Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

You loughgiel boys are getting as bad as Mr2 was forever on about players missing!

That underage tournament was difficult to describe local sides results. Most teams rotated squads so that all the kids got games. So there was some up/down results but in the end Kilmacud won the main trophy and the other shields all went to southern teams even tho local sides beat them at some stage.

I was back to Rossa today who won at a canter. Glenarrife were shocking and I can't fathom how they beat Rossa other than to say Rossa must not travel well unless its to Santa ponsa.
Glenarrife barely looked like scoring and Rossa if anything were wasteful up front.
Bell was like a man amongst boys - Steven Shannon cleaned up - Hamill seemed to do whatever he wanted - McGuinness was busy.
For the oisins only getting at no6 could hold his head up.

I've said it before but Rossa have serious issues given what they are capable of at home yet bately fielding away. Too little too late?

Elsewhere glad to see the johnnies effectively secured div1 status and galls remain on course.
Big win for the gorts while lamh dearg go from bad to worse. Troubled times. 

Such a shame that just as things get interesting again we face some more hap-hazard fixtures scheduling.

Milltown Row2

Could have beaten the Dall so that is another game lost (2 points) Would target every game at home from here on in. One win should win it. Don't think Glenariff will win too many more and the score difference is in your favour. Portaferry would be harder team to beat than you think although only 2 points on the board they have push every team this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on June 02, 2013, 11:58:01 PM
Remind me. Is it one down?

it hasn't been decided yet.    8)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 03, 2013, 09:12:08 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 02, 2013, 11:58:01 PM
Remind me. Is it one down?

it hasn't been decided yet.    8)

If Ballycastle................. :D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

What is the schedule of games anyway, one more on Wednesday and then Sunday and after that when?

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on June 03, 2013, 11:17:40 AM
What is the schedule of games anyway, one more on Wednesday and then Sunday and after that when?

I can't see our game vrs the Rossa going ahead after Down beating Meath to go into the Christy Ring final this saturday.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Game tonight for ourselves and lgiel. Then Wednesday night and Sunday. Next league games are the 19th when we are away to cushendall. Tho the feis cup games are around this period as well.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Can see a big crowd tonight...

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2013, 03:52:29 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 03, 2013, 03:12:55 PM
Can see a big crowd tonight...

For a reserve match?

Never mind the quality, feel the passion (not the rain  ;)  )

Seamroga in exile

Loughgiel 2-15 dunloy 2-13. A fiercely contested game with no quarter asked or given.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Was a good game SIE. Both teams went at it. First half both sides were poor but in the second it opened up. Lgiel got tr scores at the end and were vital. Both sides missing players I noticed.

Both look good for this year plus a good advert for Antrim hurling.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Great to hear of such a contest!

Fair to say these are the two best sides with Dunloy only side really contesting shamrocks dominance?
Dall have fallen back - town not there yet.

Can everyone keep the board informed on club fixtures on/off and times this week as there's bound to be some changes due to the down sides in Christy ring & Antrim playing bog ball.

Jesusjones

Watched Loughgiel V Dunloy last night, great game with some super hurling. Thought Paddy Richmond was superb. Wondering what Dunloy though of the referee because myself and the two fellas I was with both thought he was very hard on Dunloy. The difference at the moment between Cushendall and Dunloy and Loughgiel is the Shamrocks strength in depth. In both matches Loughgiel were able to bring on subs who contributed but Dunloy and Cushendall's benches look light.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Jj I thought he was poor for both teams. The quick free annoyed me more as he pulle ours back yet allowed theirs to go and they got a goal for it. I didn't realise lgiel had scored a goal as we were still looking at the ref.
I don't like blaming a ref as at the en of the day you lose a game yourself. Wasn't his best game but not his worst either.
We were missing shorty, nancy and Kevin martin last night. That was paddy docs second game of the season and Kevin mc quillians second game. So we have a good platform to build on.
hurl like f**k boi!