Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron89

heard Shannon is gone and not for a holiday either

reckon that familiar shadow that always is there has got a little too much for him

btdtgtt

Quote from: saffron89 on June 25, 2013, 09:56:44 PM
heard Shannon is gone and not for a holiday either

reckon that familiar shadow that always is there has got a little too much for him

Player commitment the issue.
(And that came from one of the players!)

Sleeping giant

Craic is mighty on here.  :o.   Antrim are simply not good enough am afraid.  With or without winker or anyone else who should be apart of it,  Pains me to say it.  But we're not.   We use to be in a tier below top 4/5 teams.   Now we're not even there.  We have went back in last 2/3 years.   And if like the papers say.  Everyone is happy in camp.  And the lads are there that want to be there.  And so on and so forth.  what's the problem???
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Leyland

Delighted for lads tonight beating virtually a full strength shams team in feis semi final by 3 points. Considering our recent poor form I was expecting a different result. But credit to lads. A bit of passion shown. Loughiel were poor. Their last two games have been 0-11 and 2-7.........

I reckon cushendall will be looking on with interest. Are loughiel stale?

Any way I'm sure Shams won't lose too much sleep over tonight. But for us it was certainly a good boost for our young squad

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Sleeping giant on June 26, 2013, 09:00:52 PM
Craic is mighty on here.  :o.   Antrim are simply not good enough am afraid.  With or without winker or anyone else who should be apart of it,  Pains me to say it.  But we're not.   We use to be in a tier below top 4/5 teams.   Now we're not even there.  We have went back in last 2/3 years.   And if like the papers say.  Everyone is happy in camp.  And the lads are there that want to be there.  And so on and so forth.  what's the problem???
Have they really regressed or is it that teams around them a few years ago like Dublin etc. have made headway? The net result is the same but you could ask how much progress has there been in real terms in 20+ years?

theskull1

These things ebb and flow a bit. Setting unreal expectations every year seems to be the one thing we do consistently. We've poor commitment/structure/resourse at development squad level. Why be surprised that the senior team struggles with the top 8/10 teams

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gizzy15

Quote from: theskull1 on June 26, 2013, 11:57:09 PM
These things ebb and flow a bit. Setting unreal expectations every year seems to be the one thing we do consistently. We've poor commitment/structure/resourse at development squad level. Why be surprised that the senior team struggles with the top 8/10 teams

We pay lip service to these development squads and underage set ups and always have. Seems to be a first come first served when it comes to who wants to take a development squad. I don't even like the practice of taking a team at club level just cause your kid is on it but at county development level it is a bit of a farce. This is the point in the kids development where we should be trying to source them the best coaches and best ex county players for advice(i know the best players/x players may not be the best coaches but at least squeeze them for knowledge and advice).But still it happens turn up to take your kid to the development squad training and end up a mentor. Like back in the day when John taggert went to ask about parking his burger van in casement on match days and came away the county u-21 manager. :o

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Leyland on June 26, 2013, 10:39:57 PM
Delighted for lads tonight beating virtually a full strength shams team in feis semi final by 3 points. Considering our recent poor form I was expecting a different result. But credit to lads. A bit of passion shown. Loughiel were poor. Their last two games have been 0-11 and 2-7.........

Any way I'm sure Shams won't lose too much sleep over tonight. But for us it was certainly a good boost for our young squad

In Loughgeil too

Shams 2-06 Ballycasle 0-15

Outstanding result and will boost our boys.  How close was L'geil to full strength, Leyland?  Thought they were playing a lot of fringe players?  What about the Town was Matty & Pinky back?

johnneycool

Not sure, but from what I saw they're forcing the passing game too much. Some of the passes they were doing against us was just plan needless and not progressing their cause any. A man free 50 yards out from goals doesn't need to pass to another man roughly the same distance from goals, just take your score FFS or draw a defender and then pass to a team mate to utilize that space.

In saying that some of those passes weren't coming off and allowing our lads to get a flick or touch to clear it. In a month or so's time, I'd expect a lot of those mistakes to be eradicated.

They're still the team to beat IMO.

theskull1

Yeah...let's not delude ourselves
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north aontroim gael

Quote from: north aontroim gael on June 27, 2013, 09:21:23 AM

Fair play to BC, good win last night.  We were missing a couple but that wasn't the reason we got beat.  As sloppy as we have been for some time.  Our half forward line was non existent and we waited until approx 12 minutes from the end before making any replacements.  We were also slow to adapt to Neal McAuley playing a sweeping role. That, combined with our HF line being poor, meant he picked up a lot of possession.

Dissapointing not to win but in the grand scheme of things hopefully it will act as a rocket for a few on the field and on the sideline.  If we do meet Ballycastle later in this years Championship our boys are now fully aware of how big a challenge they face.

Seamroga in exile

Ballycastle must be early favourites for the championship now.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 27, 2013, 11:10:42 AM

Started early this year  ;)

Sleeping giant

Remember a feis win for us in Dunloy.   Showed a lot of our lads a few things about winning.  Ment a lot at the time.   If town could now go and beat the dall.   Surely they would be bussing.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on June 27, 2013, 11:58:26 AM
Remember a feis win for us in Dunloy.   Showed a lot of our lads a few things about winning.  Ment a lot at the time.   If town could now go and beat the dall.   Surely they would be bussing.

And come championship they will roll over like they always do, same old same old.