Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 28, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
Playing the skin flute in Thurles would be the only thing you played btdtgtt Lol! As I have previously stated you obviously under achieved in your limited playing career in the gaa, it just got too competitive after U12 didn't it?

Zzzzzz - boring.
When you lack the intelligence for a coherent argument just try some personal abuse.
Attempted abuse from an anonymous person to another anonymous person - the height of ur intellect.
Stick to gossip sections women's magazines maybe.
Seems about your level never mind U12.

jftj

i think ryan is just trying to build up a siege mentality.think he knows rightly game wont get moved.it worked for tyrone for 30 mins

btdtgtt

Quote from: jftj on August 28, 2013, 11:36:39 PM
i think ryan is just trying to build up a siege mentality.think he knows rightly game wont get moved.it worked for tyrone for 30 mins

Quite likely - he's using it in some way because nobody in their right minds can take the boycott threat seriously.

Jesusjones

Quote from: jftj on August 28, 2013, 11:36:39 PM

A siege mentality? Why would he need to try and manufacture something which isn't there? It isn't as if the players need extra motivation to play in Antrim's first u21 final in our history?

btdtgtt

Any oul angle that works just JJ ya never know what slant he'll be putting on it.
I'm sure even going into major the bigger counties always had another slant.
I seen on Twitter yesterday Frankie Quinn made reference to mind games surrounding the issue.
At this stage I just think it would be best put to bed and lets have all publicity about celebrating Antrim in an AIF!

Jesusjones

Mind games? With Davy Fitz? Good luck with that one.

NAG1

Are times confirmed for the games at the weekend?

theskull1

On the Antrim website
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

shawshank

I read Joe Edwards has hit back saying that the CCC had been in contact with each of the clubs who had players invovled with the u21 hurlers to move the football fixture to accomadate the hurlers. Rossa as it turns out put their own player into the difficult situation by not agreeing to move their fixture, 'expecting their player to play with them' Shame on Rossa

theskull1

Lets get some perspective here
AI U21 hurling preparations and performances in Antrim have been pretty dire for as longs as its been a competition.

This may have been the reasoning of Rossas football mentors who (based on historical information, current poor attendances at U21 training and don't forget the bookie odds) thought the journey to Thurles was going to be a pointless endeavor not worth moving a club championship game which they had made plans for.

...then again ...he might just of been a bit of a ballecks

shawshank

Bottom line, the club put their own player in the a very difficult position, and not the county board as we were lead to believe. If I was the player and found out how this had went I would soon be letting my club know exactly how I felt about the respect they had shown me!

theskull1

OK just ignore what I've just said

shawshank

I haven't ignored what you said, I understand what u wrote, buy you have done what many Gaa folk do, is treat our players with little respect, just like the Rossa manager. Player should mostly be first in any consideration.

NAG1

Quote from: shawshank on August 29, 2013, 02:18:54 PM
I haven't ignored what you said, I understand what u wrote, buy you have done what many Gaa folk do, is treat our players with little respect, just like the Rossa manager. Player should mostly be first in any consideration.

Is this not an issue for the Rossa club then? And not all clubs in general?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 29, 2013, 02:29:04 PM
Quote from: shawshank on August 29, 2013, 02:18:54 PM

Is this not an issue for the Rossa club then? And not all clubs in general?

Generalizing are we? Either way, both maybe wrong County could have taken the stance and moved it to give the county team it's players and the clubs not lose out (as we didn't have Jackson for the Moneyglass game) and Rossa could have said no to McGuinness you're one of our better players and we don't want you playing against Rossa. Will the county move the fixtures fixed for the 14th? Or will they leave that for the clubs to decide?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea