Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

It's loughgiel's fault.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Ha ha.  Very good. Everyone's aloud to tackle.  Height makes no difference. But, there's a tackle and then there's what was seen as a gutless dirty stroke on a nice fella who I'd say has never hit a dirty stroke in his life!  My question was, would it have happened if it was against a harder lad?        it's all about opinions on here, mines is that it wouldn't have. For the young pacey skillful lads the town has coming threw now,  I don't see why they were trying to go down that route last night.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Ballybredagh

Some of us have long memories and can recall Porky Boyle's hurling career being brought to an end by a despicable challenge by a Dunloy man. Was very sad to see one of Antrim's greatest taken out by someone who couldn't have laced his boots. Anyone else recall this, or maybe we should draw this discussion to a close!

Seamroga in exile

Dunloy had dirty hurlers? Never! Cushendall had dirty hurlers? Never! Ballycastle had dirty hurlers? Never! Loughgiel had dirty hurlers? Never!

Some hypocrisy on here lads. Time to wind this one down.  ;)

Sleeping giant

Of corse everyone has them.  Wasn't getting at town personally.  The topic was brough up.  I was giving an opinion like a few before me done!  It's a discussion board.   What else is it for but someone to say something.   Someone else to disagree,  And an argument or an agreement!     ::)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Argument  or discussion?

My point being, what's the point?

Kind of the same argument about Antrim hurling in general.  ;)

What's Jingo doing these days?

theskull1

Ballybredagh doing his best to deflect the discussion (with a terribly stupid and what looks like a fairly desperate response) because he doesn't like the charges inferred.

When individuals who lack 'reputation' are showing too much intent to play the man (the star player) rather than the ball it all smells a bit wiffy. That may not be the case .. but it looked strange.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mcquillans supporter

No harm to use Dunloy ones on here complaining about some hard hits in the game, but at the end of the end of the day Dunloy number 4 was the cause of that whole row that happened in the first half, also think after him getting booked he then went on to have about 4 or 5 other fouls so he was lucky to still b on the pitch, use talking about Ballycastle players being to wound up for the game , well did Dunloy number 4 go out to play hurling, not a chance because every time Saul got the ball he either skinned him or was fouled , we all like a hard game of hurling with big hits , but all Ballycastle hits were there when the ball was there.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Row didn't start until Marty tried to take shortys head off. End of. Game was completely flat till then with nothin happening.
Also Matty never even got booked. Say what you like it was a shocking challenge which he fully intended to take shorty out regardless of what 'hard men' played for dunloy lgiel cdall 10-20 years ago!
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Sounds like some carry on between the town and Dunloy! Two pure hurling sides from my experience!

Did portaferry beat Ballycran Johnny?

Any thoughts on the games this weekend?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 12, 2013, 07:24:43 PM
Sounds like some carry on between the town and Dunloy! Two pure hurling sides from my experience!

Did portaferry beat Ballycran Johnny?

Any thoughts on the games this weekend?
To be fair it wasn't. Much of a Match up until all the handbags and for about 5 mins after it. Ballycastle didn't play great IMO and struggled in their half forward line to get going.
That said I still think ballycastle have a lot more to give and have a wealth of talent at their hands.
hurl like f**k boi!

Mcquillans supporter

We're did the fight start, it was in Dunloy corner back, I didn't know Matthew Donnelly was playing corner forward for us, so how can u blame his tackle when it was at the other end of the field?

Ballybredagh

Skull 1. Do you recall the incident I'm referring to, late 90's early 00's, stand side in Casement. If not ask your manager, he'll recall it well. At a risk of repeating myself, a savage attack on one of Antrim's greatest. Check out the Antrim team of the century and you might understand. 

CitySlicker11

Ballycastle reaped the rewards of a 'tough' Dunloy side one year. Be grateful BallyBredagh

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on July 12, 2013, 10:44:49 PM
We're did the fight start, it was in Dunloy corner back, I didn't know Matthew Donnelly was playing corner forward for us, so how can u blame his tackle when it was at the other end of the field?
Fight started after Matty tried to take shortys head off. That was te trigger that got them all angry and slapping at each other. There wasn't a bad slap before that.
hurl like f**k boi!