Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: NAG1 on June 20, 2013, 11:34:14 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2013, 09:12:25 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 20, 2013, 08:29:19 AM
Bate by the Crans last night in what was a pretty decent game where they bagged a goal in injury time to take the points.

I think it ended up 4-10 to 3-16 or similar

Considering the team we put out I was expecting worse and to be fair Ballycran were all over us in the first half and should have been 7 or 8 up rather than the 2 they went in with. They got a good goal and a few points early on and were cutting through our defence at will it seemed, but we got two goals to keep us in the game. As our defence was probably missing two of our better defenders through injury it wasn't entirely unexpected.
A few changes at half time in moving a few lads about seemed to have worked, we got another two goals to take a lead with both teams pinning on points till it was all level. The winning goal was at the death and as much as it pains me to say it probably deserved, but we'll not be too despondent if we meet them later on in the year on a big pitch with a full compliment.

Also, thought the ref Owen Elliott was very good, let it go a bit and when lads were going down a bit easy made them play on. No real nastiness in the game also helped to make it an entertaining game.

Yeah I've never had any complaints about Owen, even when I managed our seniors I always thought he was fair and let the game go (within reason)

That's a fair scoring game Johnney, the Down hurlers have puit in some miles lately, I'm sure they could do with a rest

Id say if you asked DR he might have a different opinion on this one, maybe nothing too bad but maybe a question or two for him?
lol yeah one or two possibly! Naw I like him personally, he has his bad moments, like any ref does but on the whole he isn't that bad.
I've just felt we have come on the wrong end of calls a couple I times from him.  The quick free one annoyed me as he had no consistency with it and he did admit to getting that one wrong.
He isn't a bad ref but are there any good ones? ;) :)
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 20, 2013, 02:49:43 PM
Bate by the Crans last night in what was a pretty decent game where they bagged a goal in injury time to take the points.

Considering the team we put out I was expecting worse and to be fair Ballycran were all over us in the first half and should have been 7 or 8 up rather than the 2 they went in with. They got a good goal and a few points early on and were cutting through our defence at will it seemed, but we got two goals to keep us in the game. As our defence was probably missing two of our better defenders through injury it wasn't entirely unexpected.
A few changes at half time in moving a few lads about seemed to have worked, we got another two goals to take a lead with both teams pinning on points till it was all level. The winning goal was at the death and as much as it pains me to say it probably deserved, but we'll not be too despondent if we meet them later on in the year on a big pitch with a full compliment.

Also, thought the ref Owen Elliott was very good, let it go a bit and when lads were going down a bit easy made them play on. No real nastiness in the game also helped to make it an entertaining game.

Yeah I've never had any complaints about Owen, even when I managed our seniors I always thought he was fair and let the game go (within reason)

That's a fair scoring game Johnney, the Down hurlers have puit in some miles lately, I'm sure they could do with a rest

Id say if you asked DR he might have a different opinion on this one, maybe nothing too bad but maybe a question or two for him?
lol yeah one or two possibly! Naw I like him personally, he has his bad moments, like any ref does but on the whole he isn't that bad.
I've just felt we have come on the wrong end of calls a couple I times from him.  The quick free one annoyed me as he had no consistency with it and he did admit to getting that one wrong.

I'd say there are far more bad players than referees, players need to be alert the whole game me thinks ;)

I remember you's took a quick 27 metre free in the championship against us at our pitch which ended up in the net, we were busy lining up and yous hit it to spare man who buried it, it happens. These things have a way of evening up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Not the incident that I thought you would highlight from that game DR but yeah would agree with your overall sentiment.

johnneycool

He'd a bit of bother with a quick free last night as well.

He awarded us a free in our half back line and turned to run up the field, now I'm almost certain he blown his whistle to resume play but as he was running away with his back to the free a Ballycran lad walked in front of Eoin Clarke and Eoin duly thumped the ball into him and it rebounded back to Eoin who continued to play on, Elliott obviously didn't see it but heard the furor from both sets of fans, probably couldn't understand how Eoin Clarke had the ball in his hand, blew his whistle, Eoin Clarke thought the ball was being brought forward for the Ballycran lad not keeping the 13 metres, but got a telling off and had to retake the free from the original spot.

Can't have eyes in the back of your head I suppose.

Milltown Row2

Exactly johnny but being critical and i got pulled for it also, you need to run into position while watching the free take place!! You can't see everything but position is essential
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I'd say there are far more bad players than referees, players need to be alert the whole game me thinks ;)

I remember you's took a quick 27 metre free in the championship against us at our pitch which ended up in the net, we were busy lining up and yous hit it to spare man who buried it, it happens. These things have a way of evening up

Isn't this just an excuse when admitting a mistake!
We all know and accept refs will make mistakes - except maybe the refs themselves!

Seamroga in exile

I wish there was a quote limit on this board.  :-\
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 20, 2013, 07:00:38 PM

Isn't this just an excuse when admitting a mistake!
We all know and accept refs will make mistakes - except maybe the refs themselves!
[/quote]

It's a terrible myth that referees will try and even it up if he makes a mistake!!

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 20, 2013, 07:16:16 PM
I wish there was a quote limit on this board.  :-\

Sorry SIE  :P

btdtgtt

That's not what I meant MR2 - I was more saying there's no evidence or reason that mistakes balance out both teams.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 20, 2013, 08:05:52 PM
That's not what I meant MR2 - I was more saying there's no evidence or reason that mistakes balance out both teams.

My post was a piss take

clootfromthe21

Team for Saturday

Chris O'Connell

Barry McFall
Arron Graffin
Conor Mc Kinley

Simon McCrory
Neil McManus (Capt)
Paul Shiels

Jackson Mc Greevey Naomh Gall
Neal Mc Auley Mac Uilin

Tony Mc Closkey