Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Never doubt the wisdom of sie.  ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 09, 2013, 10:48:30 AM
He quit and retired (Came from his own mouth) and guess what, he's back again!

Antrim hurling is saved! Lol

The James Brown of hurling
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

You referring to Casement HS?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 09, 2013, 10:49:32 AM
Never doubt the wisdom of sie.  ;D

Sore ankle or not there was more to the story. May be no one else's business than Loughgiel's and I am not digging, fishing, giving abuse to anyone in particular here but how can it not have a detrimental effect on team morale if there is a completely different set of rules for one player than the rest?

More of a general point this that speaking about Winker but he is a prime example. Most teams/clubs have at least one like this but is there ever a breaking point where someone is not allowed back in the camp?

They beat St Galls handy and should stroll to the final unless Ballycastle put up resistance but is it fair that those who trained hard to date, played v St Galls etc will have to make way.

Appreciate that "fair" doesn't win championships but just not sure how it can't effect team morale?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Things like that tend to do that glensman. maybe Lgiel players have just come to accpet that he will turn up, leave, not be fit to play due his weekends etc. its seems to be the trend for the past number of years.

i know our club does drop players who miss training

its hard not to play a brilliant player, no matter what his problems may be. on a field hes a class act, off it, well thats his personal business and nothing to do with the rest of us.
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

The training didn't start in earnest until the start of June. Liam played/trained when he and the rest of the panel were under no obligation to do so before this Time. He also was about until recently. He injured his ankle. During this time he may or may not have contemplated retiring. As he has the right to do. Thankfully he'll be back to training next week. No conspiracy, no big story. Move along now, nothing to see here.  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

lol to be fair when i heard about it, i just laughed and rolled my eyes.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 09, 2013, 12:55:25 PM
lol to be fair when i heard about it, i just laughed and rolled my eyes.

Much the same as myself...

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 09, 2013, 12:49:38 PM
The training didn't start in earnest until the start of June. Liam played/trained when he and the rest of the panel were under no obligation to do so before this Time. He also was about until recently. He injured his ankle. During this time he may or may not have contemplated retiring. As he has the right to do. Thankfully he'll be back to training next week. No conspiracy, no big story. Move along now, nothing to see here.  ;)
Was the ankle injury serious? Was that why he missed the St Galls game?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 09, 2013, 02:15:47 PM
Was the ankle injury serious? Was that why he missed the St Galls game?
I would assume so.

Just Puck It

SIE if he wasn't able to hurl with an ankle injury, how was he able to play for Ballymoney United last Friday?

saffron89

could someone tell me is Casement shut and no more games in it

or will we all be there for the county final etc

when does work start or will it sit for a year or 2

reckon the town have progessed well BUT a little behind the big three.  Cushendall shaping up for it and I think it will be one hell of a final against the shams possibly in ballycastle

Nice to see MR2 as prickly as ever regards Referees playing for draws  Reckon very few SET OUT AT START of the game to do it.  With that point I do agree

fair play Jackie, look forward to seeing a display from him.  wouldn't have been his biggest fan but knowing him he will have a more down to earth persona than a few.  No fingers at you however MR2 so stand down.

MR2 what stance do you take when management start slabbering at you from the sideline.   

manballandall

No big secret. He gives as good as he gets and sometimes better ha. He's in Donegal tonight so probably won't pay to access the Internet whilst down south;)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on August 09, 2013, 11:25:19 AM
Anybody think we'll be looking for a new County Chairman & County Secretary soon after their recent balls up?
Don't let the gate hit youse on the way out.

what happened HS
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

The whole casement issue is some debacle alright - altho I have to say I'm sympathetic as I feel the carrot if free money / free stadium has steam rolled legitimate concerns and the broader issues.
A new shiny stadium is not a panacea in fact I see it as a solution without a problem!

As for the other matter - I can't believe it's just another year and another Liam Watson saga!

Are him and the mc gourty's from st galls related!

It's non-stop! Please save us this annual attention seeking & giving over people who don't deserve it!