Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 19, 2013, 04:58:52 PM
The fact remains that there's something seriously wrong, it's been that way for 20 + years. I'd love to know what the solution is from all you experts.

Your not offering any solutions yourself. At least no one is slating the players and managent. You said current set up is joke then one post later it's been a joke for 20 years. Make up your mind
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

I never slated the players. I said the current set was a joke and that something hasn't been right for 20 years. Don't try and twist my postings please.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Beat ballycran 1-24 to 2-20

optimus cheese

The fact remains that there's something seriously wrong, it's been that way for 20 + years. I'd love to know what the solution is from all you experts.

True, bu that '89 team came from a minor side that played in Leinster in early 80s. That was where that team came from, plus we were given a bye (until '89 when Down re-entered the Ulster Championship) to the semi-final, so was always a chance could all come right one day. Now we have to earn it. Think these young lads (including many of your own boys, Eddie, Tony, Ronan and Shay to name a few) are a good bunch of committed hurlers, non-messers. It's been the 'out, bate, back for a swally mentality' that has held us back. Not a current crop that are trying their best and a manager who knows what he is doing (Carlow's rise from nobody's to competitive second tier team, ok their clubs hurling in KK leagues has helped). The last 20 years have been woeful bar the odd day when the stars realigned - so why persist with the same crop who were key members of that era?

Milltown Row2

Christ that was long!!! I had the DT's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 19, 2013, 05:40:53 PM
I never slated the players. I said the current set was a joke and that something hasn't been right for 20 years. Don't try and twist my postings please.

So if we're score the joke level over each of the last 20 years ...how does this years management score relative to the previous 20 years. If this years management are no worse than previous years then you'd have to wonder why your focusing on their efforts.

At the start you're very specific (i.e. the management setup is a joke), then when youre comments are put under scrutiny, you couldnt be any more vague  ::)

Back to the leagues
We'd a good win against the ports yesterday, with some great performances in many positions. Was a fantastic end to end game on a perfect day for hurling. See the Dall and LG also had narrowish victories up in the ards (the referee probably won it for LG) . Tis a great place to play the game IMO. You always know that you're gonna a get a full blooded contest against any of the penninsula teams. We need them as much as they need us.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2013, 03:31:40 PM

aye and a ropey watch  ;)

btdtgtt

Ballygalget V Cdall - Dall
Ballycran V Loughgiel - Shams
Portaferry V Dunloy - Dunloy

ALL THREE CORRECT!

3 really tough and interesting trips for the top3 here!
I am picking the 3 Antrim teams but none of these games would be a surprise if the Ards boys turned them over.

ALSO CORREEXT GIVEN HOW CLOSE GAMES WERE.

Ballycastle V St Johns - Town to win.
Glenarrife V Rossa
I will be at this if the weather holds up. Think Oisins recent win and Rossa's bad start plus disastrous record on the road makes me plump for Oisins by 4 or 5.

BOTH CORRECT

Sarsfields to beat Carey CORRECT
St Galls to beat Lamh Dearg CORRECT
Randalstwon to beat Gort DRAW
Armoy / StPauls - could see a draw here! BEST PREDICTION OF ALL!

NOW COME ON GUYS YOU GOTTA GIVE ME SOME CREDIT HERE!
EVEN MR2 HAS TO CONCEDE THAT'S IMPRESSIVE?!

btdtgtt

In terms of the city teams I made it to hannahstow v galls. Scrappy affair not great with both sides missing players. I would have thought galls should have won by more but they weren't able to one the day. Fair enough galls lads? Still a banana skin avoided so promotion still very much on.

From what I hear St. John's sideline were outrageous again. Alot of effort (and finance) going in there but I have to question it all.
Rossa unsurprisingly travelled minus a selection of 1st teamers including both county men - how is this allowed to happen hardstation?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on May 20, 2013, 04:00:27 PM

So if we're score the joke level over each of the last 20 years ...how does this years management score relative to the previous 20 years. If this years management are no worse than previous years then you'd have to wonder why your focusing on their efforts.

