Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 14, 2013, 01:38:07 PM
SIE no harm to you but the rubbish your are talking crazy. Catch a grip of yourself.
You're the expert.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 14, 2013, 03:25:02 PM
Big week for Antrim, although I think Liam is by far the best hurler in the county, don't be getting dragged down in to a conversation about him this week. It would be massive for Antrim to get two wins back to back in the Leinster championship, no matter who the opposition are.

Is there any injury doubts for this weekend, or we will be looking to a similar team? Hippy would be a great addition to the squad if we got over this one, is he playing away with Ballycastle?

Neil McAuley and Paul Shields are currently way ahead of him in this bracket.

Shorty has been nothing short of outstanding for antrim this year. hes only played a handfull of games this season for Dunloy as well at that.

Neil McAuley has been outstanding for Antrim this year, a complete man mountain in centre half and deserves all the credit hes had lapped onto him.

i think we have more than a wealth of talent in the squad to win this weekend and the following game without any additions/disruptions added.

hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 14, 2013, 12:20:29 PM
As long as you know the truth then that's that done with. Mcmanus and his club mates on the panel basically have the final say on who's allowed on the panel. As long as you're all happy about that, fair enough.

Winker is no Angel, but then who on that antrim panel is? And you're correct, as a loughgiel man I'm happy he's not in the squad.

So the dall boys are calling the shots. You either have some in depth insight or your talking through butt. If there was some sort of stipulation by other players then its due to the behaviour of the said player and the discord he brought in the past. You say as LG man your glad he is not on the panel, well as a dunloy man imm glad as well. Better to plod on with some harmony than an undeniable talent that needs placated at every whim.  SIE stop embarrassing yourself on a thread on Antrim hurling, keep your inaccurate one sided excuses for the pound where you might get someone to indulge you. This guy has has left under every county manager he hurled for, long before kevin Ryan and mc manus came on the scene
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 15, 2013, 11:47:56 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 14, 2013, 12:20:29 PM
As long as you know the truth then that's that done with. Mcmanus and his club mates on the panel basically have the final say on who's allowed on the panel. As long as you're all happy about that, fair enough.

Winker is no Angel, but then who on that antrim panel is? And you're correct, as a loughgiel man I'm happy he's not in the squad.

So the dall boys are calling the shots. You either have some in depth insight or your talking through butt. If there was some sort of stipulation by other players then its due to the behaviour of the said player and the discord he brought in the past. You say as LG man your glad he is not on the panel, well as a dunloy man imm glad as well. Better to plod on with some harmony than an undeniable talent that needs placated at every whim.  SIE stop embarrassing yourself on a thread on Antrim hurling, keep your inaccurate one sided excuses for the pound where you might get someone to indulge you. This guy has has left under every county manager he hurled for, long before kevin Ryan and mc manus came on the scene

Interesting point.

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

Maybe if he went off to new York to hurl during the championship or agree to go on county sponsored drinking jaunts down to cork with the lads he might have been more accepted. I doubt it though. Double standards alive and well in the county set up.

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 15, 2013, 01:25:12 PM
Maybe if he went off to new York to hurl during the championship or agree to go on county sponsored drinking jaunts down to cork with the lads he might have been more accepted. I doubt it though. Double standards alive and well in the county set up.

Or if he had just trained like everyone else on the panel, committed to the cause at any point during his county career then he might command more respect that he does now when he comes off with this rubbish, he didn't so he doesn't. Unfortunately on this one SIE you can defend him to you are blue in the face but his record speaks for itself. Something which was so conveniently omitted from the article.

north_antrim_hound

Or what about away on motocross bikes during the league one year when we where going well and had to play tipp away. ( Only one example) Stop dwelling on other players, they are not the subject here.  Bring up all the examples you want . Your not convincing anyone on here why no one wants to hurl with him. You have been very quick to have a crack At mc manus ,how do you rate his discipline and commitment to Antrim compared to your mate . As I said before brilliant player LG wouldn't have won an all Ireland without him and he would be a huge asset to the county if his attitude mirrored some of the players you are slating

optimus cheese

The noises from KR suggest he is building a team to peak in three years. The average age will be 27 or so then. Watson (correct me if wrong) would be 33?  Perhaps the manager is looking to build a team for the future and Watson may not be around then, possibly this is why he hasn't been asked. Either way, Liam Watson isn't part of the panel, isn't likely to be any time soon. All the shouting and roaring isn't going to change that. Would think the Antrim manager that has a wealth of experience, working with a great Waterford team in their peak in the 2000s would know what he is doing. I will take his word for it, the performances to date suggest he is doing the right thing. Watson's gone, next.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on May 15, 2013, 01:40:25 PM

Or if he had just trained like everyone else on the panel, committed to the cause at any point during his county career then he might command more respect that he does now when he comes off with this rubbish, he didn't so he doesn't. Unfortunately on this one SIE you can defend him to you are blue in the face but his record speaks for itself. Something which was so conveniently omitted from the article.

Dead right nag hit the nail on the head, pen and paper refuses nothing. This column in the post is the equivalent of joey Barton or l bowyer writing for the sun. Worth a read if your buying it but completely dismissive of any substance or  Balance. Anyway as skull said we are talking about him so job done. While he's typing away lads like shorty and graffin etc are at the coalface this week training for Saturday. Lets talk about that what's everyone's thoughts, will be tuff going but I think we can Pull it off.

Seamroga in exile

Like I said before, double standards.

Fairhead

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 14, 2013, 03:25:02 PM
Big week for Antrim, although I think Liam is by far the best hurler in the county, don't be getting dragged down in to a conversation about him this week. It would be massive for Antrim to get two wins back to back in the Leinster championship, no matter who the opposition are.

Is there any injury doubts for this weekend, or we will be looking to a similar team? Hippy would be a great addition to the squad if we got over this one, is he playing away with Ballycastle?

In answer to that Slicker no he hasnt been playing for the club. Still injured. Huge loss for the county this season as i think Graffin is better suited to corner back. Hopefully they can get past Laois on Saturday. Im sure it will be tough but hard to gauge where Laois are at given they were in 2A of the league. Havent heard of any rows or fall outs in their camp so thats a plus for them!!!

theskull1

Its what you don't say in between your very poor defense is striking. Would you not have been better to say nothing.

I have to question whether having any egotistical and controversial player (who's still playing) writing in a local rag is good for business.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Is there any TV coverage of the match on Saturday in any shape of form or is that wishful thinking?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on May 16, 2013, 11:00:02 AM
Is there any TV coverage of the match on Saturday in any shape of form or is that wishful thinking?

I doubt it, Midland radio with it's fair commentary........... not!!! Well bound to have it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea