Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: CastleCamog on July 10, 2013, 10:48:57 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 10, 2013, 10:09:39 PM
Dunloy 4-12 ballycastle 1-11. Tough game with a lot of nasty tackles. 
How shorty wasn't killed at the end up is anyone's guess. Matty tried to take his head off and didn't even get so much as a warning.
We had to take him off before someone ended his career!
Saul got a straight red and then sillily slapped c cunning as he was sent off which the ref told him would go in his report.
That said it wasn't that bad a game. We did play well and the goals made the difference. Ballycastle couldn't get their half forward line going at all.
Good win considering we were missing 3-4 starters.

DR ur being a little generous with the truth. Shorty was off very 5mins minimum and replaced by a blood sub as is the case in many senior games. He returned to the field of play and contributed significantly to dunloy's final tally......so hardly 'killed'. A very physical game, matched by both teams out there. Ropey refereeing played its part in things getting out of control. U win some, u lose some - not our night, Dunloy took their scores.

Maybe they where not trying to kill him,but Matty definitely tried to break his neck, when the ref refused to act on this it was a case of GET SHORTY(pardon the pun) for the rest of the match. Do you think mushy took him of the field to give him an ice cream. my guess is he thought  enough was enough. Ballycastle  had no interest in hurling tonight which is very uncharacteristic of them. Always where respected for there discipline but not tonight . Somebody had them to pumped up  me thinks. when the ref did nothing they took things up a gear.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Wasn't at our game but heard we were 5 up at half time only to lose by 8 points!!! dreadful ffs. Refereed Sarsfields Clooney Gaels, tight enough in the first half but Sarsfields won handy in the end and put up a big score also. Not a cross word all night and a easy game to ref, fair play to both teams for trying to hurl and leave the gurning aside.

Refereed a football match the other day, what a shower of gurnny cnuts,  the amount of slabbering was unreal, a bunch of poofs ffs!! But hey I caused it ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: CastleCamog on July 10, 2013, 10:48:57 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 10, 2013, 10:09:39 PM
Dunloy 4-12 ballycastle 1-11. Tough game with a lot of nasty tackles. 
How shorty wasn't killed at the end up is anyone's guess. Matty tried to take his head off and didn't even get so much as a warning.
We had to take him off before someone ended his career!
Saul got a straight red and then sillily slapped c cunning as he was sent off which the ref told him would go in his report.
That said it wasn't that bad a game. We did play well and the goals made the difference. Ballycastle couldn't get their half forward line going at all.
Good win considering we were missing 3-4 starters.

DR ur being a little generous with the truth. Shorty was off very 5mins minimum and replaced by a blood sub as is the case in many senior games. He returned to the field of play and contributed significantly to dunloy's final tally......so hardly 'killed'. A very physical game, matched by both teams out there. Ropey refereeing played its part in things getting out of control. U win some, u lose some - not our night, Dunloy took their scores.
We took him because he was dizzy and had blood running from his ear. He sat for 5 mins to check he was ok. He recovered and played on until the end where as per usual he was hacked down, scuffle and shortys face guard was completely ripped off.
It's not like ballycastle nor would I say mattys a dirty hurler. Wasn't like him at all. Reminded me of your U21 game. Didn't play your game at all, that physically thing isn't ballycastle hurling.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on July 10, 2013, 10:36:32 PM
Was at the Belfast derby myself. Now that you mention neither team had many frees close in to the goals, not sure if that means it was well reffed but definitely not too many frees given. Bit of arguing over  a potential wide that was given as a point for St Johns and one that was given wide for Rossa which looked over. Hawk Eye was needed.

Enjoyable game played in good spirits!

Yes that's true. I didnt see well enough to make a call on either but granted the feeling from the crowd around me was much the same as your post. Maybe home advantage helped St. John's here but as I said the referee was generally faultless tonight - let the game go while always in control of it.

As for the game:

1) St. John's are obviously fitter and had more of a plan.
2) Rossa have some undoubted quality but are guilty of some school boy errors in possession
3) it was nip & tuck but St. John's pulled a few points clear for half time. 2nd half was point-for-point until Hamill intercepted a free and made no mistake with the finish - game on.
4) St. John's then regained the lead while Rossa looked tired (several players just back from holidays by leg colour and confirmed by Rossa supporters - cue the stereotypes!)
5) the final phase of the game saw the Rossa keeper pull off some blinding saves - small boy used to play in corners HS? Ray mc Donnell son? While Rossa it 2more goals of breaking balls.
6) in the end a draw was the cliche fair result.
7) however what struck me most about this game was it was hugely competitive and played well throughout - again credit to ref.

