Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Loughgiel is by far the best playing surface!
End of debate?!
Dunloy is also a credit to them.

Cushendall slopes sideways.

The down pitches also have fine surfaces altho I loved portaferry's old pitch! Not the surface - but a great setting!

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 10, 2013, 11:41:32 AM
End of debate?!

The down pitches also have fine surfaces altho I loved portaferry's old pitch! Not the surface - but a great setting!

Been a while since you played on it btdtgtt - was a super pitch but dont know what has happened it since they extended it but it is wetter and softer than before.

manballandall

Have to say i always loved playing at Glenariff...great setting but for playing surface would have to Loughiel

johnneycool

End of debate?!

The natural amphitheater of Portaferrys old pitch was hard to beat for atmosphere, something their new pitch lacks sadly, great surface that it is.

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on July 10, 2013, 12:14:04 PM
End of debate?!

The natural amphitheater of Portaferrys old pitch was hard to beat for atmosphere, something their new pitch lacks sadly, great surface that it is.

+1

Seamroga in exile

End of debate?!

the atmosphere was enhanced by the midges.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

End of debate?!

mind going to portaferrys old pitch for games with my dad, was a family day out! picnic packed and sat on that hill, great atmosphere as well in it!

also like ballycastles old field was great to play at. ive never played at the new one but for some reason i dont like it. probably cause we dont win much at it! lol

as others have said lgiel is hard to beat. great to watch a game from it as well on either side (ive never been on the terrace tho! enemy ground! lol)
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 10, 2013, 12:23:22 PM
End of debate?!

the atmosphere was enhanced by the midges.

f**k, forgot about them, they were bad though especially if you were close to the fir trees.

btdtgtt

Refusing a beer with this BBQ to go to corrigan!
Hope it's worth it but think St. John's will win handy enough.

paddyjohn

Glenravels old pitch before the new development was good but for some reason the top end is awful now..

playwiththewind1st

You simply cannot whack Falls Park - the electric atmosphere, top-rate facilities, the lush pitches themselves, where would you get anything like it?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Dunloy 4-12 ballycastle 1-11. Tough game with a lot of nasty tackles. 
How shorty wasn't killed at the end up is anyone's guess. Matty tried to take his head off and didn't even get so much as a warning.
We had to take him off before someone ended his career!
Saul got a straight red and then sillily slapped c cunning as he was sent off which the ref told him would go in his report.
That said it wasn't that bad a game. We did play well and the goals made the difference. Ballycastle couldn't get their half forward line going at all.
Good win considering we were missing 3-4 starters.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quick post as on my way back up the coast. Texting and driving beware!

Absolutely tremendous game at corrigan tonight ended in a fair draw.

Played in great way from start to finished and well reffed I must say.

Will post details later - after a shandy at the caravan!

CitySlicker11

Was at the Belfast derby myself. Now that you mention neither team had many frees close in to the goals, not sure if that means it was well reffed but definitely not too many frees given. Bit of arguing over  a potential wide that was given as a point for St Johns and one that was given wide for Rossa which looked over. Hawk Eye was needed.

Enjoyable game played in good spirits!

CastleCamog

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 10, 2013, 10:09:39 PM
Dunloy 4-12 ballycastle 1-11. Tough game with a lot of nasty tackles. 
How shorty wasn't killed at the end up is anyone's guess. Matty tried to take his head off and didn't even get so much as a warning.
We had to take him off before someone ended his career!
Saul got a straight red and then sillily slapped c cunning as he was sent off which the ref told him would go in his report.
That said it wasn't that bad a game. We did play well and the goals made the difference. Ballycastle couldn't get their half forward line going at all.
Good win considering we were missing 3-4 starters.

DR ur being a little generous with the truth. Shorty was off very 5mins minimum and replaced by a blood sub as is the case in many senior games. He returned to the field of play and contributed significantly to dunloy's final tally......so hardly 'killed'. A very physical game, matched by both teams out there. Ropey refereeing played its part in things getting out of control. U win some, u lose some - not our night, Dunloy took their scores.