1987   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   O'Donovan Rossa
1986   McQuillans, Ballycastle   St. John's
1985   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   Loughgiel Shamrocks
1984   McQuillans, Ballycastle   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall
1983   McQuillans, Ballycastle   Loughgiel Shamrocks
1982   Loughgiel Shamrocks   McQuillans, Ballycastle
1981   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   McQuillans, Ballycastle
1980   McQuillans, Ballycastle   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall

This is the senior championship list not u21.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Just left the u21 final in injury time. At johns 1-15 ballycastle 1-10.
Johnnies better team in the 2nd half.
Horrible nigjt
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Fair play to the Whiterock men. Decent win and who knows what the future may bring...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2013, 09:15:32 PM
Fair play to the Whiterock men. Decent win and who knows what the future may bring...
A transfer to Rossa??

saffron89

i hope the future brings a senior championship for its what Antrim need, a strong Belfast

one thing I was surprised about was the choice of referee.  It is alright now the Johnnies have won but would they be happy if they got beat and knew the game was refereed by an ex Ballycastle hurler.  Ref did have a good game , terrible conditions but st johns wanted it more and had the better hurlers.  Clarke and Saul never got going

thought the Johnsons were v good and the st Johns number 7 turned a lot of ball

big Donnelly should have got taken off for he was clearly injured and rendered useless, give the subs a chance

also for such a night a good crowd

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on June 14, 2013, 09:55:43 PM
i hope the future brings a senior championship for its what Antrim need, a strong Belfast

one thing I was surprised about was the choice of referee.  It is alright now the Johnnies have won but would they be happy if they got beat and knew the game was refereed by an ex Ballycastle hurler.  Ref did have a good game , terrible conditions but st johns wanted it more and had the better hurlers.  Clarke and Saul never got going

big Donnelly should have got taken off for he was clearly injured and rendered useless, give the subs a chance

Mark is a decent lad and I would have no worries as to the way he would referee a game, a Armoy man, so unsure of the Ballycastle link, and the reasons he would have left. I'm glad to see a Belfast team win, I'm not a Johnnies fan being from Naomh Gall would be a hint. They might even win another one as team is young enough, when was the last Belfast team to win an under 21? we got to a final, beat by Loughgiel and lost one due to some dispute and the final wasn't even played (I think)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2013, 10:26:27 PM

Mark is a decent lad and I would have no worries as to the way he would referee a game, a Armoy man, so unsure of the Ballycastle link, and the reasons he would have left. I'm glad to see a Belfast team win, I'm not a Johnnies fan being from Naomh Gall would be a hint. They might even win another one as team is young enough, when was the last Belfast team to win an under 21? we got to a final, beat by Loughgiel and lost one due to some dispute and the final wasn't even played (I think)
Mark O'Neill? Sure he's from the town.

Milltown Row2

That may be the case, but he's affiliated with Armoy, plenty of players in Belfast have transferred to other clubs. would they look after their old clubs? This is a final with the county chairman down no doubt, helping out an old club wouldn't be high on his agenda I'd imagine, but sure lets make a story out of it

saffron89

Mark is a good lad yes.  Also up and coming but let's be honest it is not ideal to have ex players refereeing their old club.  Clearly neutral would be better.  Mark is With armoy now but used to hurl corner back for the town.  I'm sure there is plenty others who could have done it and mark would get some other big game. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 14, 2013, 11:05:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2013, 10:46:01 PM
That may be the case, but he's affiliated with Armoy, plenty of players in Belfast have transferred to other clubs. would they look after their old clubs? This is a final with the county chairman down no doubt, helping out an old club wouldn't be high on his agenda I'd imagine, but sure lets make a story out of it
No big deal now and I'm sure he never had any intention to turn the Johnnies over but had the Johnnies been beaten and there was the odd iffy decision here and there, there'd have been some crying. County left themselves open there. Odd decision for a final.

Can't remember if Dub ever reffed us in any finals.

He refereed yous in the league, but in his time you didn't get to many finals ;)

Seamroga in exile

Did he hurl seniors for the town?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Its a fair point that's been fairly made has it not?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2013, 10:26:27 PM

he refed our game in the feis on Wednesday night. Did a decent job. Did a good job last night. Called it right from a neutral point of view.

hurl like f**k boi!

Gizzy15

Quote from: Glensman on June 14, 2013, 04:33:22 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 14, 2013, 12:48:24 PM
wikipedia
2012   Loughgiel Shamrocks 1-11   Cuchullians, Dunloy 1-07
2011   Loughgiel Shamrocks 1-14   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall 0-14
2010   Loughgiel Shamrocks 1-09   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall 0-11
2009   Cuchullians, Dunloy 3-14   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall 1-13
2008   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   Loughgiel Shamrocks
2007   Cuchullians, Dunloy 1-16   Loughgiel Shamrocks 0-16
2006   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   Loughgiel Shamrocks
2005   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   Loughgiel Shamrocks
2004   O'Donovan Rossa   Loughgiel Shamrocks
2003   Cuchullians, Dunloy   Loughgiel Shamrocks
2002   Cuchullians, Dunloy   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall
2001   Cuchullians, Dunloy   McQuillans, Ballycastle
2000   Cuchullians, Dunloy   Cushendun
1999   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   Cuchullians, Dunloy
1998   Cuchullians, Dunloy   McQuillans, Ballycastle
1997   Cuchullians, Dunloy   O'Donovan Rossa
1996   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   McQuillans, Ballycastle
1995   Cuchullians, Dunloy   O'Donovan Rossa
1994   Cuchullians, Dunloy   St. John's
1993   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   McQuillans, Ballycastle
1992   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   McQuillans, Ballycastle
1991   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   St. John's
1990   Cuchullians, Dunloy   O'Donovan Rossa
1989   Loughgiel Shamrocks   St. John's
1988   O'Donovan Rossa   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall
1987   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   O'Donovan Rossa
1986   McQuillans, Ballycastle   St. John's
1985   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   Loughgiel Shamrocks
1984   McQuillans, Ballycastle   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall
1983   McQuillans, Ballycastle   Loughgiel Shamrocks
1982   Loughgiel Shamrocks   McQuillans, Ballycastle
1981   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall   McQuillans, Ballycastle
1980   McQuillans, Ballycastle   Ruairí Óg, Cushendall

Dunloy definitely beat St Pauls in a final one year.

Dunloy beat St Pauls in 2000, St Pauls beat C/Dall in semi the same nite Dunloy who ended with 14 men scrapped passed ODR, by 2 pts. that final was that nite as no matter who won the second semi, they would have been champs. think final was won by 21 pts

Gizzy15

Quote from: hardstation on June 14, 2013, 11:05:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2013, 10:46:01 PM
No big deal now and I'm sure he never had any intention to turn the Johnnies over but had the Johnnies been beaten and there was the odd iffy decision here and there, there'd have been some crying. County left themselves open there. Odd decision for a final.

Can't remember if Dub ever reffed us in any finals.

He didnt, but he is a loss to the county referee circuit.