Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Just Puck It on July 22, 2013, 08:18:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 22, 2013, 08:03:06 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on July 22, 2013, 05:57:33 PM
If your looking for a South Antrim venue for championship hurling what about Queens place? Sure does it not have a good stand and all the rest?

Top spot

Great set up, good playing surface and more car parking than Casement or Lamh Dearg.  Only downside is that it's too short.  There's only one 65' which marks the midfield I think, which I've heard is posing problems for Queens hosting the Sigerson and Fitzgibbon next year.

Aye that's what i thought but had hoped with all the work they had done they'd extended the pitch?? Silly if they haven't
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Still no sign of any work in casement so I wouldn't be surprised if the games end up there anyway.

Just Puck It

Quote from: theskull1 on July 22, 2013, 10:11:18 PM
Thats unbelievable

Think GAA was an after thought in the planning and it's primarily used for soccer and rugby. 

NAG1

Quote from: Just Puck It on July 22, 2013, 10:56:53 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on July 22, 2013, 10:11:18 PM
Thats unbelievable

Think GAA was an after thought in the planning and it's primarily used for soccer and rugby.

Its perfectly suitable for football but for hurling it is definitely too small.

culchie11

Championship fixtures for 1st round are up on county website go under hurling then championship.
Only 1st round but better than nothing!

Quarter finals are weekend of 31st aug/1st sept

Semis are weekend of 14th/15th sept

SHC final is sun 29th sept.

IHC/JHC finals are both 21/22 sept.

Jesusjones

Looking forward to September already!!! Any predictions?

NAG1

Quote from: Jesusjones on July 24, 2013, 12:26:32 PM

So that will be the Ulster Championship the following weekend then after the county final?

btdtgtt

Loughgiel will beat either Dunloy or cushendall in the final.
How novel.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 24, 2013, 03:03:06 PM

Loughgiel will beat either Dunloy or cushendall in the final.
How novel.

Still is quite novel taking into account recent history btdtgtt  ;)

Leyland

I'd say big pj was only one getting an email from county board regarding dates for Ulster club. It's there's to lose in my honest opinion. Loughgiel will win their 4th in a row beating cushendall in a feisty encounter. The rest are making up numbers.

On another note I heard that there was an injury concern in shamrocks camp. Any truth?

Glensman

Quote from: Leyland on July 24, 2013, 07:29:57 PM
I'd say big pj was only one getting an email from county board regarding dates for Ulster club. It's there's to lose in my honest opinion. Loughgiel will win their 4th in a row beating cushendall in a feisty encounter. The rest are making up numbers.

On another note I heard that there was an injury concern in shamrocks camp. Any truth?

Who?

NAG1

Your boys will need to improve Leyland if they are even going to make a dent in them that's for sure.

culchie11

There you go, a full list of championship fixtures & dates up on county website!!

Took a while but they got there, better than saying check with your club secretary lol

For a while there i thought that the office in casement had closed already for redevelopment lol

Leyland

Quote from: NAG1 on July 25, 2013, 08:06:52 AM

Your boys will need to improve Leyland if they are even going to make a dent in them that's for sure.

I certainly agree, but u can add dunloy to that as wel as all the other teams. No one to touch shams on what I've seen this season. We know wer not going to win a championship, but I can guarantee we will be competitive. We will get there eventually.