All in all worth the miles!
Best for Rossa were the keeper and McGuinness and Hamill created the goals.
For St. John's Conor Johnston had a great game and Simon McCrory worked hard. Not sure other midfielders name but he also moved plenty of ball.
I don't even recall much verbals from either sideline! Although a few comments traded on the hill!

Anyway I rant.

Mr2 what about st galls?
Sounds like the town game was tasty - shields is a great hurler.
No more games tonight?

Hopefully a run of games to build to championship fever now - still the shamrocks for me!

theskull1

I'd like to know who ordered the attention shown to shorty tonight. Seems very premeditated. Gutless sc**bag if so. Paul Shields is an absolute gentleman both on and off the pitch. Quiet and unassuming. Someone tell me why he deserved the abuse he took tonight? Are Ballycastle happy that that's how they roll nowadays?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r6Op9dLKEEA/TilbEGvFR8I/AAAAAAAABL8/cCiCQbIh6sI/s400/3.jpg
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

QuoteNo more games tonight?

Ballycran play Portaferry tonight.

Minder

Another tanking for our lads, Rossa and Johnnies result not too bad as i am sure Rossa would have been targeting that game for a win.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on July 11, 2013, 01:02:30 AM
I'd like to know who ordered the attention shown to shorty tonight. Seems very premeditated. Gutless sc**bag if so. Paul Shields is an absolute gentleman both on and off the pitch. Quiet and unassuming. Someone tell me why he deserved the abuse he took tonight? Are Ballycastle happy that that's how they roll nowadays?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r6Op9dLKEEA/TilbEGvFR8I/AAAAAAAABL8/cCiCQbIh6sI/s400/3.jpg

Special players are always given special attention. I would always have said that certain players need to be marked tightly and not given any room, but to go out and try and injure someone on purpose is a cowards act and if it were on instructions from the sideline then I find that poor form.

I hate refereeing and listening to managers shouting to "take him out" I want to stop play and send the manager off, I'm sure there is some rule you could use for that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Not first time for player in question.  You live by the sword you'll die by the sword. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 11, 2013, 02:01:45 PM
Not first time for player in question.  You live by the sword you'll die by the sword.

Your some tool

Sleeping giant

Now now!!  No need for that you little keyboard warrior you!!!  Matty likes firing those big shoulders about and thinks cause he's big he's hard!!!   Wonder if some of dunloys real hard men from teams gone by we're still playing, would he of been as rough.  Doubt it!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 11, 2013, 05:20:47 PM
Now now!!  No need for that you little keyboard warrior you!!!  Matty likes firing those big shoulders about and thinks cause he's big he's hard!!!   Wonder if some of dunloys real hard men from teams gone by we're still playing, would he of been as rough.  Doubt it!!

Sorry dude I thought you where refering to shorty with death by sword quote . Ill retract the tool bit. I don't think Matty has any badness in him. I think someone had them all brainwashed. Sorry again

Leyland

Never got to match last night because of work. Reading on here we must have Tryed to start a war last night. I have spoke to two club men who are fairly level headed and neither can understand what all the craic is about "targeting shorty"., they claimed dunloys two corner backs targeted both Saul and clarkey off the ball on several occasions, one which started a melee. If that is not premeditated then. From what I hear shortys challenges were on the ball. Obviously they must have been rash. Both sources felt dunloy were the aggressors. But dunloy obviously are claiming otherwise. We conceded two shocking goals by all accounts, which had a big say in outcome.

I hope our lads get head down now and get hard work done. We need to be competitive come championship. Hopefully a few injuries clear up

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 11, 2013, 02:01:45 PM

and then he says

QuoteNo need for that you little keyboard warrior you!!!

lol

Fairhead

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 11, 2013, 05:20:47 PM

Quick somebody phone Liam O'Neill in Croke Park and tell him theres some big boys playing hurling and they are tackling smaller boys!  :o

And what was the first time your referring too? Or are you just going to throw out vague references?