At the start you're very specific (i.e. the management setup is a joke), then when youre comments are put under scrutiny, you couldnt be any more vague  ::)

Back to the leagues
We'd a good win against the ports yesterday, with some great performances in many positions. Was a fantastic end to end game on a perfect day for hurling. See the Dall and LG also had narrowish victories up in the ards (the referee probably won it for LG) . Tis a great place to play the game IMO. You always know that you're gonna a get a full blooded contest against any of the penninsula teams. We need them as much as they need us.
The alarm bells were ringing when Ryan came down to our club and said what he said. He then went back on his "closed door" policy after saying in the press that he wouldn't unless in the case of injuries. He has since drafted players in anyway. It doesn't instil much confidence in him.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2013, 06:11:21 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 20, 2013, 04:00:27 PM

Back to the leagues
The alarm bells were ringing when Ryan came down to our club and said what he said. He then went back on his "closed door" policy after saying in the press that he wouldn't unless in the case of injuries. He has since drafted players in anyway. It doesn't instil much confidence in him.

Reading all the contradictions in your post its doesn't Instill much confidence in your opinion or reports on county managers. We don't you button up now while your still behind

I might offer up an alternative answer to our county woes. The match prior to ours on Saturday evening was there minors played Offlay and beat them handy. Apparently there's a lot of work going in at that age and lower. Contrast that with the fact we can't getting anybody to take our minors it doesn't bode well. Our best performers on Saturday (shorty, graffin mc manus) all came from the minor team that sambo and woody+ beefy before that put a lot of work into with regular trips south for higher octane challenge mathes etc
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on May 20, 2013, 04:29:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2013, 03:31:40 PM

aye and a ropey watch  ;)

Cheeky fcuker!! I stopped my watch during game for any injuries so when it says 30 mins I usually blow time up, but the Dall keeper was slow taking frees late on and I added 1.32 for an injury late on. Canny win. decent game and Cushendall deserved to win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 20, 2013, 05:12:49 PM
In terms of the city teams I made it to hannahstow v galls. Scrappy affair not great with both sides missing players. I would have thought galls should have won by more but they weren't able to one the day. Fair enough galls lads? Still a banana skin avoided so promotion still very much on.

From what I hear St. John's sideline were outrageous again. Alot of effort (and finance) going in there but I have to question it all.
Rossa unsurprisingly travelled minus a selection of 1st teamers including both county men - how is this allowed to happen hardstation?

Was elsewhere so didn't see the game, talking to lads tonight before we played a Southy hurling game last night (my first touch was brutal!!) Apparently the Lamhs are really struggling with getting a team out in hurling sad really cause they have had a real battling team over the last few years. Glad to get the win considering we had a hatfull of players missing. We'd need to keep it going though and push on.

Rossa where playing one of the teams they needed to beat to stand any chance of staying up, Glenariff now have two wins which may be enough as Rossa won't get too many chances to stay up

CitySlicker11

Rossa need to pick up points soon, though safety will likely be so little points that draws and the odd home win could still be enough for Rossa. Time will tell but another poor start for them just like last season.

St Gall's seem to be enjoying the fact that the couple of stronger teams near the top of the league have moved on and this has given them the belief to keep going and finally attempt to win Div 2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 20, 2013, 11:49:05 PM
Rossa need to pick up points soon, though safety will likely be so little points that draws and the odd home win could still be enough for Rossa. Time will tell but another poor start for them just like last season.

St Gall's seem to be enjoying the fact that the couple of stronger teams near the top of the league have moved on and this has given them the belief to keep going and finally attempt to win Div 2.

With our current squad (no Stewart or McGourty's) we are doing really well, credit to the management and players who have committed this year. Will make myself available if we do manage to win title, means I'll have won a  div 4,3 and 2 title!!  But yes City Slicker with the teams left in div 2 it would be crazy to lose it this year