Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: shawshank on August 29, 2013, 02:18:54 PM
I haven't ignored what you said, I understand what u wrote, buy you have done what many Gaa folk do, is treat our players with little respect, just like the Rossa manager. Player should mostly be first in any consideration.

All I can do is read your words ....and you (by not commenting on anything I'd said) ignored my comments

In bold .... its all a bit black and white for my liking. There are shades of grey when it comes to looking for respect. If Antrim had lost on Saturday after poor preparation prior to the game like they've done every other year...we would be bemoaning the players effort and everyone who seen it as a waste of time like it was every other year would have had a point. Thats all been turned on its head since they've won. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 29, 2013, 11:38:28 AM
Mind games? With Davy Fitz? Good luck with that one.

I mean mind games within the Antrim set up or towards croke park - not at Davey Fitz.

More importantly - I read joe Edwards article and spoke to 2 different Rossa men who were at pains to point out;

- the offer to change their game was made the day before it!
- the move to midweek would have ruled out other players who had flown to play the originĂ l fixture
- a midweek game would have been a few days before they play hurling championship
- the player was put in this position by the county fixtures not by them
- the player chose to play for Rossa

Hardstation might enlighten us more here?

Both myself and a previous poster alluded to Antrim now engaging in PR attempt to cover up the mockery they have made of the original set up - lo and behold!

Otherwise - I am still incredulous that anyone expects a club to play a championship match without a player they essentially created - for a county team. Why should rossa / st galls / and anyone else not fight their corner for their biggest day of the year! how can they be criticised for that! This is in total contradiction to the ethos of the GAA. That's a fact - the official guide describes the club as the "core unit". Are we seriously suggesting two different strands here?! The whole notion is incomprehensible!

This situation was caused by Antrim making the fixtures at the same time - lets not lose sight of that.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 29, 2013, 04:12:11 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 29, 2013, 11:38:28 AM
Mind games? With Davy Fitz? Good luck with that one.

I mean mind games within the Antrim set up or towards croke park - not at Davey Fitz.

More importantly - I read joe Edwards article and spoke to 2 different Rossa men who were at pains to point out;

- the offer to change their game was made the day before it!
- the move to midweek would have ruled out other players who had flown to play the originĂ l fixture
- a midweek game would have been a few days before they play hurling championship
- the player was put in this position by the county fixtures not by them
- the player chose to play for Rossa

Hardstation might enlighten us more here?

Both myself and a previous poster alluded to Antrim now engaging in PR attempt to cover up the mockery they have made of the original set up - lo and behold!

Otherwise - I am still incredulous that anyone expects a club to play a championship match without a player they essentially created - for a county team. Why should rossa / st galls / and anyone else not fight their corner for their biggest day of the year! how can they be criticised for that! This is in total contradiction to the ethos of the GAA. That's a fact - the official guide describes the club as the "core unit". Are we seriously suggesting two different strands here?! The whole notion is incomprehensible!

This situation was caused by Antrim making the fixtures at the same time - lets not lose sight of that.

Also looking ahead to the championship semi finals, are they now being moved?

theskull1

The pie fight has started
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

The county are in charge here, why didn't Joe just move it to the next day and take it out of Rossa's hands?

Saffrongael

I see a current board member congratulated the Antrim board, for their piece in the Irish News today, and slated those that criticised them for playing games last week.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

manballandall

If I were Ross's I would be very quick to contact the Irish news and set the story straight. No surprise that some elements, important elements , of the story were left out by Joe to make the county look faultless .

Seamroga in exile

It's loughgiel's fault.   ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Quote from: manballandall on August 29, 2013, 08:59:50 PM
If I were Ross's I would be very quick to contact the Irish news and set the story straight. No surprise that some elements, important elements , of the story were left out by Joe to make the county look faultless .

Precisely - it's the PR spin that was predicted to prevent them being exposed as incompetent in the press - again.
That's administration in Antrim - always in the media and never for good reasons.
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...........

saffron89

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 29, 2013, 09:13:56 PM
It's loughgiel's fault.   ;)

are you not getting tired of the world against loughgiel SIE routine or everyone has our laim public enemy number 1

looking for a little comfort in my bet

percentage wise how would you rate the Shams chances of winning the championship this year

AS for JOE EDWARDS.  GOOD GOD ONLY IN ANTRIM would that clown get such a position

the st pauls brigade would only just trust him with keeping scores back in the day

north aontroim gael

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2013, 01:26:30 AM
More on Joe Edwards' mad world....

A fella takes an Antrim underage development squad who are invited down to a tournament in Waterford. He makes all the plans but then realises his club are playing championship that day and he is due to play in the game. He approaches Joe and asks if the game can be put back a day to the Sunday.

The reply is short and sweet, "No and you shouldn't be in charge of development squads".

What an asshole.

What a tosser.  Why is it that a substantial proportion of administrators within the GAA have so much arrogance and a false sense of superiority over other gaels?  Its as if they are doing us a favour and allowing us to play, coach and spectate.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: hardstation on August 29, 2013, 05:49:07 PM
And there's more.....

It transpired shortly before that that Moneyglass are attempting to claim the points for the senior football game we got called off due to an Ulster U21 championship game being on at the same time. Despite granting it, the county then started hmming and haaing.
That's complete bullshit.

Although Moneyglass were never told about the game being postponed until they arrived at the ground.

btdtgtt

Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 30, 2013, 08:58:49 AM

A fella takes an Antrim underage development squad who are invited down to a tournament in Waterford. He makes all the plans but then realises his club are playing championship that day and he is due to play in the game. He approaches Joe and asks if the game can be put back a day to the Sunday.

The reply is short and sweet, "No and you shouldn't be in charge of development squads".

What an asshole.

What a t**ser.  Why is it that a substantial proportion of administrators within the GAA have so much arrogance and a false sense of superiority over other gaels?  Its as if they are doing us a favour and allowing us to play, coach and spectate.

+1
A phenomenen exhibited in Antrim more than any other county I suggest.
Perhaps explained when we look at the history of many of our administrators - where they came from to get the jobs!
Many of them have no grounding, no history - they are fabricated into positions through years of manipulating.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 30, 2013, 09:30:09 AM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 30, 2013, 08:58:49 AM

What an asshole.

What a t**ser.  Why is it that a substantial proportion of administrators within the GAA have so much arrogance and a false sense of superiority over other gaels?  Its as if they are doing us a favour and allowing us to play, coach and spectate.

+1
A phenomenen exhibited in Antrim more than any other county I suggest.
Perhaps explained when we look at the history of many of our administrators - where they came from to get the jobs!
Many of them have no grounding, no history - they are fabricated into positions through years of manipulating.

I don't see a lot of people putting their heads on the block in fairness, shit job and wouldn't do it if ya paid me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

optimus cheese

I think there's a real chance he could be the next chairman. Getting visions of the episode of Fr Ted when Dougal was in charge of a funeral, the hearse is halfway in the grave and on fire.