be happy enough with the same outcome  :D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

gelvis

Anybody else hearing talk of the Derry teams moving into the Antrim leagues for next year?
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Jesusjones

Sure ask the moderator on the Antrim site, he'll give you an honest answer :P

Seamroga in exile

What about  Glenravel for the dall/dunloy game?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

God no I don't want eaten alive! Lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 02, 2013, 08:07:00 PM
God no I don't want eaten alive! Lol
:)

It looks like the windy hill for yis then.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

I don't like Glenravel at all, pitch is far too short. They could always catch a grip of themselves and open Casement for a double header or would that be too simple?

Sleeping giant

Why take 4 north Antrim teams all the way up there for a semi,  would use not be happy with loughgiel or Ballycastle JJ?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: gelvis on September 02, 2013, 06:26:55 PM
Anybody else hearing talk of the Derry teams moving into the Antrim leagues for next year?

They were invited into the Antrim leagues last year. Only one team took up the offer.

scamroc

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2013, 08:47:11 PM
I don't like Glenravel at all, pitch is far too short. They could always catch a grip of themselves and open Casement for a double header or would that be too simple?

You serious? Glenravels pitch is one of the biggest in the county. Needs to be so you can run away from the feckin' midgies! It's not an option though, maintainence work starting on the pitches next week.

theskull1

Quote from: scamroc on September 02, 2013, 09:35:52 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2013, 08:47:11 PM

You serious? Glenravels pitch is one of the biggest in the county. Needs to be so you can run away from the feckin' midgies! It's not an option though, maintainence work starting on the pitches next week.

In case you werent joking.....take a wee run over omerbane and have a look yourself. Glenravels pitch is as short if not shorter than lamh deargs.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera