Dunloy v Rossa - Dunloy by 9
Cushendall v St Johns - Cushendall by 4
Ballycastle v Glenariffe - Ballycastle by 12

Intermediate Championship:

Carey V Gortnamona - Carey by 6
Sarsfields v Clooney - Clooney by 2
Rasharkin v Armoy - Armoy by 5
Lamh Dhearg v St Pauls - lamh Dhearg by 4

You are very confident of winning this one! Gorts, while not as good this while back have some quality players and if they hit a bitta form could win, Lamhs St Pauls will be very close, could go either way. Sarsfields destroyed Gaels at the Bear pit but the Gales will be a bit better this time round but I expect Sarsfields to win by 5+, Armoy should tank Rasharkin
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Just a few random thoughts on the U21 debacle:

1) Antrim have a valid point in complaining about the venue - but this is not the same as saying they are right.
2) bringing the game to Parnell (if even an ulster venue) would result in more "casual" antr
Supporters

But;

3) if a hurling game is not in croke park - Thurles is the next most prestigious venue
4) this venue has been used for several years - the teams involved may or may not affect this
5) we've already went there and won
6) the geography / travel time argument is open to many comparisons and contrast across all fixtures - it's impossible to have consistency across the board.
7) I can't help but think of the fuss caused about the venue and wonder of our county officials were so pro-active before the Wexford game.

What I can say for sure however is that any notion of a boycott is disgraceful.
Even if its a bargaining position - it's still disgraceful.
It's an all-Ireland final! U give it the honour and status it deserves regardless of who is playing and where it is played!
The notion of a boycott gives entirely the wrong impression - and even as a bargaining point will not work.

Anyway - like I say - just a few random thoughts.

Long run the Faughs

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2013, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: Long run the Faughs on August 28, 2013, 01:40:08 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 28, 2013, 12:33:25 PM
Weekend Predictions

Loughgiel v Cloughmills - Loughgiel by 20+
Dunloy v Rossa - Dunloy by 6
Cushendall v St Johns - Cushendall by 7
Ballycastle v Glenariffe - Ballycastle by 6

Anybody see any upsets?

I don't see any upsets, maybe bigger margins though

Loughgiel v Cloghmills - Loughgiel by 25

You are very confident of winning this one! Gorts, while not as good this while back have some quality players and if they hit a bitta form could win, Lamhs St Pauls will be very close, could go either way. Sarsfields destroyed Gaels at the Bear pit but the Gales will be a bit better this time round but I expect Sarsfields to win by 5+, Armoy should tank Rasharkin

Our boys are certainly not taking gortnamona lightly, championship is all about on the day and we are not fooled by our respective league positions, gorts is always a tough game but I fancy Carey to come through. Clooney are probably the form team in div 2 this last couple of months and have raced up the league to 4th, have hit form at the rite time, depends which Sarsfields turn up really. Lamh V St Pauls certainly a toss of a coin although Lamh dhearg have got the bulk of their players back so should have enough to tip the scale their way. Armoy playing in the higher league should certainly take out Rasharkin

Seamroga in exile

Compared to yesteryear, Thurles is a doddle. I don't know what the fuss is about. A great venue and a great town.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Long run the Faughs on August 28, 2013, 02:01:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2013, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: Long run the Faughs on August 28, 2013, 01:40:08 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 28, 2013, 12:33:25 PM
Weekend Predictions

Loughgiel v Cloughmills - Loughgiel by 20+
Dunloy v Rossa - Dunloy by 6
Cushendall v St Johns - Cushendall by 7
Ballycastle v Glenariffe - Ballycastle by 6

Anybody see any upsets?

I don't see any upsets, maybe bigger margins though

Loughgiel v Cloghmills - Loughgiel by 25

Our boys are certainly not taking gortnamona lightly, championship is all about on the day and we are not fooled by our respective league positions, gorts is always a tough game but I fancy Carey to come through. Clooney are probably the form team in div 2 this last couple of months and have raced up the league to 4th, have hit form at the rite time, depends which Sarsfields turn up really. Lamh V St Pauls certainly a toss of a coin although Lamh dhearg have got the bulk of their players back so should have enough to tip the scale their way. Armoy playing in the higher league should certainly take out Rasharkin

Yeah If Clooney have PJ playing they will have a better chance, big team and fight to the end, I like that about them. Srasfields have the McKeran's young McKenna and the bulk of the good under 21 team playing for them. I'll be at your game though so we'll see how we judge the game afterwards ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 28, 2013, 02:04:11 PM
Compared to yesteryear, Thurles is a doddle. I don't know what the fuss is about. A great venue and a great town.  ;)

Miracle, we agree on something :o

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 28, 2013, 01:57:55 PM

1) Antrim have a valid point in complaining about the venue - but this is not the same as saying they are right.
2) bringing the game to Parnell (if even an ulster venue) would result in more "casual" antr
Supporters

But;

3) if a hurling game is not in croke park - Thurles is the next most prestigious venue
4) this venue has been used for several years - the teams involved may or may not affect this
6) the geography / travel time argument is open to many comparisons and contrast across all fixtures - it's impossible to have consistency across the board.
7) I can't help but think of the fuss caused about the venue and wonder of our county officials were so pro-active before the Wexford game.

