Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

Will this be the first weekend of the Sunday game live?

Cavan v Armagh i assume.

Team picked for the weekend yet?

Na Glinntí Glasa

team v Laois
1. Ryan Mc Garry Mac Uilin
2. Barry McFall Naomh Eoin
3. Arron Graffin Ruairi Og
4. Mark Mc Fadden Na Seamroga
5. Conor Mc Kinley Cú Chullain
6. Neal Mc Auley Mac Uilin
7. Jackson Mc Greevey Naomh Gall
8. Mathew Donnelly Mac Uilin
9. Tony Mc Closkey Na Seamroga
10. Paul Shiels Cú Chullain
11. Neil Mc Manus (Cap)Ruairi Og
12. Eddie McCloskey Na Seamroga
13. Shane Mc Naughto Ruairi Og
14. Conor Carson Ruairi Og
15. AN Other

16. Chris O Connell Na Seamroga
17. Ronan Mc Closkey Na Seamroga
18. Odhran Mc Fadden Na Seamroga
19. Kevin Mc Kernan Padraig Sairseil
20. Conor Laverty Naomh Brid
21. Chris Mc Guinness Ui Donnabhain Rosa
22. K B Mc Shane Mac Uilin
23. Shay Casey Na Seamroga
24. Stephan Mc Afee Mac Uilin
25. Ciaran Clarke Mac Uilin
26. Darren Hamill Shane O Neills
27. Dessie Mc Clean Gortnamona
28. Colm McFall Naomh Eoin
29. Simon Mc Crory Naomh Eoin

hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Here goes my shots again for the weekend;

Antrim V Laois - Antrim by about 4
I think the win over Westmeath gives our lads the edge of confidence going into the game. For me Laois will be carrying one or two players of sub standard ability and we have a greater scoring threat to overcome their home advantage.

Ballygalget V Cdall - Dall
Ballycran V Loughgiel - Shams
Portaferry V Dunloy - Dunloy

3 really tough and interesting trips for the top3 here!
I am picking the 3 Antrim teams but none of these games would be a surprise if the Ards boys turned them over.

Ballycastle V St Johns - Town to win.
Glenarrife V Rossa
I will be at this if the weather holds up. Think Oisins recent win and Rossa's bad start plus disastrous record on the road makes me plump for Oisins by 4 or 5.

Sarsfields to beat Carey
St Galls to beat Lamh Dearg
Randalstwon to beat Gort
Armoy / StPauls - could see a draw here!

Anyone else care to venture a prediction?

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 17, 2013, 09:22:43 AM

I think the win over Westmeath gives our lads the edge of confidence going into the game. For me Laois will be carrying one or two players of sub standard ability and we have a greater scoring threat to overcome their home advantage.

I am picking the 3 Antrim teams but none of these games would be a surprise if the Ards boys turned them over.

Glenarrife V Rossa
I will be at this if the weather holds up. Think Oisins recent win and Rossa's bad start plus disastrous record on the road makes me plump for Oisins by 4 or 5.

Sarsfields to beat Carey
Randalstwon to beat Gort

As much as Cushendall's county men will be exerted by the Laois game, our half dozen county men will also be facing Derry in the Christy Ring on saturday as well, less travelling though, and will also be suitably knackered. Cushendall may be in a better position to rest their contingent as the Ulster league semi-final in Hannahstown showed. We've no real strength in depth, and IMO we've a few on the starting 15 who are being carried, but there's no one better, so we are where we are.

As long as we play with a bit of heart and wit, we'll give the Dall a game, but one sadly we'll fall short on in the end.

theskull1

With the weather conditions it probably suited, but on principle could Matty Donnelly (and and other panelists) not have played 5 days before this game and if he got an knock, bring in a replacement. I think this attitude of county manangement (as its been for as long as I can remember) cancelling games over the head of one or two is totally crazy, never mind totally disrespectful and showing a real lack of confidence in the remaining panelists.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on May 17, 2013, 10:29:24 AM
With the weather conditions it probably suited, but on principle could Matty Donnelly (and and other panelists) not have played 5 days before this game and if he got an knock, bring in a replacement. I think this attitude of county manangement (as its been for as long as I can remember) cancelling games over the head of one or two is totally crazy, never mind totally disrespectful and showing a real lack of confidence in the remaining panelists.

I prefer to call it county mis managment.
And yes, you are 100% right on this.
Fed up with it year in year out then we wonder why we dont progress.

Sleeping giant

Glenarrife V Rossa

Sarsfields to beat Carey
Randalstwon to beat Gort

we won't be close to full strength as there's a wedding and a stag this weekend.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 17, 2013, 12:36:48 PM
we won't be close to full strength as there's a wedding and a stag this weekend.
:o
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

Haha.   Don't think it's a forcing match.      Anyone any idea who "an other" is.   IMO shay or young Clarke deserve a chance in the corner from the start.    Heard it is a late call up.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I agree. He played well when he came on against Westmeath and u would say he will fill that empty spot.

Anyone here going to the game tomorrow night? Think i will be heading Down. Hopefully the weather holds up like today!
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Glenarrife V Rossa

Sarsfields to beat Carey
Randalstwon to beat Gort

Why wasn't it called off then?

Losing your touch!   :o

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on May 17, 2013, 01:39:40 PM

Glenarrife V Rossa

Sarsfields to beat Carey
Randalstwon to beat Gort

Why wasn't it called off then?

Losing your touch!   :o

Very good JC

Seamroga in exile

Fancy a win anyway.  ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 17, 2013, 03:09:04 PM
Fancy a win anyway.  ;D

Just send the reserves  ;)

DR - Dont like you chances, check the forecast for tomorrow, could be a total mud bath of a match.

Ballybredagh

Where has young Conor McCann (Creggan) gone to. Is he not on the hurling panel this year. was a great prospect and a regular on the team 2 years ago.