Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

Are the only two trainers Ryan and O'Kane then?

Seamroga in exile

As far as I know dick does most of the training.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 06, 2013, 12:17:47 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 06, 2013, 12:09:50 PM
Less of the harshness towards Karl, how many on here can say they have put in what he as for Antrim. A great gifted player with a hot streak in him, not the first and not the last in Antrim. Well done to all the panel yesterday. Laois give Westmeath a good beating in the league final, could be tight enough away to them.

+1 if Karl has one problem he ain't cute enough when reacting to some plank pulling on him first. When it comes to southern umpires and linesmen they never see the original offender. Either they are better at it or they just don't like us.

Problem with that theory NAH is that nobody pulled but Karl. The defender put his shoulder into Karl as nearly every defender that has ever lived has done to a sub coming on and Karl grossly overreacted and swung round him. The defender then went down roaring (which was an overreaction itself as, while contact was undoubtedly made, he got the "middle" rather than the "end" of the stick). All this happened 5 yards from the linesman who saw both the initial incident and Karl's reaction.

While we might have grounds to be paranoid about how (some) refs treat us (I have one in particular in mind), the way this incident was dealt with wasn't one of them.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on May 06, 2013, 04:28:38 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 06, 2013, 12:17:47 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 06, 2013, 12:09:50 PM
Less of the harshness towards Karl, how many on here can say they have put in what he as for Antrim. A great gifted player with a hot streak in him, not the first and not the last in Antrim. Well done to all the panel yesterday. Laois give Westmeath a good beating in the league final, could be tight enough away to them.

+1 if Karl has one problem he ain't cute enough when reacting to some plank pulling on him first. When it comes to southern umpires and linesmen they never see the original offender. Either they are better at it or they just don't like us.

Problem with that theory NAH is that nobody pulled but Karl. The defender put his shoulder into Karl as nearly every defender that has ever lived has done to a sub coming on and Karl grossly overreacted and swung round him. The defender then went down roaring (which was an overreaction itself as, while contact was undoubtedly made, he got the "middle" rather than the "end" of the stick). All this happened 5 yards from the linesman who saw both the initial incident and Karl's reaction.

While we might have grounds to be paranoid about how (some) refs treat us (I have one in particular in mind), the way this incident was dealt with wasn't one of them.

Fair enough irish news got it wrong then. Good to hear a report from someone that seen it. After the shanagans of last year . Forgive me for being paranoid
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

I stopped buying the IN years ago . Terrible reporters with an agenda.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 06, 2013, 06:04:14 PM
Who? What agenda?

Lecale2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 06, 2013, 07:19:18 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 06, 2013, 06:04:14 PM
Who? What agenda?
Indeed?? What do you mean?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Just back from lgiel v st. johns. Final score lgiel 2-11 St. John's 0-21.
St. John's near blew this one big time as they were playing well and 0-12 to 0-06 up at half time. Conceeded a goal in the first min of the second half and a very soft goal from a free.
Strangely a lot of people going down with cramp which I found odd.
Good game for a neutral to watch.
hurl like f**k boi!

Onion Bag

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 05, 2013, 10:33:18 PM
Sorry for hijacking the thread lads, can anyone tell me the full management team for Antrim senior hurlers? Cheers
Oh and sorry where they are from?

Nobody knows then???????
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Milltown Row2

Ryan, Dick O'Kane, PJ Mullan senior, and Jackie probably still doing the sticks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

Who are selectors for loughgiel sie and do they select and not attend the games. Have no problem with pj senior,  just think he is not in the normal selectors role. Actually had put it down to poor health and If that was the case I wish him well. He Has been good servant for the county.

St. John's a superior outfit last night but nearly blew it. Hear big fellow nugent is only 5 th year. Should have left him at edge of square. Very impressed with the no 11. Also we sham at 10 showed great fight

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: saffron89 on May 07, 2013, 06:37:09 AM
Who are selectors for loughgiel sie and do they select and not attend the games. Have no problem with pj senior,  just think he is not in the normal selectors role. Actually had put it down to poor health and If that was the case I wish him well. He Has been good servant for the county.

St. John's a superior outfit last night but nearly blew it. Hear big fellow nugent is only 5 th year. Should have left him at edge of square. Very impressed with the no 11. Also we sham at 10 showed great fight

was counting the selectors/management for each side last night. 8 for St. Johns and the same for Lgiel. bloody hell thats some people on a side line, and everyone seemed to be giving instructions. a bit weird.

was impressed with st johns in periods and in periods they looked poor. the number 11 for st johns had a good game, impressed with him. the number 8 for lgiel in midfield had a good game and fielded well throughout. tho the number 2 for lgiel seemed intent on getting sent off at times with his slapping off the ball and got his dues with that stupit block on him at the end and conceeded the important 4th point between the sides.
good game tho to watch
hurl like f**k boi!

tom moore83

loughgiel had 5 along the line
pj
dominic
ciaran
martin
nial

pj o mullan senior a antrim selector. unfortunately he is sick at present not even doing his secretery duties. hope things work out for him

The Memory Man

RE: Dunloy Realist

These are  the guidelines that have been issued by the County for Championship games re personnel on the line! :) :)

1   A maximum of 3 team officials, plus 1 club Officer, plus 1 medical attendant
     are permitted on the sidelines (Total 5)
     Fine of £50 for non-compliance

Additionally 4 Hurley / Water carriers, with bibs, may be stationed at
     designated points. (1 on the 22mtr line & 1 on the 45 mtr line and vice versa on
     the opposite side of the pitch) (Total 4)
     Water Carriers are not permitted to enter field of play.     

The Bainisteoir may remain on the touch line and the Maor Foirne can
    approach the Bainisteoir for discussions but must return to the bench.

Only the Maor Foirne can enter the field of play to issue instructions to players.

Only the designated medical personnel are permitted to enter the playing area
   attend injured players 
  The medical attendant may only enter the playing area with the permission of
  the referee

Bids must be supplied by the club as follows;
   Bainisteoir, Maor Foirne, Physio / Doctor, Maor Caman / Maor Uisce

Na Glinntí Glasa

They wouldn't need to be issuing them as lgiel had no bibs on lol they did the same last year in the county final and tried to fine both dunloy and lgiel for different rule beaks but because they didn't enforce them throughout tr entire thing they couldn't fine our two clubs.

Same would prob apply again as they have set a precedent now. St. John's did have bibs on tho. Outs and ballycastles didn't in our game. Can't see them enforcing that again.
hurl like f**k boi!