It's an all-Ireland final! U give it the honour and status it deserves regardless of who is playing and where it is played!
The notion of a boycott gives entirely the wrong impression - and even as a bargaining point will not work.

Again I read the biggest load of bull from you! You should join the Antrim Post FFS, Ulster hurling is treated like 2nd Class citizens and the sooner someone in Armagh grows a pair the better. Those devalera fckrs always look to stick it to us at every opportunity, and all we do is continually run cap in hand, just like you do on this site week in week out.

theskull1

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 28, 2013, 03:21:25 PM
Again I read the biggest load of bull from you! You should join the Antrim Post FFS, Ulster hurling is treated like 2nd Class citizens and the sooner someone in Armagh grows a pair the better. Those devalera fckrs always look to stick it to us at every opportunity, and all we do is continually run cap in hand, just like you do on this site week in week out.

::)

What did Clare do last year when in a similar position
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

manballandall

Am I missing something? The venue has been set for thurles for a few years now. The only exception was when Tipp got to the final and it was moved however after that it was stated it would be played in Thurles irrespective who was involved. So what is the issue? Do we want preferential treatment to the other 31 counties. We rant on about being treated fairly yet we are now crying as we are being hard done by , like poor wee Antrim . The venue wasn't decided after the semi , it's been set long before Antrim won. What amazes even more was Ryan's ridiculous outburst. I couldn't believe what I was reading. To come out and say that the boys had no chance was outrageous. What does that say to players? Maybe it was mind games but should have been handled differently

btdtgtt

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 28, 2013, 03:21:25 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on August 28, 2013, 01:57:55 PM

Supporters

But;

Laughable!
It's all a free-state conspiracy to keep us nordies British!
Nobody likes us - they are all out to get us!
I pity you.

Tell me this - where do you think the game should be played?

Croke Park?
Get a suitable date, personally I would rather a Thurles atmosphere to an echo in empty Croker.

Parnell?
Thurles has more tradition and status in a year than in the history of this ground. Or tullamore, or mullingar.

Casement?
So Thurles is too far for us but they can come here because they can play charity with an all-Ireland final. Yeah that's logic.

I've never played in an all-Ireland final but I have played in Thurles. If I was on this squad I couldn't wait to get into those changing rooms and out on the carpet to the the home of hurling.
Sorry if its too far for you to travel.

But if it helps - blame de Valera, blame Collins, the blueshirts, and all the rest.
It's a free state conspiracy! Pathetic.

I really don't care - it's all about an all-Ireland final to me - quit the fuss on the venue.
After all - we're on a winning streak down amongst all those devil free staters in Thurles.

Wise up you goat.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 28, 2013, 02:38:08 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 28, 2013, 02:04:11 PM

Miracle, we agree on something :o
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jeepers Creepers

Bate them in their own backyard (sort of)  :)

saffron89

I'd say with the Cushendalls form at present they would be favourites but like I say would like to see how shams deal with the town.  if it was the loughgiel of those past days yes they would be favourites, beginning to think they are a little stale.  want to see them again. 

as for thurles being a nice town.  on a summers day for a big game yes.  but a bit of a shithole in all honesty

plus the fact it is and hour and a half the wrong side of Dublin for us

Minder

Quote from: manballandall on August 28, 2013, 05:29:36 PM
Am I missing something? The venue has been set for thurles for a few years now. The only exception was when Tipp got to the final and it was moved however after that it was stated it would be played in Thurles irrespective who was involved. So what is the issue? Do we want preferential treatment to the other 31 counties. We rant on about being treated fairly yet we are now crying as we are being hard done by , like poor wee Antrim . The venue wasn't decided after the semi , it's been set long before Antrim won. What amazes even more was Ryan's ridiculous outburst. I couldn't believe what I was reading. To come out and say that the boys had no chance was outrageous. What does that say to players? Maybe it was mind games but should have been handled differently

Yeah the behaviour of the Antrim board is becoming a bit of an embarrassment.

I know if I was a player I would rather play in Thurles than somewhere like Parnell. Thurles is set as the venue for U-21 finals, unless Tipp are in the final. I wonder did they enquire about changing the final venue before the semi? They would be better looking forward to a once in a blue moon occasion instead of this bleating about ill treatment of Antrim hurling. They dished out a bit of ill treatment themselves last weekend, by scheduling football championship.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ManInBlackandGreen

Playing the skin flute in Thurles would be the only thing you played btdtgtt Lol! As I have previously stated you obviously under achieved in your limited playing career in the gaa, it just got too competitive after U12 didn't it?