Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 18, 2013, 08:13:14 PM
That's the spirit.
There's no point in being deluded.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Good man. Poke fun at supporters of your own county ::)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 18, 2013, 08:32:37 PM
Good man. Poke fun at supporters of your own county ::)
it's better than betting against my county. I want nothing more than to be proved wrong on Saturday but as things stand within the set up and the team it isn't going to improve. I'd rather face up to that than believe the tripe constantly churned out in the press to the contrary.

imtommygunn

The hurling setup isn't as bad as you portray it to be. Kevin Ryan deserves a chance which boys like you don't seem willing to give. Yes he made a mistake with the loughgiel thing but there aren't many better players in the county than on that team at present.

It is certainly much better than the football - that's for sure.

Seamroga in exile

The thing is, it isn't Tommy. The last couple of weeks have been a disaster in training. But sure, if I say anything it's all my fault.  ::)

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 18, 2013, 08:58:37 PM
The thing is, it isn't Tommy. The last couple of weeks have been a disaster in training. But sure, if I say anything it's all my fault.  ::)

To be honest I have heard the same myself.  some fellas not training and others taking feeds of drink etc.  Same old story.  Footballers making hurlers look good at present.

saffron89

cheers SIE   After considering to travel and make a weekend out of it you have changed my mind

that is disappointing to hear, would have liked to see a bit of spirit, but less likely if they haven't been bothering their arse

hopefully it is individuals and not particular clubs that are trying to put pressure on players

I wonder if kevin ryan knew what he knows now would he still take the job

Two Hands FFS

Is there any players missing or on holiday at the minute?

btdtgtt

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 18, 2013, 08:55:15 PM
The hurling setup isn't as bad as you portray it to be. Kevin Ryan deserves a chance which boys like you don't seem willing to give. Yes he made a mistake with the loughgiel thing but there aren't many better players in the county than on that team at present.

Not sure judging our hurlers by comparing to the footballers is quite the way to go.
The bookies have put the handicap at 7.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 18, 2013, 10:20:18 PM

Not sure judging our hurlers by comparing to the footballers is quite the way to go.

We'll beat that, we always have a performance in us once a year and this could be it. Wexford are no mugs and very difficult for us to beat down there. If the lads empty the tank and go for it, take the opportunities then we will be in with a shout. I hope we are close to them with 15 minutes to go.

It really is about asking the player to really put the f**king effort in, to raise their game by 30/40 percent to stick to the plan and not panic. Every player on that team plays well within their own capabilities, as a manager its very frustrating watching and knowing players are doing that. As a manager its down to Kevin to make that player do that.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2013, 11:34:14 PM

We'll beat that, we always have a performance in us once a year and this could be it. Wexford are no mugs and very difficult for us to beat down there. If the lads empty the tank and go for it, take the opportunities then we will be in with a shout. I hope we are close to them with 15 minutes to go.

It really is about asking the player to really put the f**king effort in, to raise their game by 30/40 percent to stick to the plan and not panic. Every player on that team plays well within their own capabilities, as a manager its very frustrating watching and knowing players are doing that. As a manager its down to Kevin to make that player do that.

The days of going out and busting your balls on the day of a game and hoping for the best are long gone.

If the preparation isn't being done before and up to the game how can a manager bed in any tactics he might want to employ against Wexford? A team of 15 individuals going out and doing their own thing isn't going to get far no matter if you've a few very talented ones in the group.

What has Ryan done to only get 16 at training and lads killing themselves with feeds of drink?

What's the Antrim set up like now? Do they get fed after each session, gear etc?

I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Down hurlers are getting looked after now, even the minors are fully kitted out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 19, 2013, 09:08:13 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2013, 11:34:14 PM

The days of going out and busting your balls on the day of a game and hoping for the best are long gone.

If the preparation isn't being done before and up to the game how can a manager bed in any tactics he might want to employ against Wexford? A team of 15 individuals going out and doing their own thing isn't going to get far no matter if you've a few very talented ones in the group.

What has Ryan done to only get 16 at training and lads killing themselves with feeds of drink?

What's the Antrim set up like now? Do they get fed after each session, gear etc?

I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Down hurlers are getting looked after now, even the minors are fully kitted out.

This point is right and I have already highlighted that and that they need to not panic and stick to the plan, but that is not enough, they need to push the effort as (for me anyways) they just seem to go through the motions at times and have no real fight in them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

How can there be a plan though? Having 16 at training and the likes doesn't allow the manager the luxury of training games where he can stop/start at will to get the plan across.

Seamroga in exile

To quote verbatim what I was told:

" No plan, no team-play, no spirit."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 19, 2013, 09:40:15 AM
How can there be a plan though? Having 16 at training and the likes doesn't allow the manager the luxury of training games where he can stop/start at will to get the plan across.

I would say that during the league and leading up to the Laois game that there would have been more at training and they would have been working to a system of sorts, I'd like to think so, and with no panelist on here (Though I know there is ;)) talking about it people are going on what others are saying.

A lot of league games have went on in between the games and players will have got injured so the panel would be a bit depleted at times.