Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 26, 2013, 10:41:40 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2013, 01:03:39 AM
Quote from: hardstation on August 26, 2013, 12:50:17 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2013, 12:36:00 AM
Quote from: hardstation on August 25, 2013, 09:53:05 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 25, 2013, 06:56:21 PM
I agree that blame lies with county ccc but I just can't imagine any player in the big hurling counties opting for club over county if the situation arose. Most clubs would encourage their players to play foe county in big games, its not like Antrim or Rossa are big football powerhouses
Yeah because Antrim are a hurling powerhouse. Take yerself for a walk ffs. Disgrace that the young lad was put in such a position. The Club v County debate comes up on this board every now and again. Everyone says club.

Ha ha ha ha feckin ha. Laughin my balls off. When are Antrim footballers going to ever reach all Ireland football final. Never that's when, but yous are in a hurling final. And as someone else said here your view on club v county is a refection on the prevailing outlook within the county and one of the main reasons Antrim underachieves.
Go away, you idiot. A young fella was put in a horrible predicament by HIS COUNTY. A county which gave so little a fcuk about the U21 AI semi final that they decided to play club championship games at the same time. He decided to play with his club. And a Derry man coming on here pontificating that club v county is the reason why we underachieve is laughable, ha ha ha ha feckin ha.

How tiresome. Lets not go down the derry v Antrim debate, you'd lose of hard facts. Yes he shouldn't have been put in position I have not said anything different but I just can't understand why you'd choose second rate club football for a pot at all Ireland. Ps please refrain from insults, it brings down the tone and makes you sound frustrated and immature

Well the Antrim club champions are tired of beating second rate Derry champions lately, if we are second rate whats that make Derry?

I was referring to Rossa. They are a great club proven by their double féile win this year but they aren't going to win Antrim anytime soon. They are away off senior championship pace in Derry too, but anyhow football bores me to death.  There you go the cat is out of the bag im a football hater, I admit it, im blinded by my disdain of it. Bust all the big balls and I'll be happy

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 26, 2013, 09:28:15 PM
no reason why these fixtures couldnt be moved.the county have ruined about 4 fellas chances of starting an all ireland final.there are some plonkers in casement holding important positions who are never held responsible for their idiotic actions.whenever u complain about it on county website,the plonker never prints it.these guys bury their heads in the sand,pat each other on the back and tell each other theyre doin a great job when they couldnt be any further away from the truth.

Couldn't agree more!

Also I find it really worrying that someone on here actually suggested a player should choose against playing senior championship for his club - how far have we come!

Worrying come off it. Syrias worrying not this.

btdtgtt

Worrying in GAA terms - I didn't think I would need to point that out given the fact I'm posting on a GAA board you muppet.
Also - the ability level of my Rossa friends (!) is irrelevant! As if there's one decision for top clubs and another for players of lesser clubs! Club is club - end of.
I find that notion - worrying.

saffron89

surely venue yet to be decided  thurles isn't exactly neutral

any mention of why county board and so many fixtures on this weekend when u21 were in a semi

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 26, 2013, 10:19:44 PM
Worrying in GAA terms - I didn't think I would need to point that out given the fact I'm posting on a GAA board you muppet.
Also - the ability level of my Rossa friends (!) is irrelevant! As if there's one decision for top clubs and another for players of lesser clubs! Club is club - end of.
I find that notion - worrying.

Yes there is a differnce. The harsh truth is this, ok its not all about winning, I should know my club are minnows to Rossa( who I greatly admire btw) but if your club doesn't stand a chance and a young guy gets a shot to make an all ireland would you not say right lad go for it and good luck. Anyhow its good for Antrim that yous have the predicament to deal with, the young lad must be very good

Minder

Quote from: saffron89 on August 26, 2013, 10:25:30 PM
surely venue yet to be decided  thurles isn't exactly neutral

any mention of why county board and so many fixtures on this weekend when u21 were in a semi

All u-21 finals set for Thurles as far as I know, unless Tipp are in the final after Galway having to play Tipp in Thurles in the final a couple of years ago.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gizzy15

Quote from: hardstation on August 26, 2013, 10:39:36 PM
Oh aye, he said "Can you keep your head still please".

I get the feeling your shoulders were bopping up n down trying to contain urself, need to call in to c that barber see if he has any good news for other champ outsiders(us)just.. need some hair first

btdtgtt

I think cushendall will end up beating the johnnies handy enough. The fact us that come championship time there's still a big difference between the sides.

Dunloy v Rossa could turn out to be a massacre. Rossa have always been considered the city side most likely to shock - but I think that ship has sailed.

Glensman

http://clarehurlersforum.proboards.com/thread/1478?page=7

Pretty good motivation right there.

Hopefully they are given the ability by the clubs to do some good collective training over the next few weeks. Tough timing with club championships so will take a bit of working together.

Think there should be a bit of a push to get it moved from Thurles this week then if not run with it. At least they have no fear of playing there!

Amazing what a win can do!

Na Glinntí Glasa

munster venue and munster ref as well?

would that happen at senior level?
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Watched a good bit of the U-21 game on TG4 and Antrim were well worth their victory even though I though Wexford got a few soft decisions near the end when it was down to 3 points. Antrim played some good smart hurling and took some nice points, The dropped in goal was certainly a gift, Clarke took his goal well and that was the platform for the win, but Antrim never panicked and if anything Wexford played into Antrims hands by pumping high ball into big Donnelly who took it and more.

Well done Antrim.

As for young lads being put in a position where they had to pick club championship over an AI semi-final, that's just plain ridiculous and something the Antrim county board should be taken to task over it by the powers that be in Croke park.

On a slightly different note, Kevin Ryan in his interview after the game was slightly bemused by the win and jokingly referred to the poor preparation the team had collectively and he'd have to rethink his ideas on how to prepare a team.
IMO he's hit the nail on the head a bit as if the clubs preparations are good, players getting plenty of competitive club games, then the onus on them going to county trainings and getting the písh run out of them again is not required. It'd should be more geared to getting them to gel together as a team and any tactical plans that need put in place.

Maybe senior inter-county pre NHL training could be more focused on fitness etc, but now at that level players should be turning up fit.

The down side of the victory is that the Clare outfit are a very, very good side and you'd fear the worst, but the up side of that is that the Antrim lads have nothing to lose and give it a good rattle.

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on August 27, 2013, 09:13:38 AM

On a slightly different note, Kevin Ryan in his interview after the game was slightly bemused by the win and jokingly referred to the poor preparation the team had collectively and he'd have to rethink his ideas on how to prepare a team.
IMO he's hit the nail on the head a bit as if the clubs preparations are good, players getting plenty of competitive club games, then the onus on them going to county trainings and getting the písh run out of them again is not required. It'd should be more geared to getting them to gel together as a team and any tactical plans that need put in place.

Maybe senior inter-county pre NHL training could be more focused on fitness etc, but now at that level players should be turning up fit.

Do you think he knows he's hit the nail on the head JC? I wouldnt be so sure. I've (and others) said many times over the years we should be giving this a go. More chance of getting the best 21 players to represent if they werent burdened with all the travelling to training
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on August 27, 2013, 10:21:36 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 27, 2013, 09:13:38 AM

Do you think he knows he's hit the nail on the head JC? I wouldnt be so sure. I've (and others) said many times over the years we should be giving this a go. More chance of getting the best 21 players to represent if they werent burdened with all the travelling to training

Not to be looking back with 20 20 hindsight but it is no coincidence that as good performance comes from these boys a week or so out from club championships when they are all fit and their hurling should be up to a good level.