Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Fully agree with both previous posts.
To the point where I am wondering are they not generally accepted truth now rather than opinion?
Maybe only those in loughgiel think different SiE?

Seamroga in exile

As long as you know the truth then that's that done with. Mcmanus and his club mates on the panel basically have the final say on who's allowed on the panel. As long as you're all happy about that, fair enough.

Winker is no Angel, but then who on that antrim panel is? And you're correct, as a loughgiel man I'm happy he's not in the squad.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 14, 2013, 12:20:29 PM
As long as you know the truth then that's that done with. Mcmanus and his club mates on the panel basically have the final say on who's allowed on the panel. As long as you're all happy about that, fair enough.

Winker is no Angel, but then who on that antrim panel is? And you're correct, as a loughgiel man I'm happy he's not in the squad.

I thought this was Kevin Ryan's job?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on May 14, 2013, 12:21:49 PM

so did I. 

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 14, 2013, 12:29:12 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 14, 2013, 12:21:49 PM

so did I.

So you are throwing accusations about now, care to back them up with a shred of evidence of this?

Seamroga in exile

Take a look at the numerous interviews and articles that your club mates have related to and through the press over the past few months and one is left to draw that conclusion from this side of the fence.

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 14, 2013, 12:37:24 PM
Take a look at the numerous interviews and articles that your club mates have related to and through the press over the past few months and one is left to draw that conclusion from this side of the fence.

I did say evidence SIE?

What do you expect the guys on the squad to say when they are interviewed, 'oh we really miss Liam I wonder would he ever come back when it suits him of course we miss him that much'

Of course they are going to say that the most committed and talented players are on the squad already.

I think the red tinted glasses clouding your view on this one SIE.

PS I think KR is a big enough man in his own right to pick and choose who he wants or doesnt in and around the panel.

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on May 14, 2013, 12:42:32 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 14, 2013, 12:37:24 PM

I did say evidence SIE?

What do you expect the guys on the squad to say when they are interviewed, 'oh we really miss Liam I wonder would he ever come back when it suits him of course we miss him that much'

Of course they are going to say that the most committed and talented players are on the squad already.

I think the red tinted glasses clouding your view on this one SIE.

PS I think KR is a big enough man in his own right to pick and choose who he wants or doesnt in and around the panel.

I would expect nothing less that for you SiE to think the same way as your clubman - and I'm sure plenty in Loughgiel - its only natural.

But from a different persepctive - there is nothing concrete to suggest Kevin Ryan was influenced by the Cushendall lads to exclude Watson.
If he was influenced by Watson having a poor effect on the squad - maybe thats Watson's fault.

Overall I think we should keep this one simple. He's not on the squad becasue Kevin Ryan doesnt want him there.

Milltown Row2

I think a manager at the end of the day decides on who he wants in the panel, is that based on what senior squad members say? coaching staff or outside influences or is it based on past experiences or form? Either way I would say that Ryan has made his mind up on this, he's said a few things in the past about the panels but anyone who's ever been involved with management will tell you that to set conditions at the start of the year (and they all do) is madness, they usually back down somewhere along the way, Cody maybe the exception as he a serious wealth of talent.

In some cases you have to be realistic, am I going to have problems further down the line, will it upset everyone else, will it cause a split. Obviously a good manager can work with players and bring together a squad all fighting together for the County/Club. Very hard to do.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

SIE is reverting to type. You would almost think that LW never acted the ballecks round LG for SIE not to have any idea why people have so little time for him regardless of his talents. LG have had to deal with his idiosyncratic tendencies and I'd say they wouldn't have been that far away from casting him adrift if they didn't end their barren spell when they did. Are you telling me SIE you don't know what I'm talking about?

I think SIE knows right well its a gamble (with poor odds) to include him in an antrim county squad now. Watson would only play well for the county to prove a point to naysers. He wouldn't be interested in just committing properly like the rest, training week in week out with the squad, work on helping to develop a decent bond and healthy respect for his team mates and together try and achieve a level of success. 

But hey, we're talking about him ...mission accomplished  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

SIE no harm to you but the rubbish your are talking crazy. Catch a grip of yourself.

Jeepers Creepers

CitySlicker11

Big week for Antrim, although I think Liam is by far the best hurler in the county, don't be getting dragged down in to a conversation about him this week. It would be massive for Antrim to get two wins back to back in the Leinster championship, no matter who the opposition are.

Is there any injury doubts for this weekend, or we will be looking to a similar team? Hippy would be a great addition to the squad if we got over this one, is he playing away with Ballycastle?

imtommygunn

Is McCrory back and fit?

Jesusjones

Mc Manus is now doing something for the county that Watson never did over the decade or so he played and that is to perform consistently.