Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron89

Tough night for the oisins

theskull1

There's been worse thrashings. 2-10s decent enough nicking
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Nei in midfield? Ffs he's been great at centre half. I assume mattys injury from tr u21 final has him rules out but play Neil in the middle where he could field a ball. Doesn't make sense.
Full forward line looks weak other than Karl.
I have hope that we can win but the head says lose sadly :(
I really want to be wrong.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 20, 2013, 10:42:48 PM
Shamrocks 5-21 oisins 2-10

Glenariffe have a lot of younger players and they got of to a very good start but Loughgiel progressively pulled away.  Seemed to be a good work ethic among the Glenariffe lads though and if they can stay up they have a base to build on.

We were missing a few first teamers + the county players.  Good to see a few younger fellas making debuts and putting in good performances.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on June 20, 2013, 09:41:34 PM
Team for Saturday

Chris O'Connell

Barry McFall
Arron Graffin
Conor Mc Kinley

Simon McCrory
Neil McManus (Capt)
Paul Shiels

Jackson Mc Greevey Naomh Gall
Neal Mc Auley Mac Uilin

Tony Mc Closkey
Conor Carson
Shane McNaughton

Christopher McGuinness
Karl Stewart
Darren Hamill

Its a safe bet we won't line out as listed.  I'd say the plan will be to crowd the middle of the park and keep it tight.  A fine idea if you have the inside forwards to do damage.  We don't.

I may be wrong in my assumptions above but I see Wexford by 10 points.

Gizzy15

Quote from: north aontroim gael on June 21, 2013, 08:16:22 AM
Quote from: clootfromthe21 on June 20, 2013, 09:41:34 PM
Team for Saturday

Chris O'Connell

Barry McFall
Arron Graffin
Conor Mc Kinley

Simon McCrory
Neil McManus (Capt)
Paul Shiels

Jackson Mc Greevey Naomh Gall
Neal Mc Auley Mac Uilin

Tony Mc Closkey
Conor Carson
Shane McNaughton

Christopher McGuinness
Karl Stewart
Darren Hamill

Its a safe bet we won't line out as listed.  I'd say the plan will be to crowd the middle of the park and keep it tight.  A fine idea if you have the inside forwards to do damage.  We don't.

I may be wrong in my assumptions above but I see Wexford by 10 points.

Think u could be right. For a while I could see mcAuley dropping back ibetween HB and FB line with mccloskey dropping to MF along with Stewart. This will leave four forwards but problem being this could give them a great launch pad for there attacks if they leave 6 back. Antrim forwards would need to be really busy off the ball. Hope they can pull it off.

NAG1

Dont know what the fitness is like with KS but if we drop him out around the middle and NMcA further back open up a bit of room for SMcN and move the ball early and fast and the rest play off him then we would be in with a shout. I dont think Wexford are any great shake but slightly better than us on a good day.

theskull1

Quote from: NAG1 on June 21, 2013, 09:13:24 AM
Dont know what the fitness is like with KS but if we drop him out around the middle and NMcA further back open up a bit of room for SMcN and move the ball early and fast and the rest play off him then we would be in with a shout. I dont think Wexford are any great shake but slightly better than us on a good day.

You weren't there the last day we played them down there then NAG. They were a fair bit better than us that day especially up front when they had far more purpose about their play
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gizzy15

Is any1 giving updates on the game?

Minder

Quote from: Gizzy15 on June 22, 2013, 03:18:02 PM
Is any1 giving updates on the game?

Wexford 1-4 Antrim 0-7
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Wexford 1-5 Antrim 0-7

Minder

Wexford 2-5 Antrim 0-9 HT

Gizzy15

Quote from: Minder on June 22, 2013, 03:38:56 PM
Wexford 2-5 Antrim 0-9 HT

Cheers, sounds tight. Heard they got second goal on the stroke of ht. prob need a goal or two ourselves.

Jesusjones

I see SIE spewing incorrect tripe on twitter while our players are down trying to win a match in Wexford.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on June 22, 2013, 03:56:31 PM
I see SIE spewing incorrect tripe on twitter while our players are down trying to win a match in Wexford.
as I've said before on here, that isn't me. Get your facts correct before posting tripe yourself.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"